progress news ~ ancient magic finally reaches beta

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ Ancient Magic finally reaches beta

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 7370 times) [1]

Progress News ~ Ancient Magic finally reaches beta
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:46:25 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Ugh, this game´s programming is one horrible spaghetti mess! But it´s finally in playtesting, which means that the end is in sight. Have a copy of the new title screen, and of one of the tougher issues (fade-in sprite text stored nine times in the rom! Ugh.)
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Progress News ~ Ancient Magic finally reaches beta
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 02:09:16 AM » by Drake333
Have a copy of the new title screen, and of one of the tougher issues (fade-in sprite text stored nine times in the rom! Ugh.)

These screens look great to me. Was the fade in text stored once for each frame of fade? That's an oddly primitive way of achieving that effect. I suppose as long as it works, though it is a shame that their poor design made it harder for you to hack.

I must admit I don't know anything about this game. Looks like I'll just have to be surprised when it is ready. :D
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:56:50 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
These screens look great to me. Was the fade in text stored once for each frame of fade? That's an oddly primitive way of achieving that effect.

Basically, yes. Pain in the ass.

The whole game is honestly kind of sub-par, but it does some really cool things. There's a fair bit of minor malleability in the way scenarios play out, and as you get closer to the end of the game, you start hitting some really cool plot twists.

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 05:53:51 PM » by ultpaladin
I'm glad to hear this is entering beta testing.  I've always been curious, but how do you decide the order of which projects to work on?   Is it just some sudden inspiration or a matter of what you can move on the quickest? 

Churchill: If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 09:56:33 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
A little of both, to be honest.

IP Logged

(Read 7370 times) [1]
Jump to: