hourai gakuen no bouken! problems

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Asgard - Technical Help / Topic: Hourai Gakuen no Bouken! problems

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11025 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3047 times) [1]

Hourai Gakuen no Bouken! problems
« on: May 03, 2011, 03:45:22 PM » by Shakan
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:05:45 PM by Shakan »
After I completing the quest in the girls dorm (Fighting the androids and shuting down the securtiy computer) I get scrambled text in the newspaper:

After the newspaper article the screen goes black and the game doesn't continue.

I've tried the srm savegame with the latest versions of zsnes and Snes9X and different rom files (all exactly 2,097,152 bytes).
I've tried to patch the rom instead of just using the ips file in the same folder but it did't make a difference.
Here is the srm (third save) and a zst right before the crash:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=65WZM8PA

Has someone a checksum of a rom file that was fully playable?
Hope someone can help me with this.
Thanks in advance

PS: I'm using Win XP Pro SP2 32-bit, zsnesw 1.51 and snes9x 1.52.

Edit:
I could finish the quest with the save state and the unpatched Japanese rom. So I assume it has something to do with the translation patch.
IP Logged

Re: Hourai Gakuen no Bouken! problems
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 05:42:40 PM » by Kendaichi
Have you tried setting your text speed to slowest (1)? From what I've already read around here, that seems to work.

I looked at your save and it seems like you have your text speed set as fastest (3).

I really hope this helps, if not, then I'm sorry for wasting your time. : )
IP Logged

Re: Hourai Gakuen no Bouken! problems
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 04:21:23 PM » by ManaYagami
Have you tried setting your text speed to slowest (1)? From what I've already read around here, that seems to work.

I looked at your save and it seems like you have your text speed set as fastest (3).

I really hope this helps, if not, then I'm sorry for wasting your time. : )

I've been playing with bsnes v077 and I just ran into this problem. The text glitch still happened when I set the text speed to 1, but the game didn't crash. Thanks!
IP Logged

(Read 3047 times) [1]
Jump to: