so..nintendo has begun the importing.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: So..Nintendo has begun the importing.

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 743 Members, Latest Member: brbrafns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 2782 times) [1]

So..Nintendo has begun the importing.
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:47:06 PM » by Osairis
Currently, they have offered a new section of the Virtual Console section which is basically an import section for games unreleased in North America, or any other country these games were not released on. This is an amazing opportunity.

So far Sin and Punishment, a classic cult game made by Treasure is released and a standalone version of Mario: Lost levels have been released. (...Lost Levels has been released several times as a collection, but not by itself...Hmm..)

Though, this is a step for Nintendo as we may see bigger gems later on. Sadly, we'll never see a SRW game come, but we can always await the arrivals of the games through Gideon. I actually hope companies enlist the aid of Romhackers as many classic games have been released as completed projects by many groups.

I remember posting the rumor in the old Pantheon and Gideon self promoted his games, haha. Perhaps this may be the step required afterall. (Hint hint?)
IP Logged

Re: So..Nintendo has begun the importing.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 02:54:53 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Hm. I await the FE SNES series with baited breath.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 07:12:27 PM » by CouchTomato
The problem with FE is that it takes a great deal of translation effort. Sin & Punishment already had voices in English, and they probably only had to translate the menu and basic stuff. SMB:LL took even less effort, probably. We can always hope though, and this is definitely a step forward in the right direction. I just hope the sales are huge (I already downloaded S&P and will prolly download SMB) to show Nintendo the beauty of imports.

=O
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 08:55:41 PM » by Osairis
It should be the next step...Since they're games that we have never seen before but get a chance to play this time around. If this works, the Wii should be a bigger contender. Perhaps we can get some Goemon games too. :) Man I would love to see the unreleased Ganbare Goemon games released. I'd die a happy camper.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 09:56:01 PM » by Adamjirra
Ooo, sin and punishment? When I was younger I saw screens of it and wanted it. NOW IS MY CHANCE!
IP Logged

(Read 2782 times) [1]
Jump to: