aeon genesis guardian force

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10989 Posts, 531 Topics, 744 Members, Latest Member: k4ra187

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 313452 times) 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 88

Re: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force
« Reply #450 on: November 12, 2007, 04:30:25 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Jaybee, those QRau parts were from a different area so we still have four to deal with at the base, however that punch isn't that bad (your's is far worst)

By the way I still need some (3) volunteers to help me catch our presents by late tomorrow evening

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #451 on: November 12, 2007, 08:39:40 PM » by Dsvaun
I guess I'll play catch.  I'll get whatever is arriving.
IP Logged

« Reply #452 on: November 12, 2007, 10:55:35 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Thanks 'vaun can you get two of the Duragriez'es luna-steel landing nets (we shouldn't need them but better to be safe than sorry) 

We might be able to pull this off with just the two of us but I'd still like two others to help

IP Logged

« Reply #453 on: November 12, 2007, 11:49:29 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
I'm done tuning my mech, and it sounds like you could use a heavy-duty flier like my R-3 Powered. Count me in.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #454 on: November 13, 2007, 12:53:51 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Jaybee, those QRau parts were from a different area so we still have four to deal with at the base, however that punch isn't that bad (your's is far worst)
Ah well...
Still leaves us with a nice little gun.

I'd figure they had the better punch. I guess I underestimated what a good pin-point barrier can do.
I still don't wanna be on the wrong side of one, given they can rip a hole in a battleship.

By the way I still need some (3) volunteers to help me catch our presents by late tomorrow evening
I'm game.
One last trip in the R-Gun before my normal ride is up and running again.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #455 on: November 13, 2007, 09:29:52 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Okay, I'm back. I have good news, bad news, and some funny news.

First, the good news. That disguise that Haruka gave me came in handy again, as I was able to sneak into the base and scope it out up close. Bask either doesn't have the resources to give the place a lot of defenses or he just doesn't care. Either way, I can officially say that this base has quite literally nothing defending it aside from the mechs stationed there.

Bad news is, they appear to have figured out that we took out the group occupying Kyris, so they're starting to tighten up said defenses. I got myself in to play guard duty in the command center for a few hours, and listened in on a few transmissions. We should probably expect the number of Hizacks and Marasais to go up by ten or twenty over the next few days. Second piece of bad news, I checked out the Sazabi. It's being built as a mobile doll. Specifically, the AI had already been hardwired into it and there isn't even a cockpit in the thing. So stealing it is, unfortunately, not a valid idea.

Particularly once you hear the funny news. Turns out I wasn't the only person sneaking around the base unauthorized. The Commander was wrong about Char not being around. We had a nice little guns drawn on each other moment when both of us realized the other one was there, but that went away pretty quick when Char put his away and offered a truce for the time being. He apparently had heard some sort of rumor about this thing being built and, knowing that Bask would deny it's existance, espcially to him, snuck in to take a look for himself.

I'm really glad that those two hate each other, honestly. Otherwise, Char probably wouldn't have asked if I wanted to help him rig the thing to blow up as casually as he did. We ended up setting a good few hidden explosives on the thing before he tossed me the detonator and walked away. I've still got it on me, ready to set them off when we start this attack.

The only snag I hit during this entire thing was that I got spotted and stopped by one of those Meltrandi women when I was looking around, but all that ended up as was me being ordered to go run an errand for her for a few minutes. No problems there, though I see why JayBee has problems with them. Real sociable ladies. When we hit this place, the QRau with a white right shoulder is mine. I like to return favors to people.

I'm gonna go take a nap, and then I'll check out this new scythe design in the sim. Close quarters is one of my specialties, but this thing looks like it'd take some getting used to, if I went with it. I'll decide once I've tried it out.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #456 on: November 13, 2007, 11:53:12 AM » by Corsair Space pirate?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 12:27:44 PM by Corsair »
Well  since the Q-Rau arm is at my disposal...

I spent a good 5 hours trying to figure out how to make the zentraedi circuitry compatible with our own and i figured...why do that?

This is basically a housing for the pulse laser with a good bit of reinforcing,  and removing the manipulator entirely.
There's a reason for that, and i'll explain in a second.

First off, without a central power source to power ir, the manipulator would have had to run off the secondary power source for the arm. The seconary power sources, i found act like a batteries when separated from the main power of the q-rau. Which is quite brilliant, actually and works in our favor for this. Removing the manipulator allowed more power to go directly to the blaster, which means those little annoying beam pellets now act more like a barrage of destructive hailstones.

The great thing about this design, is that it's totally self contained. you just wear it like a glove, and since it's basically a trigger mechanism it can be mounted pretty much anywhere on your MS with zero problems and zero energy drain. At full charge it will dispell 125 burst of three pulses - not too shabby, but might be somewhat limiting in a drawn-out battle.

Which is why it's reinforced. It's *VERY* sturdy. it was hardy to begin with and the added inches of plate make it mostly indestructable to all but the most powerful attacks.

the battery was easy to modify to be chargable. If your MS has a charger mounted to it ( most gundams do. GM's also have them but...it's a GM...) the ammunition capacity becomes even less of a problem.

Honestly, this is a weapon any of you could theoretically carry as long as you have a free mounting point. and the added weight is mostly negligible. This is a good way for melee oriented MS's to get a little more range, and for low-armor units to add a little protection.

The only real drawback is that they're time consuming to produce and we're just not outfitted to mass-produce them.

so this is the only one we ahve 'till more Q-rau salvage comes in.

I'll get to working on that hyper-mega bazooka once i've put this through a few more sim trials to see just how sturdy it is.

------edit------

After a few trials...i's al I had expected and more; I found that it'd be possible (and easy) to add an armored, retractable cover for the barrels - basically turning it into a big fist.

I figure i could also do something to expend a few charges to make it punch *really* hard. give me a little time with that and you'd  have an extremely versatile weapon.

the onl rel drawback is th recoil. It's not *too* bad but it's bad enough to throw you off if you're not prepared for it. As with any weapon, train in the sim before using.

METAL.
IP Logged

« Reply #457 on: November 13, 2007, 02:02:10 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Hmn...I wonder if we can make a prototype of this Meltrandy Gun-Arm for that Aura Battler I found. Yyeah, it will take a lot of time to put it togheter, but I am working on it almost all the time, with luck, I may be able to finish putting it up togheter by the first week of next month, and having a weapon like that would make it the bane of all MS.
IP Logged

« Reply #458 on: November 13, 2007, 04:00:54 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Trust Corsair to turn a gatling gun into a handcannon. :)

Seriously, that's an impressive piece of kit. If I weren't so big on integral-weapon mechs, I'd take it for a spin myself.

Hmn...I wonder if we can make a prototype of this Meltrandy Gun-Arm for that Aura Battler I found. Yyeah, it will take a lot of time to put it togheter, but I am working on it almost all the time, with luck, I may be able to finish putting it up togheter by the first week of next month, and having a weapon like that would make it the bane of all MS.
As long as it's under construction, may as well see if you can get a few pulse blasters to integrate into the design itself.
Better to add the weapons in now than try to kludge 'em on later.

I know the aura battlers are kinda weird from an engineering standpoint(to understate things drastically), but I think one of my maintenance guys is qualified to lend a hand.
He's a little.... odd.... but if anyone can rig a way to convert aura to electricity, it's him.

And an aura battler with gatling lasers would be downright terrifying. I'm glad you're on our side.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #459 on: November 13, 2007, 04:26:04 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Yes! And I am pretty sure that Beam Coating and E-Field have no effect on Aura-energy shoots...Mobile Armor's, Tremble!
IP Logged

« Reply #460 on: November 13, 2007, 05:06:36 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Alright catch team we need to be in place by 2100 hrs I'm going ahead to double check my calculations and make sure the area is clear;

Sume Gai, Gundam Exia, Launching. 

IP Logged

« Reply #461 on: November 13, 2007, 05:56:18 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Alright, I gave it a try. To be perfectly honest, I'm glad that I believe in trying out possible upgrades before spending the time having them made. The concept is nice, Corsair. Don't get me wrong on that. I can imagine how much of a freakout point it'd be to activate all the blades at the same time in front of someone. But that's just it. That many killpoints on the scythe is too many, especially considering the power restraints that occur as a result. They LOOK impressive, but they don't accomplish anything more than that if I want to actually use them on a regular basis. Sorry Corsair, but don't quit your day job. I'll pass.

Now, it WOULD be nice if you and 'Vaun got together and worked on that rocket launcher I asked for.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #462 on: November 13, 2007, 06:46:16 PM » by Corsair Space pirate?
Alright, I gave it a try. To be perfectly honest, I'm glad that I believe in trying out possible upgrades before spending the time having them made. The concept is nice, Corsair. Don't get me wrong on that. I can imagine how much of a freakout point it'd be to activate all the blades at the same time in front of someone. But that's just it. That many killpoints on the scythe is too many, especially considering the power restraints that occur as a result. They LOOK impressive, but they don't accomplish anything more than that if I want to actually use them on a regular basis. Sorry Corsair, but don't quit your day job. I'll pass.

Now, it WOULD be nice if you and 'Vaun got together and worked on that rocket launcher I asked for.

Meh. I'm a tinkerer, not an engineer. the guy that designed that thing knew what he was doing. it's hard to improve upon something that doesn't neccesarily need it.

As for explosive launchers, I can do that. as i said earlier when I rolled out the Q-blaster, i'm working on it.

METAL.
IP Logged

« Reply #463 on: November 13, 2007, 07:26:21 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Oh, good! That hypercom I was waiting for came in.

*steps out, comes back a little later with a clenched fist*

I didn't want to say anything until I confirmed it with my old mentor, but it turns out there might be some personal issues between me and one of the QRau pilots, even if she doesn't know it yet.

I didn't THINK there were too many meltrandi flying red machines, but I wanted to confirm it with my old flight school teacher first. 
As it happens, the pretender out there has gone WELL above and beyond paintjobs in trying to steal her reputation. She's actually been advertising herself as THE Millia Fallyna.
Needless to say, the real one isn't happy. Neither is anyone else.
Wish I'd seen her advertising beforehand. Could've saved myself a comm bill.

Anyways, I've offered to knock that mercenary down a few pegs for her since I'm here and she's not. I may not exactly be a Jenius, but I've trained with some of the best and I'll be damned if some 2-bit imposter is gonna keep slurring my mentor's name.

The engineering team is gonna be throwing some blue paint and white stripes on my plane before we hit the base. If she knows ANYTHING about who she's claiming to be, it'll be immediatly obvious I'm coming for her.
If not, well... I have a comm unit. I intended to call her on it publically anyways.  But a little symbolism never hurt anyone.

Derek can have the white-shouldered QRau, but the solid red one's mine.

And to think I was worried about THEM taking US personally.

Anyways.... I'm gonna go check the mail. R-Gun heading out.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #464 on: November 13, 2007, 07:47:25 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I'll go with you guys. An extra set of hands is never a bad idea, and I don't have much else to do at the moment. Besides, THAT just now from JayBee got my attention. Something tells me I'm gonna want to hear more about this one.

Gundamn Deathscythe, heading out.

IP Logged

(Read 313452 times) 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 88
Jump to: