anyone else watching srwog: inspectors?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Anyone else watching SRWOG: Inspectors?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 770 Members, Latest Member: Drdarylmorgan34

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 24101 times) 1 2 [3] 4

Re: Anyone else watching SRWOG: Inspectors?
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 02:57:03 AM » by ChrisABlair
Whoa, I totally didn't notice that before. I just checked to verify, and sure enough, BAM slight difference in the intro. Good eye, Jay.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 03:59:27 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Eyes aren't TOO good. I didn't notice for a few episodes.
Just looked up at the right moment and there's red eyes instead of blue staring back at me, and the mech's gone all creepy and tentacle-y.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 08:26:36 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:29:11 AM by Derek »
I noticed it back when Lamia traded the bow and wings for a cape and sword, so I was expecting the Weiss to change. Red Eyes Excellen WAS a bit of a surprise though, with her evil sexy hair down and her evil sexy red eyes of evil and her evil sexy clearly not wearing a bra...

...What? It's EXCELLEN. She'd be offended if we DIDN'T look.

I can also safely say that this show has managed to do the one thing possible to make Wendolo an even bigger creep than he already was. Thanks, guys!

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2011, 03:30:45 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I thought with SRW, not wearing a bra was something you just EXPECTED and didn't need to CONFIRM. I mean, with the amount of jiggle in some of these games, they're clearly unsupported.
Again, there is something wrong with this franchise.

Also, I never noticed Lamia's page changed.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2011, 08:08:38 PM » by ChrisABlair
I did notice Lamia, and I was all HELL YEAH VAISAGA!! But I really had to look for Einst-Excell this time? Clearly, my SRW Fanboy in me is weeping.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 11:03:36 PM » by alaras
New opening song, surprisingly good (better than that crappy MAXON or whatever it's called)!
IP Logged

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 12:51:22 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:20:08 AM by JayBee »
You.... didn't like MAXON?

That sounds like COMMIE TALK to me!

But then, I totally forgot I had an episode to watch, so...

Edit: BOOST KNUCKLE SWOOOOOOOOOOOOORD!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2011, 10:36:24 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:43:18 AM by Derek »
It's okay to not like a JAM Project song in SRW. It's okay to say you didn't like it. Calling it crappy when surrounded by a bunch of JAM Project or SRW fans is really just plain rude, though.

The new OP has promise, but MAXON had a much more SRW feel to it. Then again, it was probably doomed from the start, since they waited until the Alt Riese before changing the opening to begin with.

Well, if nothing else, they're certainly keeping with OG2's theme of killing three or four bosses per level for the last few stages. I'm a little sad we didn't get a chance to kill Lee, but watching Vigagi eat a damn Black Hole Cluster was worth the tradeoff.

Also, goddammit yes. Even if it was only for twenty seconds, I've been waiting for Platinum Lucifer since frelling Divine Wars. I thought we weren't gonna get the normal version after they stealthed in the slow version a few episodes back, but I stand pleasantly surprised.

And speaking of about damn time, Cybuster. I was kind of irked when we got The Winds of La Gias when he first showed up, but hey, I wasn't too worried. Super Robot Wars, Cybuster, and, well, both of them at the same time. We were going to hear the music sooner or later.

And Shu. Good goddess, he looked far too damn happy while blowing Vigagi to hell.

tl;dr version: Don't be a jerk about the music, theme songs and boss killings ahoy, and Shu still scares me. This show's finally feeling like SRW again.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 02:21:02 PM » by alaras
Still was looking forward to seeing how they'd remix Ouka Gen'ei, and they didn't do it.  That, combined with a first opening song which, if you ask me, just didn't fit the animations, kind of disappointed.  Of course, the rest more than makes up for that slight letdown.
IP Logged

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 09:03:37 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
First off, Cyflash. About damn time.

Second, the last damn thing they could possibly do to make Wendolo even creepier and they did it. IT WAS AN EINST PLOT ALL ALONG

And ranking in at about the fourth or fifth time we've heard it now, I think Bloody Battle is officially the most played theme song in the entire show. The only other one that comes close is our usual Steel Beowulf. I find it interesting how they basically made it Mekiboz' theme exclusively.

Lemon...You know, I think they pulled it off pretty damn well. At least, it worked for me.

More Hero Senki than I think I ever even bothered to ask for, and I've actually read up on Gilliam in the past. For anyone familiar with it, it was probably an awesome throwback.

And now, time for the last battle against the ultimate Einst having merged with the White Star itself. Piece of cake.

IP Logged

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2011, 06:54:06 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
And Ryusei formed blazing sword and gave us the SRX money shot. And here I was worried they were gonna go HTB again and deprive us of the sword totally.

Also, I just placed where I'd seen Einst White Star before. It's TOTALLY the Zeta-Master from Gaogaigar. Only smaller and more tentacle-y.

I'm also amused that they apparently preserved the "one Gilliam to rule them all" story laid down for the OG GBA games.
This is the WRONG OG, so Gilliam has to move on.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2011, 09:24:46 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I like the idea of only one Gilliam Yeager. I like the idea of only one of any given SRW character period, since, as we've seen, cross-dimensional doubles tend to be, y'know.

*Glances over at Kyosuke and Masaki*

...Yeah.

*Lemon doesn't count. She was in SRW before OG decided to tie her in.

IP Logged

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 05:40:03 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
So, it's over. All in all, I'm satisfied. WAY the hell better than the last series was.
Not that that says much, but... it was actually a decent anime, and it's largest flaws are the fault of the source material, not the animation.

The good:
A solid twenty minutes of robots blasting other robots into large collections of robot pieces.
THIS is what SRW is all about, and what OG1 TV was missing.

Kyosuke's pledge of love to Excellen at the very end.
THAT'S real love. And so very Kyosuke.

The bad:
Double-docking on the Gunner module is just excessive, guys.
I'm all for more Huckebein, and not even remotely ashamed to admit it, but... there ARE limits.

Blanstein.
I know SRW has a long proud tradition of not being able to pick a romanization, and the quality of the romanizatoin chosen being inversely proportional to the visibility of said romanization,  but... Blanstein? Seriously? I cannot abide this. Thou shalt use an R in that name, lest it read like a comic book sound effect.

The disappointment:
This isn't the GBA/PS2 OGs Yeager, and the anime diverges way too far to be another view of the same universe.
There's definitely more than one Yeager in the multiverse, which kinda blows the whole concept behind OG Yeager being all Yeagers forever and ever.
I was wondering how that would work long-term. Ignoring it totally was EXPECTED, but not DESIRED.

Compatible Kaiser.
We all saw it. We all expected it to raise the violence to even HIGHER levels of glory. It did not. In fact, it did nothing but fill thirty seconds at the beginning of the episode. We. Got. GYPED.

The public service announcement:
While it has nothing whatsoever to do with SRW(yet...), the best mech action in the last decade happened in the last five minutes of Star Driver's final episode. The Cirque de Itano came to town in grand style, and it was glorious.
Not to mention at least twelve different kinds of homages to the history of mech anime.
APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 09:52:14 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Luna, I thought I was the only person who watched Star Driver. Yes, goddammit, YES.

Also, while we're talking about Compatible Kaiser, we got a quick shot of the guy who drives RaiOh in that scene, too.

All in all, I enjoyed Inspectors. It had its ups and downs, but overall, it was worth watching even if I wasn't a big SRW OG fan. My only two real gripes with the series as a whole involves the obligitory comparisons between the games and the anime, and the complete and utter spamming of fanservice throughout the first half, because as fun as panty shots and Excellen wearing only a towel are, I watch this show for the explosions and robots.

As far as the episode itself goes, I loved it. They pretty much took the opportunity to use almost every remaining move we hadn't seen yet to full combo-spamming effect. My only complaint in that department was no Rampage Ghost. I mean, seriously guys. We got every other super combination attack in the game used on the small fry, but you couldn't use the one we were waiting for to finish off the final boss? The hell.

Speaking of the final boss, dear goddess. This is what I meant the other week when I was yelling at Axel for not killing anyone right. I saw this coming from the moment we first saw the Nacht go all big and hulked out in the very first episode. There was just NO FREAKING WAY we could go through an SRW anime that talks about Beowulf ten or twelve times after he's already "dead" and not see him come back as the final boss. Admittedly, I was expecting the Einsteisen Nacht to look MUCH more creepy evil demonic than it did, but being twelve stories taller than the other machines worked out too.

I'm not really sure what else I can probably say at this point. It was a fun ride, I'm glad I watched it, and I'll probably seriously start missing it next week when I realize the new season of anime sucks. So in that regard, it certainly did the job.

IP Logged

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 06:11:17 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Ah, yes, rampage ghost. That's the other thing that was missing.
On the other hand.... Boost Knuckle Sword. I think that's a fair trade. :P

Like I said early on, it was more or less SRW minus most of the talkie bits.
The talkie bits it DID do, it took the time to do RIGHT.
Kyosuke staggering out of the infirmary to pay his respects to Captain Daitetsu is one of my favorite scenes in the show, and I hope Banpresto learns from this. Doing more than just raw text dumps in future SRW story segments would be awesome.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 24101 times) 1 2 [3] 4
Jump to: