metal max 3 announced for ds.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Metal Max 3 announced for DS.

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 11930 times) [1]

Metal Max 3 announced for DS.
« on: March 04, 2010, 02:54:34 AM » by Dais
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1232621_1407.html
(copy and paste)

-Unlike Metal Saga DS, this will have a traditional JRPG overworld.
-New customizable vehicle: motorcycles
-The hero is an amnesiac with mysterious powers argh
-The recently released Famitsu apparently has more details but good luck finding a readable scan
IP Logged

Re: Metal Max 3 announced for DS.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 05:41:25 AM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Wonderful! Thanks for posting this...

Here's a scan: http://www.nintendoeverything.com/34331/metal_max_3_famitsu-1/
I'd be delighted if someone could find a better one, though.

It's a pleasure to see so many of those names back for MM3. I'll take the art style of this one over the moe mixi app any day (http://www.success-corp.co.jp/software/mixiapp/metalsaga/)

Maybe now's a good time to stop procrastinating on MM2...

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 09:25:03 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
-New customizable vehicle: motorcycles

I'm in.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:43:40 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Liana, for those not fluent, perhaps ye could elaborate and direct a bit?

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 11:01:58 AM » by Liana Lens Comrade
This Siliconera writeup looks to be a pretty good summary to start with:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/03/03/metal-max-series-returns-on-ds-with-metal-max-3/

If I have time tonight I'll write some more

IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 11:12:37 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I more meant explain the maxi thing and navigation of the site, but I suppose that works.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 12:12:54 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Oh, the Mixi app? I don't know much about that, actually. I don't have a Mixi account (you need a Japanese cell phone e-mail address) so I actually never looked into it very closely... Apparently you can play as a trader, though, I like that idea...

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 07:12:23 PM » by Dais
Updatin':

-The official site is now up, with a very short teaser trailer showing footage of the battle system and overworld. Looks better than Metal Saga DS (although the best part of that was the towns), but still reliably low-budget. Oddly, it uses the original NES Metal Max battle theme - I assume it's just to be nostalgic, but going the Retro Game Challenge/Dark Spire route with the MM3 soundtrack would be a notable improvement after the lackluster Metal Saga DS score.

-It will apparently have some kind of two-player feature. Probably tank part trading or something.

-The developer seems to be Cattle Call, who I've never heard of before now. They apparently developed Tsugunai and the two Arc the Lad games for PS2. Keep in mind that this tidbit is from Siliconera, and I can't actually find mention of CC anywhere on the site. It might be in the Famitsu article.

-Speaking of Famitsu, here are some better scans, although still not very readable.

-"Metal Max" is apparently now a copyright of Enterbrain.

incidentally, I've been thinking about the fact that the Famitsu article apparently calls the amnesiac hero "the strongest level one character ever". I'm doubting this is actually true, but perhaps the hero actually starts very powerful and degrades with time, kind of like an intentional version of the Phantasy Star IV leveling up glitch. It'd be a pretty interesting way to put a motivating time limit on the game, akin to finding the water chip in the original Fallout

finally, this is just floating out an idea, but I was thinking about how the English-speaking people wtih Metal Max/Saga knowledge (like Liana and Gideon Zhi) are few and far between, but Japanese fans have developed nice sites like Metal Maniax, chock full of capture info and whatnot.

But there's very little Englsih info out there on the series, which is a big shame, because non-linear/free scenario JRPGs are rare and under-appreciated. As far as I'm aware, there's not really any English fan sites for the series. Understandable, given there's only been one official English release, but I can't help but think that companies like Atlus and such would be a lot more open to localization of MM3 if it could be proved that there was substantial and interested fanbase....
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 08:55:22 AM » by threetimes
It's thrilling and frustrating to know they are still making Metal Max games that I can't play! So far I've only managed Metal Saga (PS2) and MMR (thanks to Liana and Aeon Genesis), and this new one looks very sweet. A few begging emails to Atlus wouldn't go amiss, and they were really helpful when people wrote about MS. Rob Stone and Micheal Meacher were the contacts back then, but given the lack lustre reception to MS and the fact that MS:Hagane no Kisetsu was never translated I'm not holding out much hope.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 06:09:57 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
I share the same feelings as Threetimes. Metal Saga was the only attempt to export the Metal Max series, and it received mostly mediocre reviews from an unenlightened press, so there's not much hope on the horizon.

Still, I don't want to be completely pessimistic. With some luck, Atlus will come to the rescue, considering the DS is a completely different console from the PS2. It's a somewhat different audience, too, so they may be interested in testing the waters with MM3. Just wildly speculating, though.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 03:46:51 PM » by PSPLover
The release date is for the Japanese release right> is it confirmed that theirs will be a USA /EUR release?
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 09:55:34 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
We have no information about any plans regarding MM3's localization.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 11:44:16 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
MM3 has appeared on my favorite Illegitimate Video Games Download Site. Let's pray it gets looked at on the quick-fast!

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

(Read 11930 times) [1]
Jump to: