unusual signs and such...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Unusual signs and such...

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 757 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 8088 times) [1] 2

Unusual signs and such...
« on: October 04, 2007, 12:19:23 PM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 12:23:36 PM by Lechise Inohara »
Yeah, I've been gone for a while (doubt anyone noticed though), anyway, I would like to contribute afew odd signs I've come across on the interweb (Warning: Must have a sense of humor)

Hotel in Athens: Visitors are expected to complain at the office between the hours of 9 and 11 A.M. daily. (... Ookay, thats one group that can take alot of criticism eh?)

Yugoslavian hotel: The flattening of underwear with pleasure is the job of the chambermaid. (... Kinky? I don't even want to know how this works o.o')

Japanese hotel: You are invited to take advantage of the chambermaid. (You know... I somehow find that less than surprising *nod*)

In the lobby of a Moscow hotel across from Russian Orthodox monastery: You are welcome to visit the cemetery where famous Russian and Soviet composers, artists, and writers are buried daily except Thursday. (... Wow... Wonder whats killing them?)

From the Soviet Weekly: There will be a Moscow Exhibition of Arts by 150,000 Soviet Republic painters and sculptors. These were executed over the past two years. (Oohh that explains it)

A sign posted in Germany’s Black Forest: It is strictly forbidden on our black forest camping site that people of different sex, for instance, men and women, live together in one tent unless they are married with each other for that purpose. (Who marries to live in a tent? Look, if I'm going to marry a guy, he'd best be packin more than a bloody tent!)

In a Rome laundry: Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good time. (Umm... Who exactly is having the 'good time'?)

In an Austrian hotel catering to skiers: Not to perambulate the corriders during the hours of repose in the boots of ascension. (Translator says what?)

On the menu of a Polish hotel: Salad a firm’s own make; limpid red beet soup with cheesy dumplings in the form of a finger; roasted duck let loose; beef rashers beaten up in the country people’s fashion. (... Alright... That put a disturbing image in my head...)

In a Zurich hotel: Because of the impropriety of entertaining guests of the opposite sex in the bedroom, it is suggested that the lobby be used for this purpose. (I say... So it's wrong to 'entertain' guests in the 'bedroom' but fine to do it in the lobby?)

Advertisement for donkey rides in Thailand: Would you like to ride on your own ass? (ten to one says an american wrote that one *nod nod*)

In a Bangkok temple: It is forbidden to enter a woman even a foreigner if dressed as a man. (Holy transvestites Batman!)

"My breathing... My eyes... And my footwork! To your sight... and to your mind! Memorize these! This is Shinsanken's special... Sengazanken!" - Roshi
IP Logged

Re: Unusual signs and such...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 04:04:59 PM » by EaterBrain Shin Getter's Voice of Reason
Hah, great stuff!
For those who are unfamiliar with Engrish (though I doubt there are people like that on this board) -- you can educate yourself on this matter HERE
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 06:29:33 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Look, if I'm going to marry a guy, he'd best be packin more than a bloody tent!

This is the sentence that holds my interest.

That aside, some fairly amusin' stuffs. I agree about the Japanese sign, it isn't surprisin' in the least.

Also, I'd noticed yer abscence, though I hadn't thought much of it.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 07:01:34 PM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
Yeeeaaah... The tent thing didn't come out right did it? But still, a tent would get a worse itnernet connection than I do right now (And I have dial-up)

"My breathing... My eyes... And my footwork! To your sight... and to your mind! Memorize these! This is Shinsanken's special... Sengazanken!" - Roshi
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 10:47:37 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
that people of different sex, for instance, men and women, live together in one tent

I have to wonder why they saw fit to give an example here

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 09:40:04 AM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
Let us not dwell too deeply on the workings of the german mind *nod*

IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 10:20:11 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Let us not dwell too deeply on the workings of the german mind *nod*

Ye would know and for that matter, so would I...  Kinda.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 10:51:35 AM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
As I said, let us not dwell... My mind is messed up enough, and I'm only 25% german... Of course, the AS probably has something to do with my unusual train of thoughts... but whatever, I'm rambling... Though I'm surprised no-one brought up anything about the Bangkok temple sign, or the polish hotel... Carnival... Of horror... Thing...

IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 04:20:50 AM » by Poster X
Chuckles were had. Thanks for the post. I'm new around these parts, and it's likely quite late; but welcome back all the same.

Hm? Oh, no. I'm not (insert), I just happen to resemble them.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 12:01:03 PM » by Dsvaun
This is the first step on how to clean a bolt action rifle from a site on MSN.
1.Make sure the rifle is not loaded.

As simple as this is, the sad thing is that people probably need to be told this.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 05:17:58 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
How can you NOT check?

I understand on an automatic. Easy to have a round chambered after you remove the magazine. But on a bolt-action?

I think it's just the standard first step now.
Sorta like "unplug your computer before you open it."
It's not that it needs saying, but just in case.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 12:56:01 PM » by KraZe Real Horrorshow
This is the first step on how to clean a bolt action rifle from a site on MSN.
1.Make sure the rifle is not loaded.

As simple as this is, the sad thing is that people probably need to be told this.

As a gun-nut, that's typically just our safety paranoia. Similar to how you treat a gun as if it were loaded even if you know, for an absolute fact, that the magazine is out, chamber is open, etc.

Maybe when someone says something funny...
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 02:21:38 PM » by Lechise Inohara Tutonic Warrior
Chuckles were had. Thanks for the post. I'm new around these parts, and it's likely quite late; but welcome back all the same.

Eh, well, heres a late welcome then... And yeah, I'm back again from playing MS Saga, and more recently Metal Max (Good job AG team by the way!), and heres another batch- this time Church Bulletin Screw-ups

Don’t let worry kill you - let the church help. (Speaks for it's self...)

Thursday night - Potluck Supper. Prayer and medication to follow. (This must be how they're killing people o.o)

For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs. (... On the next Springer...)

The rosebud on the alter this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer. (Man... I don't know if thats a typo or not...)

This afternoon there will be a meeting in the South and North ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends. (Que?)

Wednesday the Ladies’ Liturgy Group will meet. Mrs Johnson will sing, "Put Me in My Little Bed" accompanied by the Pastor. (... No witty comment for this one...)

Thursday at 5:00 PM, there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All ladies wishing to be "Little Mothers" will meet with the Pastor in his study. (This is another one where one must wonder huh?)

This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar. (... Don't even want to know what religion that is...)

The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the church basement Saturday. (Yeah... These churches are beginning to make my mind look clean... Almost...)

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice. (Okay, this one doesn't need explaining...)

IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 03:06:48 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
That Pastor sure gets around.

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 07:07:18 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
That Pastor sure gets around.

Indeed. It figures some holy guy would be such a mack daddy.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

(Read 8088 times) [1] 2
Jump to: