major release news ~ hourai high celebrates 15 years - now in english

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Hourai High Celebrates 15 Years - Now in English

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10943 Posts, 519 Topics, 738 Members, Latest Member: emilyferrs01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 44508 times) [1] 2 3 4

Major Release News ~ Hourai High Celebrates 15 Years - Now in English
« on: April 19, 2011, 05:55:48 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Fifteen years ago today, Hourai Gakuen no Bouken was unleashed upon an unsuspecting Japanese public. It does not seem to have made much of a splash, which is unfortunate because it´s quite a neat little game! But today we honor its 15th birthday with a complete English translation of the title. I hope you enjoy playing it! (I´m certainly going to enjoy washing my hands of it!)
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Hourai High Celebrates 15 Years - Now in English
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 09:04:17 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Gid is God...

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:13:15 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
AND THE CROWD GOES WILD

HELL YES. Thank you, almighty Lord God Gideon. I've been looking forward to this one ever since I first found AGTP some over half a decade ago looking for the Live-A-Live patch. You are the man.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 11:42:33 PM » by ze_
The screen goes black during after the girl's dorm scenario. In the "news" scene that happens after you turn off the computer, the message box glitches up and after a few messages, the screen goes black and the game freezes.
I've tested it on zsnes 1.51 and snes9w 1.52
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 12:11:20 AM » by Aquillion
Typo / missing letter in intro:

"Well, never ind"
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 12:31:49 AM » by phoenixclaws
Yeah, I've noticed that typo plus a few other oddities here and there. Once I get the chance I'll get the screenshots off of my DS flashcard and post them on here.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 12:34:49 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
The screen goes black during after the girl's dorm scenario. In the "news" scene that happens after you turn off the computer, the message box glitches up and after a few messages, the screen goes black and the game freezes.
I've tested it on zsnes 1.51 and snes9w 1.52

Can I get screenshots just before the freeze? Also, what text speed are you running at? It matters if it's the fastest one.

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 01:08:19 AM » by Goveynetcom
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:28:51 AM by Goveynetcom »
SCRATCH ALL OF THAT!
Damn Linux incompatibilities  =P I was using J-IPS on Linux as I have for other patches, but it apparently screwed this one up. Used ipsXP on windows this time.
Works on Windows and Linux for me now.

Although now, time to mercilessly track bugs and spelling/grammar errors XD

Although, still thank you sir =D for providing all your hard work, you too satsu there would be no translation without you.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 01:10:37 AM » by PaiSukiDesu
Yay! Glad this is out, this game looks really cool.  One problem,
when making my character's name, trying to choose a lower case i gets me a u instead.  Not sure what's up with that.  Either way, thanks so much for the work you did!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 02:47:21 AM » by Aquillion
The description of the item "Question List" says that it "Boots ACA" -- I think that this should be "Boosts ACA"?
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 03:05:10 AM » by Goveynetcom
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:07:28 AM by Goveynetcom »
Anyway, played through the game a bit, and I have already noticed some spelling errors, although I assumed there would be a few.
other then the ind -> mind one;
1) um not sure if this is a typo, or just my nitpicking, when the teacher says dow - - a- anyway, is she supposed to interrupt her own last word? minor but I thought I would mention it..

2) The principal/teacher says she "graduated from uni in April, have no clue what "uni" is...

3) the newspaper/magazine team says "and defender of love, justice, etc." the wording was weird, I was wondering if it was supposed to be defenders.
I only played a tiny bit, it's late, past midnight actually >.>, here so I wanted to leave that small list I made while platying.

Also, XD I actually took these notes down on paper while playing.

Good job so far though, after that first initial bad patching, everything has worked and everything seems to be fine other then a typo here and there.
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 03:24:46 AM » by Kirbysuperstar
2) The principal/teacher says she "graduated from uni in April, have no clue what "uni" is...

Uni is short for University.

Unfortunately, I get a crash right after defeating the androids in the Girl's Dorm.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4979400/hourai/hourai_00000.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4979400/hourai/hourai_00001.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4979400/hourai/hourai_00002.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4979400/hourai/hourai_00003.jpg

After that last screenshot, it quickly shows one more dialogue box, then dumps to a black screen, with no music and does nothing.
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 05:14:32 AM » by Aquillion
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:38:52 AM by Aquillion »
The translations for several of the sports club final abilities seem wrong -- they all say things along the lines of "get two attacks with edged weapons" or "10% defense with thrown weapons" or the like, but that's not what they do.

What they actually do is (for instance) grant you two attacks with all weapons, and also allow you to always equip all weapons of the the listed type if you couldn't already, as a secondary effect.

For instance, I had Daichi master the Baseball and Kendo clubs, and he can now equip Tarot Cards, a thrown weapon (due to mastering the Baseball club) and attack twice with it with every attack (due to the Kendo club.)
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 06:59:08 AM » by ebony841
Hi Gid, thanks for the translation. Just to enquire whether you had went to DD to check up about the debugging of the game. It seemed that the crash is even found in the original Japanese game. Maybe the members in DD have the walkabout for the dorm crash bug.
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 08:13:14 AM » by Kirbysuperstar
Ahah! You can work around the Dorm Crash by setting text speed to slowest. The lines still bug out pretty hard, but the game does continue.
IP Logged

(Read 44508 times) [1] 2 3 4
Jump to: