miscellaneous news ~ pop! goes the weasel

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Miscellaneous News ~ Pop! Goes The Weasel

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10944 Posts, 520 Topics, 739 Members, Latest Member: leaftanya12

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 9565 times) [1]

Miscellaneous News ~ Pop! Goes The Weasel
« on: April 02, 2010, 01:56:01 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Well, as I´m sure most people have realized by now, the Tactics Ogre patch translates the game into Al Bhed and not English. Happy April Fool´s Day, everyone! Consider this my way of getting back at all the are-we-there-yet whiners I´ve had to deal with over the years. If I truly intended to delay the patch two weeks for every person who asked when it´d be done, well, you´d probably be getting it on Christmas instead.

What´s no joke, however, is the very real amount work that went into this. The actual translation patch - which will be coming in a few days, don´t worry - will be nearly identical to the one available now. The Al Bhed version contains the full English text, sort of - I just used a different table file to insert it into the rom. In fact, if I didn´t have to get up for my crazy weekend work schedule in the morning, I´d probably get things ready to go right now! But them´s the breaks, and a few more days won´t kill you. And for those of you who are curious, yes, the Al Bhed version of the patch will be moved to the Tactics Ogre page´s "Extras" subsection, where it will be preserved for all who care to try it.

See you in a few days!

IP Logged

Re: Miscellaneous News ~ Pop! Goes The Weasel
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:59:04 AM » by SailorCallie
I can't believe that we fell for it, even myself. I've notified a fellow TO player about the patch yesterday, and just recently followed up with a mea culpa.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:33:15 PM » by Drake333
Indeed, well played.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 10:22:09 AM » by talbain
You win an internet for this one. :)

IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:43:00 PM » by ChrisABlair
Yer silly, Gid. Way to go.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 04:36:30 AM » by ultpaladin
I think I need a dictionary to know how to pronounce some of those words phonetically of the Al Bhed language when you get to some of the weirder ones.   

Churchill: If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons
IP Logged

Miscellaneous News Pop Goes The Weasel
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 05:37:00 PM » by Slotovela Everybody can much more...
I think, that you commit an error. Let's discuss.

Everybody can much more...
IP Logged

Re: Miscellaneous News Pop Goes The Weasel
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 04:35:53 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I think, that you commit an error. Let's discuss.

....What?

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

(Read 9565 times) [1]
Jump to: