mac tools?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Mac tools?

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 2835 times) [1]

Mac tools?
« on: March 22, 2011, 07:59:29 PM » by StarFoxA
I was reading Gideon's "Romhacker Bible," and all of the tools detailed there are Windows only. Are there some good Mac ROM hacking tools available?
IP Logged

Re: Mac tools?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 06:42:20 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Not really - at least, not that I know of. There might be some that you can use via WINE or through OSX's commandline interface, but I haven't used a Mac since System 8 and can't really help you there.

IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 01:16:35 PM » by Datschge Sakuraba Fan
Since OSX is BSD underneath you can compile/run any UNIX/Linux shell application for use on the command line. But better find someone using OSX for such first.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 02:48:40 AM » by satsu Back against the thin wall
I use a Mac these days and I would honestly say that for ROM hacking, you're going to want to boot into Windows in most cases.

(Though the last ROM hacking tool I used was Tile Molester, which being Java, can run in Mac OSX just fine.)
IP Logged

(Read 2835 times) [1]
Jump to: