progress news ~ as usual, i overestimate myself

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ As usual, I overestimate myself

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 11295 times) [1]

Progress News ~ As usual, I overestimate myself
« on: December 27, 2010, 04:49:26 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
So it´s probably pretty obvious by now that we´ve run into some difficulties with the holiday release gambit thing. The playtest for the game I´d hoped to release last weekend hasn´t finished yet - it´s been slow going, and has been plagued by a *lot* of issues, crashes, and the like. The third game I haven´t even managed to start playtesting yet, and I´ve just uncovered a not insubstantial amount of text that still needs to be translated. The main story mode is done, but the rest of it... well. Might as well come out and say it - this third title was supposed to be Super Puzzle Puyo, Too. Along with the standard adventure mode (which I think we´re calling "Rulue´s Mad Grab for Power") it comes packed with the standard Endless Mode, a puzzle editor, a chain tutorial, and a message from Act Against Aids, none of which have even really been touched. Oops.

So, sorry. We tried! But I´m still hoping to release the second game ("something old") on or about the new year. At least two of my betatesters are at least halfway through, and the current build seems dramatically more stable than the last... er, six. Still hoping for a surprise on that one, so no reveal yet.

I´ll post some pictures of Puyo at some point, maybe, if I can find anything worth showing off that hasn´t already been posted. Most of the recent progress has been end-of-game dialog edits though, so I don´t know if extra screens will be possible.

I´m going to try to relax for the next few days. I´m supposed to be on vacation, and it´s been a busy week already. I need at least a few days to just veg and not have to think about anything!

IP Logged

Re: Progress News ~ As usual, I overestimate myself
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 08:14:57 PM » by Mannypooh
<veggies with Gid while playing the new SRW J patched game> :D
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 08:36:10 PM » by ChrisABlair
It's all cool, Gid. Take it easy, we'll wait.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 12:53:35 AM » by Dersu
Try to look on the bright side.  Fewer releases now means more releases in '11.  At least I think it does.  Well, whatever.  You're giving these out for free, so you have nothing to apologize for.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 09:19:38 AM » by Cruzifixio
As far as your work goes, veg the whole next year if you want,  I still have to beat like 45 games of all the ones you have already translated.

So yeah, dont sweat it, you're awesome, we will be awesome and wait patiently.

:)

Tho, I been wanting to ask: you have been working with those guys translating Soulhackers?

"After all I'm the leading man, I might need to do something heroic"
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 08:54:16 PM » by zedo0
Take a break. It's the holiday season and you've done so much as it is. People can wait til next year. There are plenty translated games to play in the meantime. Happy New Year. Have a good one.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 08:06:22 AM » by Widget
Been lurking around here for many years and I feel the same as everyone else here seems to. It would've been nice to see the releases but you certainly don't owe us an apology and you really deserve to put your feet up.

I already owe you a huge thankyou for the Ancient Magic translation, to say nothing of the dozens of others I've played that you've released over the years.

Best wishes and I hope you have a great New Year.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 01:27:28 AM » by Krono ...
It's been a VERY long while since I logged in... as a matter of fact, I opened up a now long dead "Say Hi"-type thread back when these forums where initially opened, and I never actually stayed after I was... ehem... somehow reprehended (years later, I realized it was all a misunderstanding, but whatever... no harm done, heh). ANYWAYS...

I've been a fan of your work for as long as I remember playing on emulators. I've played at least more than half the games you translated, and finished most of them quite promptly. The games I enjoyed the most happened to be the ones I felt you enjoyed translating the most.

My favorite would have to be Live-A-Live, which believe it or not, has been one of the very few games I've ever actually felt strong feelings for... I remember lying down on my bed after watching the ending for the Medieval chapter, and just staring at the ceiling thinking... thinking...

... The quality of your script had THAT kind of effect on me. And I never actually took the chance of thanking you for all those great hours of quality entertainment you've provided for me for FREE (speaking for myself... there might be some other people out there that might not agree with me).

It's OK if you can't release anything else this year. I don't really mind. As a matter of fact, I'd like to emphatically demand you took the rest of the holidays off to rest. All work and no play... ... ... yeah.

Once again, I can't thank you enough for all your hard work. I wish you fair health, long life and a happy new year.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 04:41:45 AM » by Killmore Insta-death spell level 2.
On the bright side releasing Ancient Magic alone is more than some groups have ever achieved. Besides, I've got plenty on my backlog to last me for a long while and I'm a bigger fan of quality work rather than a rush job anyways.

At this point I'd just kick back a glass of holiday cheer and call it a happy new year.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 10:27:04 PM » by Ninjamohawk
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:28:41 PM by Ninjamohawk »
Long time fan, new user. I registered to tell you that I'm glad you're taking some time to relax.

Your work over the years has been absolutely PHENOMENAL and without you I wouldn't have experienced a plethora of games that I now hold very dear to me.

Thanks for all your hard work. Chill. You more than deserve it.

EDIT: The thanks goes out to the whole team btw. Forgot to add that.
IP Logged

(Read 11295 times) [1]
Jump to: