aeon genesis guardian force

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11043 Posts, 545 Topics, 780 Members, Latest Member: jnmoors01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 352287 times) 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 88

Re: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force
« Reply #435 on: November 11, 2007, 07:27:23 PM » by Dsvaun
The good news with the Nu's Fin Funnels is that they also work to put up a barrier that can essentialy be used against whatever attack comes my way.  I'll just have to practice timing so that setting up a small barrier will almost be almost instant.
IP Logged

« Reply #436 on: November 11, 2007, 08:17:19 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
So, assuming I can manage to improve my game on this a bit, which I easily can, given that I wasn't actually firing back during the sim, that currently makes two to three people who can play with the Meltrandi girls during this. I say two to three, cause let's face it, JayBee's shown a complete phobia to those chicks, even though he knows the most about them.

Either way, I think our best bet would be to focus our concerns on them. Mainly, the ones who know they won't be slaughtered outright would run interference while everyone else takes care of the rest of the base.

The only snag in that plan would be, naturally, Char. And at the moment, about the only idea I have for dealing with him outside of launching that nuke at him during the battle would be to do my Solid Snake impression and take out Sazabi somehow. Any other suggestions?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #437 on: November 11, 2007, 10:36:01 PM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 10:38:58 PM by Dsvaun »
I think it's because he knows about them that he has developed a phobia of them because, lets face it, they do sound scary to me.  After all, hell hath no fury.....you know the rest.

On another note, you can be sure that I'll finish them off, after all, I may be single, but I'm not that desperate to meet women.

As for Char, teaming up against him is a no-no.  They don't call him the Red Comet for nothing.  The only thing I can think of is going against him with Nu Gundam.  I don't know if I'm good enough, but I'll probably find out.
IP Logged

« Reply #438 on: November 12, 2007, 12:12:22 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Personally, I'd feel a lot better knowing that we wouldn't have to fight him at all. I mean, I don't know about you guys, but I know I certainly wouldn't want to go up against him without an ace up my sleeve, and I do this sort of thing for a living.

Either way, we do need to pick up more intel. Even considering the QRaus and Char himself, roughly fifty or so units guarding a base like this seems a little low to me. Even if we take into consideration those Marasais you guys shot out of the sky, that puts the total around eighty or so, and that's still way too few men guarding the base. I mean, our base right here had a hundred guys watching it, and it's even smaller.

I'm gonna go on a night recon run in a little bit, so if anyone has anything they need or want to run past me, now's the chance.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #439 on: November 12, 2007, 01:20:23 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Dsvaun's right. Ignorance is bliss.

My YF-21 integrates a good bit of meltrandi technology.  Battroid mode is based heavily on the QRau design. And as a Macross fanboy, I've got an excessive bit of knowledge.

I know what they can do, I know the appropriate countermeasures, and I was praying to about six different dieties that I wouldn't have to test them.
I'm not Max. I won't come out of it with a hot wife.

Who's the genius who programmed a Game Over screen into the simulator, anyway?
Me, of course. Ryusei isn't the only nut out there.
Just be glad Minmay isn't trotting out and ringing a gong to start the level.... yet.

BTW, I have a Sazabi sim up and running.
This took longer than the QRau sim because I wanted to make it more authentic than the existing AI routines allowed.
Just getting the Sazabi's specs and pilot profile in wasn't enough for a good practice session..

Long story short, after a bit of coding and creating a few new libraries, I managed to connect the sim's psycommu unit to the enemy AI routines.
We have a functional "newtype" AI ability now, and it should more properly model what we'll ACTUALLY see from Char than a straight tactical data dump.

So if you're not getting enough abuse in the QRau sim, load up the Sazabi profile.

I've also got a tentative full-battle mode, with our map of the enemy base and all the units we know of in place. I recommend not trying to solo this. You won't last long enough to justify the boot time. My personal best is 2 minutes, 12 seconds in the YF-21. The BCS helped a lot with the micromissiles, but Sazabi entered at 1 minute 45 seconds, and it went downhill rather rapidly.

In the R-Gun, I get capped at 1:30 tops.

And if you're REALLY masochistic, there's a switch to turn the battlefield from a base map to a single large crater. And deploy everything we know they have all at once instead of staggering the enemy launches.
So 4 QRaus and a "newtype" Sazabi + that extra cannon-fodder crap we don't really care about and NO cover.
I don't really EXPECT anyone to try this, but it's there.
12 seconds was my first, last, and only run.

I'm working on controls to adjust the mecha population up. You'll even be able to throw in some of the silly Zeon superweapons like Big Zam if you're so inclined.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #440 on: November 12, 2007, 01:49:17 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Twenty Zaku-IIIs, twelve Hizacks, seven Doms, four Queadlunn Raus with Meltrandi pilots, and a Sazabi probably piloted by Char.

Sounds like fun. Someone remind me to tune up my TK Field before we sortie. Just one question... what's our objective? Are we simply defeating all opposition, or is there something inside that base that we need to take (or take out)?

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #441 on: November 12, 2007, 01:58:18 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Sounds like a blast. I'll have to check it out when I get back. In the meantime, see about helping 'Vaun with that rocket launcher, would you? If possible, I wouldn't mind making it something I could use on a more regular basis than when we want to drop nuclear hellfire on our foes, but that part does take priority.

I should be back sometime in the morning with more intel. Till then, you guys are in charge.

Gundam Deathscythe, launching.

IP Logged

« Reply #442 on: November 12, 2007, 02:21:53 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
SRX team, which includes the R-Gun pilot, we are going to start practicing formation, transformation, and general team strategy. Meet me in the sim at 1500 hours today.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #443 on: November 12, 2007, 02:33:55 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
R-Gun is currently pilotless. I'm not using it on a standard basis, and you can bet your sweet little bippy that I'm not wading into this mess without my beloved YF-21.

I recommend NOT combining, however. The SRX isn't nimble enough, and it's too powerful to be ignored, even if it WOULDN'T make for one heck of a feather in someone's cap.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #444 on: November 12, 2007, 10:17:11 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I'm back.

*walks into hanger dragging a large crate*

Jaybee I "picked up" some parts on the way back I think you should take stock of them

*reaches into crate and removes a dismembered QRau arm then drops it back in*

the real surprises are coming via "air mail" later (I'll need 3 volunteers to help me catch them) 

so let's see whats happened  over the last few days

*reads reports*

So you are worried about some QRaus and Char Well I've got some good news for you then. First Char wouldn't touch Bask with a 1000 meter pole; that Sazabi is an incomplete copy Bask is building on his own. 

Second, I have a good Idea of what to do against QRaus; A key point is that they along with most Macross mechs lack one thing....close range capabilities.  What you need to do is get in their face and keep them from pulling away then hack them to pieces. 

Now some bad news we have few mechs that can match a QRau's mobility and even if you can you need to avoid missiles long enough to get in range.

In short don't worry bout Char; he won't be there.  However, do worry about the QRaus we need to practice getting in their faces and staying there

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #445 on: November 12, 2007, 11:38:38 AM » by Corsair Space pirate?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 11:40:58 AM by Corsair »
Well it took me far longer than I had anticipated, But here she is:

removed the second blade, added three more
I haven't actually applied any of these changes yet, but i have it worked out so i could more or less redisgn the scythe in just a few hours. We don't have the resources to just build up another one, or I would, but once again, i'm satisfied with what i've accomplished.

It's more or less designed to allow for numerous fighting styles - you can even shut off all of the modules but one and funnel all the unused power through that, but i DO NOT reccomend doin this as you risk burning out the module. they're hardy but not designed for that kind of abuse. I've also left the thruster there because it consumes barely any resources and rerouting it's power would only be a hinderance.

I've developed a console that can be easily fitted to th deathscythe's cockpit so you can control the power of each individual beam. just be careful and don't put all of thm at full blast at once because that will run out it's power supply within five minutes.

the tail of the scythe can be repositioned as well. perpendicular to the shaft or parallelle with it...and everything in between. this is also adjustable from the console.

I ran this all through the sim - the console is easy to use but it can be distracting to use in the heat of the action - i reccomend only doing so beore you engage. and get some practice in the sim. it's balance is significantly altered so it might take a little getting used to.

Also, Andrew, how's the shocksnap working out for you?

METAL.
IP Logged

« Reply #446 on: November 12, 2007, 02:34:15 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
No Char makes me VERY happy!
And I see you've been playing with the meltrandi. With a fair bit of success. 
I assume that means there's only three QRaus for the moment? That makes me happy too. But not as happy as no-Char.

I wouldn't count on being able to stay inside their comfort area. And at extreme close-range they have a pretty nasty fist. The design's simple enough that they have the durability for brawling, even if they don't carry melee weapons.
But it keeps the pressure on in a big way, and they aren't used to not being in control.

So.... are we gonna do anything with the gun on that arm?
Those pulse lasers are sweet little weapons once they're mounted on something.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #447 on: November 12, 2007, 02:42:39 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
If that Sazabi isn't Char's them maybe we could try getting it (mostly) in one piece?
IP Logged

« Reply #448 on: November 12, 2007, 03:04:11 PM » by Dsvaun
Hey Corsair,
If you want to upgrade the hyper bazooka, I was thinking of making it into a hyper mega bazooka.  Not as creative as some of your ideas, but it's effective.  Enough power put in it can blow off a piece of Axis.  Nu gundam probably won't have enough power to do that, but it's a good start until I build Hi-Nu.  In the meantime, I'd still like to work on the METEOR packs for Freedom and Justice and then move to the HWS for Nu.
IP Logged

« Reply #449 on: November 12, 2007, 04:11:25 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
The Shocksnap was interesting to use at first, but I like it.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

(Read 352287 times) 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 88
Jump to: