progress news ~ announcing the great holiday release gambit

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ Announcing The Great Holiday Release Gambit

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 17140 times) [1] 2

Progress News ~ Announcing The Great Holiday Release Gambit
« on: December 18, 2010, 05:22:36 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
So, in two weeks´ time, it will be the new year. Time flies! And unfortunately, Aeon Genesis STILL only has one release this year. This simply will not do! As such, I´m announcing The Great Holiday Release Gambit. It´s like an advent calendar, except there are only three doors and they open much less frequently.

I have three things I want to release by the end of the year. The first is Ancient Magic. Its playtest ended within the last few days, and I´m just now fixing up the last of the issues. I´m hoping to have it out in the next five hours or so.

The second game has just entered betatesting, and I´m hoping to have it out in a week´s time, give or take. The third, in another week. This last one I can´t make any concrete promises on; I still have about half the script to edit and a bunch more hacking to do before it´s done, but it doesn´t look like it´s anywhere near as beastly as the last few games have been.

Tonight´s clue is not so much "Something old, something new" as it is "Something old, something really old, and something waaaay older than even that last one, no, seriously." All three games are substantially beefy, and I don´t think many people will be disappointed with the results should the Great Gambit succeed.

See you in a few hours, hopefully, after the last Ancient Magic fixes are implemented! (Note: Screenshots unrelated.)
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Progress News ~ Announcing The Great Holiday Release Gambit
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 06:12:35 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I can't freaking wait.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 07:06:57 PM » by Wizard
I will start thinking about my wizard´s name in Ancient Magic!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 07:41:06 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner

I recommend "Tim."

IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 08:26:58 PM » by Drake333

I recommend "Tim."

Do I detect a Holy Grail reference?
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 10:30:52 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi

I recommend "Tim."

Do I detect a Holy Grail reference?

I know what I'd name him if he were a Wizzard.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 01:07:56 AM » by Griffandir14 I Liek Palom
The second has to be Laplace's Demon. I have been looking forward to it's release all year.

Why does it always has to be Griffins? I hate Griffins!
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 01:18:26 AM » by ChrisABlair
The second has to be Laplace's Demon. I have been looking forward to it's release all year.
That would be incredible. But what if it's something completely out of left field? Say, Megami Tensei?

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 01:21:35 AM » by ChrisABlair
Or, maybe, (sorry to double post), It's Hourai High. I'd love that.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 01:22:43 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 01:48:33 AM » by ChrisABlair
I love you like a brother, Jay.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 03:03:40 AM » by Dr. Midnight
  "Something old, something really old, and something waaaay older than even that last one, no, seriously."

So Ancient Magic is the "something really old" release huh? Nice one!  Now lets take a crack at the rest of the riddle:

There are 35 ongoing projects right now, and according to their info pages, and also eliminating those that are 50% or less of progress, that leaves only 14 projects.

So the most likely "waaaay older" project is Megami Tensei (released in 1987 and with progress of 85%).

Now the "something old" is a bit trickier, although there are 3 that are >80%  (Laplace's Demon, Ys 5, and Super, Puzzle Puyo), so the most likely is Laplace's Demon with 95%.

So those two are the most possible candidates (of course it wouldn't be surprising if Gideon released something way from left field, even something not listed in his current projects).

And now for my "wishful thinking" release: SRW Alpha (very unlikely since it still being edited, and probably won't be done for a while, but still keeping my fingers crossed).

IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 04:40:47 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I love you like a brother, Jay.
Is there anyone that DOESN'T read Dresden?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 05:55:37 AM » by EaterBrain Shin Getter's Voice of Reason
Gideon, you magnificent bastard! You're not one to leave us without a Christmas \ New Year present! And I certainly did rejoice at seeing those screens, heh heh heh.

Although there will always be whiners and ingrates who take philanthropy for granted, AGTP's translation efforts and the efforts of the game's creators will always inspire someone to give something back to the community. As corny as it sounds, IT'S TRUE!

P.S. I'm cheating a bit on the Christmas celebrations:
While we're supposed to celebrate it on the 7th of January here, I'm going to also celebrate it along with the Catholics on the 24th. It's twice the fun!
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 11:30:35 AM » by Griffandir14 I Liek Palom
I do hope the something really really etc. old is Hourai High but Megami Tensei would be great as well.
p.s. In my opinion, It was not Kincaid who "ended" Changes so dramatically like half of the fans believe.

Why does it always has to be Griffins? I hate Griffins!
IP Logged

(Read 17140 times) [1] 2
Jump to: