miscellaneous news ~ it's been a dry year

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Miscellaneous News ~ It's been a dry year

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 746 Members, Latest Member: patriccrds01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 15679 times) [1] 2

Miscellaneous News ~ It's been a dry year
« on: October 11, 2010, 08:43:17 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Yes, I realize it´s been a pretty dry year. Looking back, Tactics Ogre is really the only thing I´ve released, which makes me sad. However, I´m expecting to release at least three more projects by year´s end - hopefully four, and maybe even more. One of these is Laplace´s Demon, which I´d wanted to get out for Halloween but I´ve been really busy and haven´t had time to finish its script edit. Another is Super Nazo Puyo 2, which has been placed on the backburner while I work on more important stuff but really only needs a week or two of hard work before it´s ready to be playtested. Of course there´s also Ancient Magic, whose betatest is progressing smoothly, and I´ve got at least one or two other things baking quickly in the oven.

I´ve also gone back to school. I´m happy with my degrees but they´re not making me any money, so I´m going to spend a few years and get a BS in computer science, which is probably what I should have done in the first place. The two classes I´ve been taking this semester and the 40-hour work week I´m doing over the weekend have put a vicegrip on my free time of late, but somehow I still find time for the hobby. I´m not going to promise a Christmas run-up like several years back, when I released a new translation every two weeks for two or three months straight, and now that I think of it I haven´t even *considered* a Christmas release. I have something I´d certainly like to launch on the big 12-25, but I don´t know if it´d be possible to get it ready in time... We´ll see. Whether or not I have a Christmas release for you all, the rest of the year promises to be fruitful, and again, I apologize for the recent drought.
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Miscellaneous News ~ It's been a dry year
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 11:20:12 AM » by Solar12
Sounds like you've got a lot of stuff going on as of now.
Don't overwork yourself, you've done more than enough for us already.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 03:59:22 PM » by GreenEnergy
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:03:03 PM by GreenEnergy »
Hey Gid! Wow, seems like you've been bloody busy lately. Hopefully there's some time left for some surprises in your shedule. Because - :D - surpirses we love! Anyway, thanks for the "update" & all the best for your future plans.

P.s.: And yes, you've already done so much, which I'm really thankfull for, so.... do not overwork youself ^_^
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 04:36:30 PM » by dMITIC
and here i tought one of the best translators there faded into the darkness, silly me, but really dont push yourself too much, find some time to relax

mmmm and i wonder what other games will get your touch this year :P
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 02:45:32 PM » by jolly_old_saint
blah blah blah christmas release blah recent drought.

In your pants!

...I've been watching the late late show entirely too often.

...Entirely too often is the name I used to dance under.

...do we have a picture of Paul McCartney?

There we go...

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 05:57:17 PM » by anfebious
Woa You had a really busy year but congratulations for your degrees. Still i have a question , What happend with Megami Tensei? XD Just asking because i haven´t looked into that project for a long time i would like to see how is it going.

Don´t stress you and keep up the good work =D
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 01:34:39 AM » by azidahaka
you did great things gid and promise more! how could someone complain?

still my heart cries for Romancing SaGa 2... T_T
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 03:31:21 AM » by CrocMagnum
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:33:33 AM by CrocMagnum »
Good luck for your studies, Gid!

Pretty dry year? Seriously you shouldn't apologize. Aeon Genesis has broaden our gaming experience beyond our expectations.

Laplace's Demon? It's been years I long to put my (dirty) hands on this one. Love the spooky atmosphere, and the character artworks just turn me on. Who did those arts anyway? See You.

Peace & Food!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 01:10:05 AM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:51:08 AM by Dsvaun »
Good luck with your degree. Just finished a program myself and waiting for the call for training. Unfortunately, its a government job so it might take a year for them to get to me (God I hope not).

Nobody doubts  that what you release will be awesome. The release of Tactics Ogre will probably hold us over until it's  re-release for the PSP (probably next year) so no worries.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 08:23:54 AM » by Djungelurban
I apologize for the recent drought.
Number of projects released by AG: 71
Number of projects released by me: 0

I'd say you have nothing to apologize for...
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 04:02:57 PM » by alaras
Don't feel bad about your degrees not doing crap for you.  My BA isn't doing anything for me either, and there's hundreds of thousands of grads in the same boat.  That's why I'm going for an MSW (most of the scholarship programs out there REQUIRE you to work for the agency that provides it for a minimum number of years after you get your degree, and Social Work jobs at agencies tend to come with decent benefits packages), you know, other than it being a major step towards my life's ambition and all.  Then again, I'm also in the middle of a book tour, and didn't rely on a degree to get me there.
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 04:04:57 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Book tour sounds like fun! I kind of wish *I* was going on a book tour :(

But really, I've been working in a group home for three years, and I'm *really* sick of the field as a whole. Also, there's something to be said when someone with a BS in compsci can make more straight out of school than someone with a master's in psych :/

IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 06:45:31 PM » by alaras
The master's in Psych IS useless, it's true.  Besides, I'm kind of anti-group-home based on quality-of-life problems they tend to cause, but that's not for this forum.  Then again, that's why I'm pursuing a Master's in SOCIAL WORK, not Psychology.  Oh, and don't be too jealous about the book tour, it's only regional, and independently coordinated (meaning we have to book all our venues ourselves, since the anthology wasn't done through one of those big-name publishers or anything like that).  In short, much less glamorous than it sounds.
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 10:58:35 AM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Good luck on your degrees, it's pretty sad that someone with a masters in psych or english makes far less than somebody else who has only two years of study.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 03:30:57 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Well, it's really four years - just because I'm hoping to finish in two years doesn't mean I'll only have two years of study. I've already got five years of study for my other degrees - I'm just carrying over the gen eds.

IP Logged

(Read 15679 times) [1] 2
Jump to: