major release news ~ tactics ogre, for real this time

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Tactics Ogre, For Real This Time

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11017 Posts, 538 Topics, 768 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 51486 times) 1 [2] 3 4 5

Re: Major Release News ~ Tactics Ogre, For Real This Time
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 06:18:32 PM » by ChrisABlair
Awww.. no more Al Bhed? Anyways, great job Gid and everyone involved.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 07:37:06 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
I read on gamefaqs that there is a bug in chapter 4 where Denim gets the lord's growth no matter what you do. Even if you don't promote him he still gets the growth. I was just wondering Gid if you left it as is or fixed it? Well anyway I'll say it again Gid is God

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 07:40:22 PM » by GeoX
In a way there's really not much sense saying anything about this, since it's so obvious what it's gonna be, but still: nice job.  I sunk countless hours into the PSX version back in the day, and it'll be nice to revisit it and try out a different path.
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 08:59:10 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
When I play this game I get a completely black screen when I go to my unit edit window.

Like this!  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/665807/tacticsogre_00000.png

This is an issue with ZSNES, not with the patch. Use a different emulator.

IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 01:14:24 AM » by azidahaka
Thanks man! I'll definitely give it a play; i'ma great fan of FFT, so i'm sure i'll love this one too! keep up the good work gid!

Ps i hope your next work will make justice to last year's SaGa anniversary ;) RS2 on summer holyday would be a blessing!
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 04:56:55 AM » by Isao Kronos Knight of The Lesser Internet Realms
why does it seem that in recent years ZSNES isn't nearly as good with compatability than other emulators?

CONCERTO!
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 10:31:47 AM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:33:22 AM by TCM »
Firstly, thanks much for the awesome patch.

Secondly, at the start of chapter 2 (C), there seems to be an issue with the text not displaying properly. Sometimes a single line will appear in the black area below the map, but no story text at all besides that appears. Basically, I got no exposition whatsoever, just a colored map with portraits on it that moved sometimes. Using SNES9x, forget which version. Will try reloading the save to see if the problem occurs again.

EDIT: I see this is under Known Issues. Eh, oh well.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 02:49:48 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
why does it seem that in recent years ZSNES isn't nearly as good with compatability than other emulators?
Because ZSNES hasn't been updated in recent years.
The last release was in 2007, and it wasn't exactly considered accurate then.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

"Black Screen" problem - solution
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 05:22:16 PM » by happybro
I also have this issue BUTyou can hit "9" on the keybord which switches some emulator's fonts on/off.
This way you can buy/sell and recruit without any problem.

PS: Unfortunately, your cursor also vanishes, so keep track what you buy!
IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 07:27:20 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
Noticed a few issues with the enemy Knight's dialogue in chapter 2(C), battle in Kriate City

"We have one of your men
aptive" - should be captive, i think, the first letter gets cut off?

"This is where you die will traitor!" - I think the problem here's fairly obvious.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 09:26:10 PM » by 137
Wonderful news.  I've patched the rom and am enjoying the game.  I've got the PSX disc, but I really wanted to play the SFC original.  Thank you!

Re: ZSNES graphical glitches.  You need to enable the old GFX engine in the options menu.  Then, toggle between the new GFX engine and the old GFX engine with the "8" key as required.  So far, all the graphical glitches I've seen are solved with one or the other GFX engine.
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 07:16:20 AM » by SeriousKriss
Thank you so much for this, in the name of all my non-Japanese-speaking friends who can finally enjoy this gem :)
IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 11:38:05 AM » by lonewuhf
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 01:22:41 PM by lonewuhf »
Ok, First of all, this is amazing work.  This is by far one of my favorite RPGs of all time.  I have a few problems however.  I have used roms before, but never had to patch them, so I'm not sure where to start to get this one working.  Second, I'm trying to get it to work on a SNES emulator on my HTC Hero, does anyone know if this is compatible with any of the emulators on the Android market?  Thanks for the help!

Edit: Patched the rom, I see the intro and see the "Aeon Genesis Presents" screen, then it goes black.  I'm assuming this is a problem with the emulator I'm using.  I'll try another one and see what happens.
IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Tactics Ogre, For
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 05:07:11 PM » by debo
OH EM GEEEEEEEE
IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Tactics Ogre, For
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 11:55:45 PM » by harq
Thanks so much for this, I've been so glad to play it, and enjoyed it immensely.
IP Logged

(Read 51486 times) 1 [2] 3 4 5
Jump to: