progress news ~ something old - hourai high, coming soon!

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ Something Old - Hourai High, Coming Soon!

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11027 Posts, 542 Topics, 770 Members, Latest Member: Drdarylmorgan34

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 16185 times) [1] 2

Progress News ~ Something Old - Hourai High, Coming Soon!
« on: February 02, 2011, 06:29:33 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Yeah, so I wanted this out on Christmas. It was supposed to be the big surprise, the awesome gift nobody was expecting. Grumble grumble. Turns out that even though the beta had started about a week before the big day, there were a *ton* of issues with the hacking that made the game explode in all sorts of creative ways. This is largely due to the way the game was put together in the first place (sloppily.)

But I think we´re finally nearing the end! One of the testers finished up not too long ago, and I think we´ve finally resolved the last of the crashes and cosmetic bugs. I think. No guarantees, but I´m expecting to be able to release this fairly soon.

To showcase some of the rather extensive hacking that´s gone into this, I´ve put together a little before-and-after exposé on the project. It will be forever immortalized in the game´s Extras section, so please peruse it!
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Progress News ~ Something Old - Hourai High, Coming Soon!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 06:37:07 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I am completely grateful for the amount of work you guys have been putting in on this game. Thanks to every single one of you.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:43:25 PM » by Drake333
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:47:17 PM by Drake333 »
Sweet! This is one of the projects I have been particularly interested in. (Not as much as Mystic Ark, but I already have access to that one thanks to many dedicated people, and two versions even!) I enjoy that Japanese classroom humor setting, plus the uniforms are kinda cool.

Thanks for the extra by the way. It is nice to see a direct comparison with commentary. (Although I suppose I could have just loaded up the translated version and the original version to compare myself, but this is more straightforward.) Without taking a hard look at the changes and considering all the reworking which has to be done, it can appear much easier than it was.

Anyways, here's hoping the rest goes very smoothly.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 07:57:52 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Here's a youtube video of the game in action.

IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 09:27:27 PM » by ChrisABlair
Gid, I... uh, I love you.

Sweetdiculous!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 01:14:56 AM » by azidahaka

Sweet and i loved the extra section and the incredible work made with the menus!

IIt wasn't the one i was wishing for, but it is a really unique and weird game i'll certainly look into :)

complimets again!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 04:12:32 AM » by Ang3l
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:54:56 AM by Ang3l »
I registered just to say I want your babies... This is my second most anticipated title your working on ^_^
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 09:34:14 AM » by GreenEnergy
Hey cool, never heard of this game, but after watching the vid I really feel like playing it!

That's what's so awesome about your and your teams hard work: It's so awesome to be able to play those games in the year 2011. It's like a miracle! We're able to experience games (really good games), we've sometimes never heard of on our favorite consoles!

Your dedication is insprational :) 

IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 06:25:30 PM » by Drake333

Catchy battle music and, what looks to be, a kind-of master system with the extra-curricular activities. Nice.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 09:04:52 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Shouldn't be surprised that the music is good. Hitoshi Sakimoto did the composition ;)

IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 10:31:12 PM » by Griffandir14 I Liek Palom
His score for Dragon Quest VI was legendary. I thought the something old was Leplace, but this is even better

Why does it always has to be Griffins? I hate Griffins!
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 03:05:34 AM » by Chibi Kami
Hey, I was supposed to be on the alpha test!
Oh well, college would have gotten in the way anyway. FINAL RELEASE, HO!!!!

The power of love is the most chaotic and destructive force in the known universe.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 01:14:48 PM » by Kendaichi
I've never heard of this game before, but I'm definitely interested in playing it as soon as I can.

Thank you for all your effort with this!
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 04:37:59 PM » by bajra79
i've been a long time lurker around here. had to register just to give you praise for this. i've been patiently waiting for this title for ages. it's my holy grail.

i'm glad the crowd around here's alot more patient and appreciative of the work.  some of the other translation scenes have a lot more rude and demanding people
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 07:08:19 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
i've been a long time lurker around here. had to register just to give you praise for this. i've been patiently waiting for this title for ages. it's my holy grail.

It's coming soon, I promise! It's just been really busy lately with the awful combination of work and school.

IP Logged

(Read 16185 times) [1] 2
Jump to: