metal max

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Metal Max

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5256 times) [1]

Metal Max
« on: June 23, 2010, 08:44:14 AM » by Demonolith
I really enjoyed this one. Such a fun game! What's the status on the 2nd one's translation? Is the game just as cool as the first one?
IP Logged

Re: Metal Max
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 08:12:48 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
I translated MMR, and I've got MM2; I've been thinking about it more lately since MM3 is coming out for the DS, but I've been busy lately (upcoming move, etc.) and haven't made much progress on it. I should try to get back to it soon... and of course, I can't comment on the hacking part.

I almost hate to say it given the contents of the status update, it seems cruel, but I think MM2 is better than MMR. MMR, of course, looks nicer, but MM2 is compelling. It has a little more direction than MMR, but it still has that feeling of freedom.

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 11:43:18 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Just got Metal Saga the other day for three bucks. Now I just need to get Makai Kingdom and Phantom Brave out of the way!

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 09:29:31 AM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Three bucks? *whistles*

The load times are killer, though. Last time I played through it, I had my computer at hand, with tvtropes ready to read any time the load screen came up. Otherwise I would have been pretty frustrated ^^;;

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 11:40:06 PM » by ChrisABlair
I still need to play some Metal Saga. It's been some time since I last played MMR too.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 09:31:32 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
I feel stupid that I reached Hell's Keep in Metal Saga at level 50 considering that the enemies are at level 125 thank god I have the Maus and Mercava.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 10:21:44 AM » by Demonolith
Thanks so much for the reply. You did a great job on the first one not to mention the tremendous hacking job Gideon did. Thank you both for your effort. I actually never got Metal Saga for the PS2. Considering how much people are enjoying it here, I may have to pick one up myself
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 01:26:59 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I really must recommend using some sort of HDLoader solution for playing Metal Saga. By all means pick up a legitimate copy, but do try to play it off a hard drive - the improvement to the loading times is dramatic.

IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 12:00:55 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
In fact, Metal Saga was DESIGNED to be played off a hard drive. As I recall, it's one of the few US releases that that supported the PS2 hard drive.

So what are you waiting for? Get a copy of FF11 PS2 for cheap!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 12:17:10 PM » by Nezumi
And don't think you can get out of it by using a backwards-compatible PS3 -- the HDD support doesn't work right with this game in backwards compatibility -- at least on the old 20/60 GB models. Sony is silent on the 80GB software-compatible version.
IP Logged

(Read 5256 times) [1]
Jump to: