major release news ~ tactics ogre, for real this time

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Tactics Ogre, For Real This Time

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 50855 times) 1 2 3 [4] 5

Re: Major Release News ~ Tactics Ogre, For Real This Time
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2010, 11:59:53 AM » by Solar12
Seriously, this is Atlus' translation, go to their forums if you've got a problem.

Its the exact same script from the psx version.
IP Logged

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 12:05:51 PM » by Keele
Seriously, this is Atlus' translation, go to their forums if you've got a problem.

Its the exact same script from the psx version.
I don't give a rats ass.
IP Logged

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 12:34:41 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
I note that you still have not responded to me. Realistically, there are 5 possible scenarios.

1) You ignore me because you cannot actually do a better translation. Therefore, you are a liar, and your credibility is destroyed, which erodes the validity of your opinion (which, by the way, is both vague in nature and complaining about something that was never promised, which is to say, a new translation: it was always a straight port from the PSX version's english script).

2) You attempt to do a better translation and fail, proving that you are wrong about your capability to do a better translation, but you maintain your opinion regardless.

3) You attempt to do a better translation and fail, proving that you are wrong about your capability to do a better translation, and gain a new respect for the difficulty of hacking and translation.

4) You attempt to do a better translation and succeed, earning my respect and those of various TO fans, and also proving your point.

5) You continue ignoring me because you are a troll and get your jollies from riling a bunch of defensive fans.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 04:03:30 PM » by mr_chya
standby for a direct quote from the tactics ogre let us cling together project page.

"This is... Tactics Ogre. Not much else needs to be said, really. In all honesty, this is not a retranslation of any sort - I´ve just dropped the official Playstation script into the game, and although I will be twinking it here and there for grammar and such, it´s mostly fine. It IS done and I am frankly sick of looking at it. Enjoy."

please note this particular section

" this is not a retranslation of any sort - I´ve just dropped the official Playstation script into the game"

Now if you have ever been on this site before, or ever veiwed that projects page before you would know two things. First the project was not ever has not ever and will never be an actual translation of the game.

Second in the history of this site that "evil" donation button is a rellativly new adition. One that you are fully allowed to simply ignore.
IP Logged

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 07:24:49 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Awww, someone beat me to the punch.
Why do the trolls never strike at 2AM?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2010, 07:49:35 PM » by ChrisABlair
Awww, someone beat me to the punch.
Why do the trolls never strike at 2AM?
It's okay, Jay. You'll get your chance sometime.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Tactics Ogre, For
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2010, 11:59:40 PM » by harq
Thanks so much for this release, I've been enjoying playing through it.  I feel like I should warn people, though, to save often and keep an eye on their characters, I've had some problems with characters randomly having their men stat set to 0 which of course causes mages to tear through them.  But again thanks.
IP Logged

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 10:53:48 PM » by Drake333
FREE is NO excuse for a bad job, if you're going to do a bad job then don't bother translating it. Nobody wants a bad job of a translation regardless of whether IT'S FREE or not.

I would just like to refute this one last bit.

I think I speak for almost everybody here (except you obviously...) when I say that we want access to ANY translations, regardless of completeness or quality. Of course, we prefer better ones, but we want options. Before there was no option for this game, aside from playing it untranslated on SNES or playing the PSX versions. Now we have the option to play it translated on SNES if we want.

If you don't like the translation, you have the option of waiting for a better one. However, just because you plan to wait, doesn't mean we should have to wait.

Lastly, none of this really matters as the only people who have any control over this are the members of the AGTP translation/hacking team. If they didn't want to do this translation, it wouldn't be here and vice versa.
IP Logged

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 10:59:06 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
He's gone. He's actually banned from viewing the board. He can't see your rebuttal.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 11:19:00 PM » by Drake333
He's gone. He's actually banned from viewing the board. He can't see your rebuttal.

Ahh, all the better then. My additional request for moderation can be ignored then.
IP Logged

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2010, 10:58:29 AM » by Sugna
When I play this game I get a completely black screen when I go to my unit edit window.

Like this!  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/665807/tacticsogre_00000.png

This is an issue with ZSNES, not with the patch. Use a different emulator.

Snes9x (1.52) runs TO perfectly by default, unlike ZSNES and bsnes.
IP Logged

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2010, 06:04:15 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
What does BSNES do wrong, out of curiosity?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2010, 12:05:09 PM » by Solar12
I haven't really noticed anything wrong with BSNES except for some missing text at the beginning of chapter 2 and 3.
IP Logged

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2010, 01:32:12 PM » by Crixdec
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 01:33:47 PM by Crixdec »
not sure if this is a glitch with the rom itself or the translation 0.o, but at around floor 60 in hell's gate, i keep on getting the message after each and every turn "......that was very unkind of you" anyone else have this problem, also a good chunk of my armor has been wiped >.<, im thankful i have save states before, but 60 floors of hell >.<
IP Logged

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2010, 07:12:10 PM » by alaras
I'm not so sure of how well Snes9x works, but I know BSNES runs at a snail's pace on my laptop and leaks memory like no other application I've ever seen besides Internet Explorer.  That said, are there any other emulators that run Tactics Ogre properly that are less resource-intensive, thus not ruining my ability to actually enjoy the game?
IP Logged

(Read 50855 times) 1 2 3 [4] 5
Jump to: