progress news ~ alpha has an editor

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ Alpha Has an Editor

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 743 Members, Latest Member: brbrafns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 39341 times) [1] 2 3 ... 5

Progress News ~ Alpha Has an Editor
« on: February 23, 2010, 01:01:26 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Please welcome Antialias, recruited in desperation from the depths of /m on 4chan, to the SRW Alpha project. When he passed me these images two weeks ago he´d edited up through the route merge at scenario 6 (of 57.) So I´ve uploaded a bunch of the stuff he sent me to showcase his work! The two snaps below are now in the game´s gallery, along with nine more new snaps. Enjoy!
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Progress News ~ Alpha Has an Editor
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 07:01:34 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Woo! One step closer to world domination!

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 02:16:38 PM » by GreenEnergy
Although I have never played any SRW games, this definitly looks very interesting! Looking forward to this one as well! Guess, I should watch more "Super Robot" Animes, though :D
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 02:22:34 PM » by Chibi Kami
My blood. It is burning with the fire of a thousand suns.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 02:45:49 PM » by Antialias
I should like to point out that not all the lines I've edited have the word 'guys' in them. It's a good 90% though.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 03:04:54 PM » by Armetius
I should like to point out that not all the lines I've edited have the word 'guys' in them. It's a good 90% though.

Thank you for taking over as editor, as there was no way I would be able to finish editing in any realistic time frame (ended up losing over nine months of work after having to reformat my hard drive).

Also, using the word "guys" is much better than seeing a bunch of ellipses.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 03:11:45 PM » by Antialias
Thank you for taking over as editor, as there was no way I would be able to finish editing in any realistic time frame (ended up losing over nine months of work after having to reformat my hard drive).

*Frantically backs up files*

I hope everyone can bear with the various Briticisms that may have crept in.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 03:21:45 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I should also note that the screens, while fantastic by themselves, do not represent the full scope of the edit. There are sequences in the snaps that were really well done and also very funny, but would have required context (i.e. another several screenshots) to make sense. The ones that are up are the best of the ones that stand well alone.

IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 04:46:59 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Put your mind to what you to do, editor person! Xabungle is a boy!

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 07:07:33 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.

Also, using the word "guys" is much better than seeing a bunch of ellipses.
If I recall, the best conversation in crossover history is a wall of ellipseseseses in Alpha.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 07:13:04 PM » by Antialias
If I recall, the best conversation in crossover history is a wall of ellipseseseses in Alpha.

I know the one you mean... I've replaced it with Engrish and TL notes, in the style of TV-Nihon.

IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 07:29:17 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.

I know the one you mean... I've replaced it with Engrish and TL notes, in the style of TV-Nihon.
Sugoi!

TL Note: "Sugoi" means "totally badass" in Japanese.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 07:55:56 PM » by Antialias

Yatsu Tachi Kisamas!
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 04:33:45 AM » by Chibi Kami
Sugoi!

Actually, Sugoi means "awesome," in the sense of the scale of an event. It can be applied to both good and bad things. So, a 1080 degree spin on a skateboard would be sugoi, but so would a Gojira attack.

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 05:57:06 AM » by alaras
I'd say a rough equivalent for that line (since it's just an insulting/threatening way of saying "you") would be "You fucking bastard!"  After all, Japanese, like Yiddish, has very subtle profanity.
IP Logged

(Read 39341 times) [1] 2 3 ... 5
Jump to: