going on a binge

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Going on a Binge

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 763 Members, Latest Member: lahmndras01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 7593 times) [1]

Going on a Binge
« on: October 24, 2010, 12:02:53 AM » by Dsvaun
Recently I had been on a Matsuno gaming binge.  It started with the news of the release of Tactics Ogre, then I started listening to Queen alot, then I started playing Ogre Batttle and Final Fantasy Tactics again, then I considered playing Vagrant Story again or even starting a new game on FFXII. Managed to draw myself away for the time being, but they call to me.

How about everyone else? Any trends of interest? What triggered it?
IP Logged

Re: Going on a Binge
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 06:53:30 AM » by Mannypooh
I had went on a binge way back when the secret of mana series was going to the DS, just to look back on whats changed. i just hate how the secret of mana series is sticking to the legend of mana graphics, where it's very color book style, with bright colors and everything.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 06:27:53 AM » by jolly_old_saint
Trends of...interest?

...No, nothing to speak of....as for the triggers, its perfectly natural that one is born every thousand years or through high-gravity training.....er, not that I'm talking about anything, really...>.>....

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:57:52 PM » by Atrushan
I've been on both a Castlevania binge brought on by AVGN's Castlevania review and a Dragon Quest binge brought on by my boyfriend recently playing Rocket Slime. I just played DQ9 for I don't even know how many hours straight @_@

Massu´╗┐ ain't ded!
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 02:20:38 PM » by Mannypooh
I've been on both a Castlevania binge brought on by AVGN's Castlevania review and a Dragon Quest binge brought on by my boyfriend recently playing Rocket Slime. I just played DQ9 for I don't even know how many hours straight @_@

What do you think of the metroid style of gameplay castlevania has employed since symphony of the night? Should it change back at least once to reflect the nes/snes gameplay it once had into a new game rather than a remake?
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 11:29:12 PM » by Atrushan
What do you think of the metroid style of gameplay castlevania has employed since symphony of the night? Should it change back at least once to reflect the nes/snes gameplay it once had into a new game rather than a remake?

Well I like the Metroidvania style better personally (woot SotN, Lament, Harmony and Aria), but the original style wasn't bad either. Rondo and Super Castlevania 4 in particular were pretty good. I wouldn't mind if the old style came back for a game to two, but I just really prefer the Metroidvania style.

Massu´╗┐ ain't ded!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 11:41:15 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wiiware) is really an entirely new game done in the old style, for what it's worth. Calling it a "remake" is a stretch, since the only things culled from the original are the eyeball monsters and the fireball whip thing.

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 04:19:20 PM » by Killmore Insta-death spell level 2.
I've binged on Fire Emblem before, especially when I found a site for the series and it's redheaded stepchild sibling Tear Ring Saga. It usually comes and goes with the announcement of a new game, so for now I'm safe.

Similar things could be said for the SRW series as well, though L hasn't tickled my fancy at all.

I've also binged for a bit on the original Phantasy Star series when I was catching up on it with the GBA ports and a copy of IV on the Genesis.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 08:00:52 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
I played, and fully completed, in sequence, Persona 3 (FES) and Persona 4 inside of 4 weeks.

There's probably something sad about that.

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 11:55:47 PM » by Dsvaun
Not as sad as finding out just as you've gotten half of all the Persona in 3 that there is a new version coming out that is better in every way.

But yeah, it is a little.
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 07:10:58 PM » by Killmore Insta-death spell level 2.
^This

It's for this very reason that I refuse to purchase any Persona games. I mean, now they're going backwards and are coming out with a new Persona 2 game called Persona 2 IS. Its just getting crazy at this point.

(Also, I don't want anyone correcting me on the fact that IS ISn't new but just a remake of the first half of P2.)
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 02:11:22 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I've watched the entirety of King of Braves Gaogaigar in three days.

Why? Because courage, guts, and the full line of Gaogaigar merchandise, available at a fine retailer near you, is the key to victory!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 09:41:02 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I've watched the entirety of King of Braves Gaogaigar in three days.

I can top that. I watched all of SRW OG Divine Wars in a single day once I found a site that actually had it, then went on to start watching the new Inspectors anime, since it had just come out that week.

Also, HAY GUYZ BEEN AWHILE

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 03:00:07 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
See, that's just masochism there.

I was thoroughly unimpressed with SRWOG TV's distinct lack of budget.
OG2 looks like they've actually hired an animator, though. :P

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 07:57:32 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
See, that's just masochism there.

I was thoroughly unimpressed with SRWOG TV's distinct lack of budget.
OG2 looks like they've actually hired an animator, though. :P

It was worth it for Andoh. Just because it was Andoh.

And yeah, Inspectors is pretty good so far, though there's enough fanservice tossed in on a routine basis to make even ME uncomfortable at times. And whoever designed the Angelg for this show just needs to be ashamed of themselves. Other than that, great fun to be had.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

(Read 7593 times) [1]
Jump to: