major release news ~ hourai high celebrates 15 years - now in english

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Hourai High Celebrates 15 Years - Now in English

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 51311 times) 1 2 [3] 4

Re: Major Release News ~ Hourai High Celebrates 15 Years - Now in English
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2011, 03:55:30 PM » by Aquillion
When you talk to Julia on the phone in chapter 7, she says:

Guess what? The school trip
for our year's was a journey

"year's" should simply be "year" -- you talk about a class as a 'year' like that.  In American English, anyhow, I guess.
IP Logged

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 04:40:11 AM » by satsu Back against the thin wall
Thank you for the detailed report. I have a feeling that this is a mistake present in the original Japanese - could you please post a couple of specific examples I can search for in the files so that I can check this?
The most obvious one is the final skill of the Kendo club, "License to Kill", which reads "Double attacks with slash weapons."  When I had Issac (who normally can only equip blunt weapons) learn that skill, he gained the ability to equip slashing-type weapons, and he could attack twice with any weapon.

The other ones that I assume work the same way are:

Mastery, the final skill of the Martial Arts club, which says  10% STR for Bash weapons

Eagle Eye, for the Archery club, which says 100% ACC for Bash weapons (also, I believe that should be shoot weapons -- at least, I'm fairly sure Daichi was unable to equip guns until he mastered that.)

Batter Up, for the baseball club, which says 10% DEF for Throw-type weapons.

(I say 'I assume' they work the same way because I can't figure out how to confirm that they're granting their bonus regardless of what you have equipped, since those are less obvious bonuses than attacking twice.  They do all seem to let you equip the listed weapon type if you couldn't before, though.)

Just checked the Japanese - looks like the original text was the same, so this is an error present in the original. As for "Bash" instead of shooting weapons, that might be an error of my own - the first character of the word was corrupted in the dump, so it could have either been うつ (shot) or ぶつ (bash). Looks like I guessed the wrong one.
IP Logged

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 08:34:25 AM » by Noxy
I sped through the game (god bless the fast-forward function on emulators) and I gotta say, I love the translation. Nothing bugs me more than an overly literal translation, so it's nice to see the effort to have all the jokes and wordplay properly conveyed to an english audience. Awesome job, Satsu!

One thing, though, in the epilogue Subterra is referred to as Corza Nostra. I guess it's a hold-over from before you decided to go with Subterra as a name instead. Still, pretty confusing for anyone who didn't read the translator's notes.

Also I am aware this isn't really the right place to ask, but can you get the ghost character when choosing the boy as main character? I checked an old GameFAQs walkthrough (amazing the game has one, really), but that one wasn't sure if the ghost is girl-exclusive.
IP Logged

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 07:19:09 PM » by Aquillion
Another minor bug with phoning people:

If you phone Chihaya in Chapter 8 while she's not on your party (this is something probably few people do, since she's optional, you only get to recruit her very late in the chapter, and if you do get her you'd probably put her on your party and then not wander around to find a phone), her message scrolls past the first page of text without waiting.  There's what looks like a broken control code there, too:

You know...  I just remembered
seeing the Principal talking to
shin down at Sketchy Soup once.<sect
Maybe his test results were
IP Logged

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 07:56:05 PM » by Aquillion
In the name-entry screen, when I try to input a lower-case 'i', it inputs a 'u' instead.
IP Logged

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 12:44:52 AM » by Aquillion
Also, there seems to be an error with the Tennis + Cheerleading combo skill.  Whenever I try to put someone into both clubs at once, the game goes black and hangs the moment the combination skill name display would usually appear.

Save of the issue here -- just confirm the club you want to replace with Cheerleading (as long as it isn't Tennis) to see the error occur.
IP Logged

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 10:04:59 AM » by Aquillion
I think the message you get when a sleeping enemy tries to take an action is corrupted.  Here's a save of an enemy getting put to sleep and then producing a corrupted message when their turn comes around:

Thus.
IP Logged

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 10:21:00 AM » by Aquillion
I don't know if this matters, but the name for Mutsumi's Notebook overflows the right side of the equipment screen by two characters, with the second 'o' printing over the edge of the menu, and the 'k' wrapping around.
IP Logged

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 02:08:25 PM » by GreenBanana
The screen goes black during after the girl's dorm scenario. In the "news" scene that happens after you turn off the computer, the message box glitches up and after a few messages, the screen goes black and the game freezes.
I've tested it on zsnes 1.51 and snes9w 1.52

Can I get screenshots just before the freeze? Also, what text speed are you running at? It matters if it's the fastest one.

Here's a screenshot just before the freeze, and save state as well.  Please take care, as this glitch has actually deleted my save slot in the process!  Thankfully I was using save states extensively.  Text speed was on the fastest. 

Save State

By the way, good game choice.  Very quirky title that feels underrated, and love the quaintness of the European take on the translation text for a game whose patch is available via the internet.  
IP Logged

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 05:47:14 PM » by rdespair
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:56:18 PM by rdespair »
Got a crash to black when I tried to use Hinako's friendship skill in a battle with bats in the chapter 3 sewer. Using BSNES. Text speed was 2.

EDIT: Just did some testing . Doesn't crash if there's just 1 bat although there's some garbled text. Crashes on the 2nd bat. Haven't tried the ability on other enemies yet.
IP Logged

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 11:44:08 AM » by just1guy
There's another crash in the newspaper scene after you escaped from the island. Running text speed at full speed seems to do that.
IP Logged

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 12:31:10 PM » by Zoinkity
http://www.mediafire.com/?uwkck2b3oj08538

That's a ZSNES savestate just before the android battle.

There's also another glitch attached to that.  As soon as you get Isiac to join the party, you won't be able to reenter the girl's dorm from the underground pass, and the game will lock if you try to walk through the front door more than once.  Hence the reason for a savestate before the battle...
IP Logged

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2011, 09:28:47 AM » by Zev
Quote from: Kirbysuperstar

Unfortunately, I get a crash right after defeating the androids in the Girl's Dorm.

I get that crash as well, the only way to get past it is lower your text speed from Fast. Well, that was the only way I got past it. As for the text rolling over the sides, I still got that irregardless.
IP Logged

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 08:45:07 AM » by just1guy
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:51:28 AM by just1guy »
Found another crash. Tried to change Akiko's second skill slot from archery to tennis and it crashed to a black screen. Looks like it's only this combination. Changing it to other skills work fine.
IP Logged

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 01:07:53 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Found another crash. Tried to change Akiko's second skill slot from archery to tennis and it crashed to a black screen. Looks like it's only this combination. Changing it to other skills work fine.

Did you have Cheerleading in another slot?

IP Logged

(Read 51311 times) 1 2 [3] 4
Jump to: