progress news ~ alpha has an editor

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ Alpha Has an Editor

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 42839 times) 1 2 3 [4] 5

Re: Progress News ~ Alpha Has an Editor
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2010, 03:57:17 AM » by jolly_old_saint
Er, the patch won't affect voices. And it shouldn't have in alpha gaiden, if that's where you're getting that from. I think some emulators/plugins had a problem recognizing the voices, ask around if you've issues there. That said, I wouldn't expect a patch for this one soon, as I think Gideon's focusing all his efforts on that macross ace frontier game for the PSP (or something).

...That said, if anyone asks (and you can hold me to this years from now), I'll do a voiceover playthrough of the entire game. I mean to get the footage anyway, once the translation's done and I get myself a much more decent computer. And a much more decent mic. And a camcorder that may take doing things I won't be proud of to obtain. And a refund for that camcorder because I should've looked a bit more into what kind I was purchasing. Ah, well...

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2010, 01:38:03 PM » by and
thats strange i thought it was a cool feature i liked it better that way
IP Logged

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 10:00:12 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
...why?

I mean, I know some people dislike languages they can't understand, but I'd find it pretty tough to appreciate the raw hotblood of, say, Getter Robo if I didn't hear SOMEONE, english or japanese, yelling GETTAAAAAAAAAA BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM at some point.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2010, 01:51:29 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
YATTE YARUZE!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2010, 09:24:18 PM » by Armetius
Even if you're on the real robot side you at least get the pleasure of listening to Kamille scream at everything like he's off his meds...

On second thought, people using real robots don't really need voices.
IP Logged

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 12:31:55 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Hey, in F you get to hear Amuro bitchslap Shinji, then chew him out for being a whiny girly man. That alone is worth having the sounds.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 11:58:05 AM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Personally, I'm a fan of Kamille's crazed ranting. It wouldn't be Kamille without it!

Also Amuro and Char. For being Amuro and Char.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2010, 06:29:44 AM » by jolly_old_saint
Kamille's a man's name, and he's a man!

...I'll concede he's a whiny girly man, though.

...And that its not that manly a name.

IP Logged

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2010, 01:46:50 PM » by Lampard
Heyy guys! No updates? :( i am so looking forward to it that i am actually checking this page every week, but to no avail :'(
IP Logged

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2010, 02:17:26 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
You'll have to be patient. Antialias did some calculations; Alpha apparently has as many words in it as 1.56 copies of War and Peace. It's gigantic.

IP Logged

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2010, 02:32:15 PM » by jolly_old_saint
You know, I've always said that War & Peace should've had Giant Robo in it...

IP Logged

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2010, 01:25:45 PM » by Pleinair100
I'm not entirely sure if anyone worked on both games, but has Alpha been any more trouble to translate, in any area, than Alpha Gaiden?
IP Logged

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2010, 04:10:32 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
It's basically an entirely different beast. Alpha Gaiden was translated by a native English speaker with a great love for SRW. Alpha was translated by a person for whom English is a third language, who valued speed over eloquence (though he *is* a huge fan of the series.) It is also much bigger than Alpha Gaiden.

IP Logged

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 12:42:34 PM » by yic17
I just finished Alpha Gaiden not long ago .. it's great. I'm really looking forward to Alpha translate.

Is it possible to just release an alpha version of the patch with all text translated but not corrected?

I really don't mind if there are errors or if the translation is not top notch .. I just want to be able to understand the basics of the story and be able to play it.
IP Logged

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 04:50:01 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Is it possible to just release an alpha version of the patch with all text translated but not corrected?

No. You're kind of a dick for asking. Be patient and wait. And for what it's worth, this is my *nice* response.

IP Logged

(Read 42839 times) 1 2 3 [4] 5
Jump to: