due to spambots, i've just banned russia.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Due to spambots, I've just banned Russia.

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 763 Members, Latest Member: lahmndras01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3330 times) [1]

Due to spambots, I've just banned Russia.
« on: April 26, 2011, 01:13:21 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I apologize to any legitimate Russian patrons, but I've been banning Russian spambots 2-3 times per week, despite the captcha. So, sorry :(

IP Logged

Re: Due to spambots, I've just banned Russia.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 12:31:08 AM » by Solar12
I don't think it worked Gid.. :\
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 03:00:03 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Added *@mail.ru to the bans. Seen several spammers using that, and I figure as long as we're banning Russia...
(Actually considered firing that one off for a while, but couldn't speak enough russian to prove if it was actually a legitimate russian mail site)

Pity we can't blast google mail and hotmail and yahoo mail and all those other free e-mail services in this day and age. It used to be so effective.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 12:10:43 AM » by KingMike
Probably because of the shady nature of this hobby, I'd guess not as many people want to use non-free, personally identifiable email services to register.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:19 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Naw, it's just how people use the internet these days.
An ISP-supplied e-mail box isn't the normal standard way of doing things anymore.
Webmail is as hellishly abusable by spammers, trolls, and other wretched scum as it was at the turn of the century, but ... everyone uses it for their LEGIT e-mail accounts too.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 3330 times) [1]
Jump to: