major release news ~ hourai high celebrates 15 years - now in english

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Hourai High Celebrates 15 Years - Now in English

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 743 Members, Latest Member: brbrafns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 47886 times) 1 [2] 3 4

Re: Major Release News ~ Hourai High Celebrates 15 Years - Now in English
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 07:12:49 AM » by Kendaichi
Wow, this is a great suprise!

Thank you so much for this!
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 08:32:10 AM » by Goveynetcom
2) The principal/teacher says she "graduated from uni in April, have no clue what "uni" is...

Uni is short for University.

I was starting to think that's what it was.
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 08:56:08 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
2) The principal/teacher says she "graduated from uni in April, have no clue what "uni" is...

Uni is short for University.

I was starting to think that's what it was.

Yeah, they use a lot of British-style words and phrases in this game, but most of it's easy to figure out in context. If you haven't realized what "skiving" means by about the second or third time you see it, you're probably just not paying enough attention.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 10:29:08 AM » by threetimes
Oooh, this sounds great. I might stop skiving and play it.
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 10:40:36 AM » by satsu Back against the thin wall
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:49:16 AM by satsu »
The translations for several of the sports club final abilities seem wrong -- they all say things along the lines of "get two attacks with edged weapons" or "10% defense with thrown weapons" or the like, but that's not what they do.

What they actually do is (for instance) grant you two attacks with all weapons, and also allow you to always equip all weapons of the the listed type if you couldn't already, as a secondary effect.

For instance, I had Daichi master the Baseball and Kendo clubs, and he can now equip Tarot Cards, a thrown weapon (due to mastering the Baseball club) and attack twice with it with every attack (due to the Kendo club.)

Thank you for the detailed report. I have a feeling that this is a mistake present in the original Japanese - could you please post a couple of specific examples I can search for in the files so that I can check this?

Anyway, played through the game a bit, and I have already noticed some spelling errors, although I assumed there would be a few.
other then the ind -> mind one;
1) um not sure if this is a typo, or just my nitpicking, when the teacher says dow - - a- anyway, is she supposed to interrupt her own last word? minor but I thought I would mention it..

3) the newspaper/magazine team says "and defender of love, justice, etc." the wording was weird, I was wondering if it was supposed to be defenders.
I only played a tiny bit, it's late, past midnight actually >.>, here so I wanted to leave that small list I made while platying.

Also, XD I actually took these notes down on paper while playing.

Good job so far though, after that first initial bad patching, everything has worked and everything seems to be fine other then a typo here and there.

Thanks for being so dedicated as to note these things down. :)
Let me answer your questions:
1. Yep, it's a self-interrupt.
2. University.
3. "defender" agrees with "Hourai Sports", which is singular.

---

As a side note, though the translation leans towards British English (it's not an affectation, it's the language I speak), I did take care to avoid things that would be completely alienating for speakers of other Englishes, eg avoiding "Spag Bol" as a convenient way of getting "Spaghetti Bolognese" to fit in the item name character limit. Hopefully, as someone pointed out above, anything that seems strange will become clear eventually.
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 01:49:37 PM » by Rad
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:51:52 PM by Rad »
First of all, thank you very much for this translation. This game is hilarious. Unfortunately, I ran into a serious problem:

-Somewhat Spoilers!-

Game crashes (or freezes, whatever you call it) at the end of the Chapter 7, in which you finally escape from the island. You return to the school, newspaper clippings show (the one which you see a guy swimming away from a shark) and after a few sentences, game screen goes black.

And I was having so much fun with this crazy RPG. Please help!

Gideon, I can send  the save state if you like. Thanks in advance for any help.
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 02:40:51 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Savestate would help.

Also, you can probably get past it by turning the text speed down from something that isn't instant.

IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 02:53:39 PM » by Rad
Yeah, lowering the message speed worked. Thanks Ghi. Sorry to bother you with this miniscule problem.
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 04:28:25 PM » by Aquillion
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 04:33:30 PM by Aquillion »
Thank you for the detailed report. I have a feeling that this is a mistake present in the original Japanese - could you please post a couple of specific examples I can search for in the files so that I can check this?
The most obvious one is the final skill of the Kendo club, "License to Kill", which reads "Double attacks with slash weapons."  When I had Issac (who normally can only equip blunt weapons) learn that skill, he gained the ability to equip slashing-type weapons, and he could attack twice with any weapon.

The other ones that I assume work the same way are:

Mastery, the final skill of the Martial Arts club, which says  10% STR for Bash weapons

Eagle Eye, for the Archery club, which says 100% ACC for Bash weapons (also, I believe that should be shoot weapons -- at least, I'm fairly sure Daichi was unable to equip guns until he mastered that.)

Batter Up, for the baseball club, which says 10% DEF for Throw-type weapons.

(I say 'I assume' they work the same way because I can't figure out how to confirm that they're granting their bonus regardless of what you have equipped, since those are less obvious bonuses than attacking twice.  They do all seem to let you equip the listed weapon type if you couldn't before, though.)

Also, I think I found another bug.  When I have Matsurin use the Blue Talisman skill gained by the Ritual class in combat, the game fades to black and hangs -- setting the message speed to slow doesn't work around it, but lets me see that it fades and hangs just as it finishes printing his name as he starts to use the skill.
IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 05:05:35 PM » by Aquillion
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:07:38 PM by Aquillion »
Also, trying to phone D-51 (the robot found in the ruins in chapter 7) at the start of Chapter 8 while he's in your party causes the text to overflow, resulting in the following:

Save:  Here.
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 05:20:26 PM » by Aquillion
Also, here's a ZSNES savestate immediately before the end of chapter 7 (where the hanging glitch that someone else mentioned above occurs.)

Savestate
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 06:08:14 PM » by Mace
Got a couple of issues. Thankfully changing the text speed from 3 to 2 helped with one of the gamebreakers I encountered (The ending of the Girl's Dormitory exploration, after the newsprint it would simply go to a black screen).

While inspecting the Girl's Dormitory, after rescuing Isaac, if you leave via the the drop off points you will be unable to return through the secret passage and finish the area. If you attempt to enter through the front, you will be turned away once, then your party members will clump together and the game will freeze.

Still playing through so I'll bring up any other serious issues I find, everything's looking great so far.
IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 07:00:07 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
While inspecting the Girl's Dormitory, after rescuing Isaac, if you leave via the the drop off points you will be unable to return through the secret passage and finish the area. If you attempt to enter through the front, you will be turned away once, then your party members will clump together and the game will freeze.

I THINK this is an issue with the original game. I could be wrong.

Honestly, I'm just glad no one's reported any female character-exclusive issues. I was the only one doin' beta for a female player that I know of.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 07:11:17 PM » by AuraBattler
In my short time, all I got was when you input the lower case i, you get a u instead.

Adios...
IP Logged

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 12:07:35 AM » by satsu Back against the thin wall

This is a known bug from the Japanese version. It's a bit of a show-stopper - so much for 90s quality control. :(
IP Logged

(Read 47886 times) 1 [2] 3 4
Jump to: