progress news ~ tactics ogre much closer

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ Tactics Ogre much closer

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10944 Posts, 520 Topics, 739 Members, Latest Member: leaftanya12

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 9580 times) [1]

Progress News ~ Tactics Ogre much closer
« on: March 06, 2010, 06:32:50 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Attached below are screenshots of stuff I´ve fixed over the last couple of days. First one shows the finalized L-view character list, while the second shows an expanded S-view character portrait window and hacked "Start: Parameter" graphic. Expanding that window was a right pain in the arse, let me tell you - and it still doesn´t function 100% correctly when the screen scrolls up or down. I´ve since fixed some major crashes, some nasty non-crash glitches, and a lot of really bizarre stuff, including stuff that worked breaking inexplicably later on down the line.

All that said, it´s look a *lot* nicer, and aside from the introduction to politics if you let the game sit at the title screen twice, you can play up to the world map without encountering any Japanese or glitches. The Warren Report menus still need rather a lot of work, the dates still display in Japanese on the map, I haven´t really tested much of the intermission stuff and the aforementioned political introduction is still broken (it´s only displaying one line of four) but otherwise I think I´ve fixed most of the biggest issues. It´s certainly a lot more stable than it used to be!
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Progress News ~ Tactics Ogre much closer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 06:37:19 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Here's a fun collage of some of the crap I've had to deal with in the last couple of days:

IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 07:44:02 PM » by alaras
Looks terrifying.  Makes me glad I'm not trying to debug this monster!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 10:40:09 PM » by Drake333
That last one would certainly have me perplexed. It is amazing how much damage one tiny little bug in the code can cause. (Although for all I know that last one is multiple bugs, hehe)

Anyways, the good pics look excellent. I'm sure you will have it sorted out eventually. Nothing technical can stop you, Gideon! (Well, maybe if all your storage media failed in unison, I hope that doesn't ever happen... *crosses fingers*)
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 05:25:15 PM » by GreenEnergy
WOW, I'm getting really excited! I think I'm just not used to such awesome (and frequent!?) progress-news on TO! :D

Awesome work, Gid! If there's anyone who can vanquish this beast, it's you!

*so coool....*
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 05:52:33 PM » by 137
Woohoo!  A second update in as many weeks!

Gideon Zhi, you are awesome.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 06:37:38 AM » by Djungelurban
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:42:56 AM by Djungelurban »
You're brave alright for taking this on. Even if one pretended I had your hacking skills, I would have thrown in the towel ages ago.... Guess I should have more patience and determination...

But it does look great, look forward to see it in finished form...
IP Logged

Re: Progress News ~ Tactics Ogre much clos
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 10:59:56 PM » by nilson lol
I've been waiting for this for years ^ _ ^ good luck with the rest!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 08:37:50 AM » by Guncannoneer
The game looks fun.  The hacking looks painful.  Reminds me of Lufia II...
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 10:53:16 PM » by Apophis
Not close enough...

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If you still fail, cry like a little bitch.
IP Logged

(Read 9580 times) [1]
Jump to: