aeon genesis guardian force

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11025 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 336974 times) 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 88

Re: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force
« Reply #420 on: November 09, 2007, 03:37:22 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I'm afraid I'll be gone for a few days; I have to go on a mission alone and move fast and stealthily so I'm taking the Exia. (no one better mess with the X divider while I'm gone, or else)

I should return Sunday or Monday, depending on how many enemies I have to get by.

Until I return Derek, you and JayBee are in charge, I want some recon done on the two weakest bases in the area.     

*Breathes in deeply*

Ahhh, that's the sweet sweet scent of being the one in charge. How I have missed you, old friend.

Egomania aside, we'll take care of it. And I promise, no pink and/or lavender paintjob will be applied to X Divider. I make no promises about fushia, though.

And don't sweat it on the nuke, JayBee. It was set up to be a tactical use weapon instead of a trap, so it wouldn't have gone off on us unless someone told it to. And as of this moment, the only person who could possibly do that is *me*.

This does not bode well for our enemies. ^_^

Anyway, as far as that base goes, I haven't got a clue. All I can tell from the data is that it's either the smallest or weakest of the four. Recon is obviously the next point to go on, but I wanted to see if anyone else had anything to say before I shanghai'd someone to go with me.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #421 on: November 09, 2007, 07:44:43 PM » by Corsair Space pirate?
Alright andrew, Here's your knife:

Have fun with it but be very careful, you don't want to trip yourself or stab yourself in the arm. (I was actually a little hesitant to do this job, at first but i'm satisfied with the results. It might take a little getting used to so you might want to do a little field practice.

Is there any way i can load it's data into the simulator?

METAL.
IP Logged

« Reply #422 on: November 09, 2007, 08:30:23 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
The access computer just inside the simulator room should have an upload slot. You can run basic checks on the data from there before actually trying it in the sim.

Speaking of, here's a minor challenge for you. Think you can create a possible upgrade for my beam scythe with your system? Just the design, mind you. I want to see what you're capable of before I let you do anything potentially permanent to my weaponry.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #423 on: November 09, 2007, 08:56:35 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Hitting the Sim now. There should also be a backup knife somewhere if this doesn't work out.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #424 on: November 10, 2007, 12:59:01 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
And don't sweat it on the nuke, JayBee. It was set up to be a tactical use weapon instead of a trap, so it wouldn't have gone off on us unless someone told it to. And as of this moment, the only person who could possibly do that is *me*.

This does not bode well for our enemies. ^_^
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, as far as that base goes, I haven't got a clue. All I can tell from the data is that it's either the smallest or weakest of the four. Recon is obviously the next point to go on, but I wanted to see if anyone else had anything to say before I shanghai'd someone to go with me.
I'll tag along. 

If there's no objections, I'd like to take the R-Gun until the YF-21 is patched up. They tell me it'll be a few more days, what with the complexity of those wings.

Getting hands-on practice with something (mildly) more conventional than a VF is good too.

The T-Link boomerang is a pretty neat weapon, by the way. I could get used to this...

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #425 on: November 10, 2007, 08:04:12 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
That works for me. I've always held that these missions should consist of the actual recon guy and someone capable of nuking the place should the recon guy be spotted.

Speaking of, 'Vaun and Andrew are in charge while we're out, and I want 'Vaun and Corsair to get together and see if they can rig up some sort of 'Scythe-usable missile launcher capable of firing that nuke. You know, for just in case.

Hey JayBee, when we get back from this, drinks are on me at that bar Angel, in Kyris. Sound good?

IP Logged

« Reply #426 on: November 10, 2007, 01:58:29 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Feeling the GP-02 envy, huh? :)

And yeah, that sounds great. Free drinks is always good.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #427 on: November 10, 2007, 02:27:03 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Fight fire with fire, I say. With a guy like Bask, I have no qualms about playing just as dirty as he does. Besides, the look on his face if he realized we'd used his own nuke against him would be PRICELESS.

C'mon, let's get going. I want to have this place checked out by tonight.

Gundam Deathscythe, launching.

IP Logged

« Reply #428 on: November 10, 2007, 02:34:28 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Roger that.

R-Gun, heading out.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #429 on: November 11, 2007, 12:07:24 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Wow...I'm actually really glad we opted to go for drinks. After what we just saw, I don't want to be sober.

I'll let JayBee go over the specifics of it once he's, well, done running up my tab at Haruka's. But I will say this.

We found those QRaus.

....Yeah, I'm gonna go back to the bar. If you'll excuse me...

IP Logged

« Reply #430 on: November 11, 2007, 02:22:59 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Oh, suuuhure.... leave me wif da bag....
*takes a deep breath, pops an UnDrunk pill*
All right. I'm good for a little while.
I'll tell you the bad news, then I'm gonna go run Derek's tab up a little... scratch that a LOT more.

So, before this pill wears off and lets me drink our troubles away again...

For those of you not well-versed in Macross mecha...
THIS is a Queadluun Rau 
Its not a mech in the conventional sense. It's closer to powered armor, conceptually speaking. just powered armor for REALLY big people.
It carries enough micromissiles to make my own trigger-happy clouds look like the epitome of restraint. And a bunch of guns. And it's got enough thrust to zip through the air as fast and nimbly as anything we have.
In short, it's a bat out of hell with a gatling bazooka.

But that's not the bad part.
The BAD part is that the QRau is designed to accomodate one female zentradi warrior.
The zentradi are a race of 30-foot giants genetically engineered for warefare. They're big, mean, and their entire society is nothing but a single giant military. Needless to say, they're NOT people you want to pick a fight with..

And the female zentradi are their elite special ops force. Where the men tend to apply brute force and overwhelm you with large numbers of relatively crappy mecha, the women send small numbers of highly-trained pilots in high-performance vehicles.

One QRau, piloted by one of these psycho bitches from hell, can rip through a squadron of fighter pilots like tinfoil.

They hired four of these, ahem,  charming young ladies.

AND IT GETS BETTER!

The QRaus aren't their only defenses. There's a small squad of mobile suits stationed at the base too.
It's not a particularly impressive force, save for one small detail..

They have a dozen Virgos.
About twenty Zaku 3s, another dozen Hizacks and seven Doms.
Nothing we can't handle, if we ignore the fucking QRaus taking potshots at us. The Virgos are a pain, but we've dealt with them before.

But... there seems to be a prototype being tuned on in the hanger. Signs point towards it being the Sazabi. Which means Char's there too.

When it rains, it pours.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a date with some high-proof booze.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #431 on: November 11, 2007, 09:44:18 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Well, I think JayBee about covered everything before going and getting himself blitzed. If anyone has any suggestions for how to go about this one, bring them to the sim. I'm gonna go see just how effective 'Scythe's stealth gear is at avoiding large amounts of high explosives.

IP Logged

« Reply #432 on: November 11, 2007, 02:45:18 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Good idea...
*clutches head*
I'm gonna be running a Focker in my sim.  See how many people I can shoot down with a raging hangover.

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit.
Ripley was a master tactician.
Meh. Char'll probably see that one coming. Frickin' newtypes.

Everyone oughta get some sim practice. I've loaded the QRau data up.

I want aerial pilots to be practicing 1 pilot VS 1 QRau. Get a feel for what it can do, and what it can do to you.
And if they decide to take it personally when you tag them in a real battle, you'll be ready. These girls have egos to match their stature, and they hold grudges..

A few pointers:
Anti-missile weapons are your friend. Gundams, this means head vulcans. It's a fairly weak weapon with a rapid fire rate that's always at the ready. Hacking them away with a beam saber LOOKS cool, but it doesn't work. They tend to blow up and take your arm off.
Those shields mobile suit designers are so fond of are great if there's only a few missiles left, but don't count on them for a full swarm.

Learn to love your radar. You can expect a missile to come in from any direction at any time until she's out of ammo.

But you'll more likely see a missile coming from every direction all at once. When you get swarmed, pick a direction. Jet forward, shooting missiles to open a path. Once you're out of the cloud, spin around and start taking out the leftovers.

Prioritize the nearest missiles, obviously. But also go for missiles that are grouped close together. When one goes up, there's a chance it'll take others with it. It's probably the only time you'll love shrapnel.

Keep the pressure on. They've been known to panic when they aren't in control.

That's it for pointers. Now a bit of fortune-telling.
If we don't kill them before this fight is over, we can expect to see them again. They're gonna want to avenge their defeat.
 Like I said, they hold grudges.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2007, 04:51:26 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
My R-3 Powered would be the biggest target - it'll be fun times trying to evade and intercept all those missiles with naught but my head vulcans, plasma cutter, and whatever else I choose to bring along.

...Hey, do we have a few spare M95's?

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #434 on: November 11, 2007, 05:21:09 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Beats me. Might want to ask the Commander when he gets back.

Okay, so I've learned two things from my trip through the sim. One, 'Scythe's stealth gear saves me from about 26% percent of one of those ladies' missiles. Roughly one out of four is not bad at all. Combined with my own dodging ability and nack for knowing which hole to duck into at the right time, my total evasion rate against just missiles was around 43%.

The second thing I learned is that 'Scythe can take exactly that many micromissiles before he shuts down. I know this because I had a lot of chances to count it.

Who's the genius who programmed a Game Over screen into the simulator, anyway?

IP Logged

(Read 336974 times) 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 88
Jump to: