aeon genesis guardian force

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11027 Posts, 542 Topics, 770 Members, Latest Member: Drdarylmorgan34

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 340833 times) 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 88

Re: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force
« Reply #510 on: November 16, 2007, 07:49:37 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
But it's not really beatable solo. One Gunstar against the whole armada? It'll be a slaughter!

Interesting name you picked for us, JayBee. I got dibs on Seven Force, even though green isn't my color.

I'm really glad I leave the radio on when I go train. Otherwise, I'd never have been able to hear that story. Sounds like the two of them, alright.

Okay, after pretty much my entire night spent in the sim, I FINALLY beat the damn thing. Mind you, I've been fighting them on max level this entire time. Realistically speaking, you'd have to be a fool to train solely against the AI units and expect to be capable of taking a real opponent. So "Millia"'s been treating me to a few private lessons in how to survive missile warfare.

I wouldn't say I passed with flying colors, given that it seriously took all I had to beat "her". But dammit, I won for once, even if it was just because I'm a REALLY good at desperation fighting. And those AI units are practically fodder against me, now.

*Rubs his shoulder gently* Just remind me to not turn the safety off next time.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #511 on: November 16, 2007, 01:56:35 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
But it's not really beatable solo. One Gunstar against the whole armada? It'll be a slaughter!

Interesting name you picked for us, JayBee. I got dibs on Seven Force, even though green isn't my color.
But does it have a Death Blossom?

I really wish that quote was a tad more generic. I really have to try to find a use for it, but it's just SO fun to say!

I wouldn't say I passed with flying colors, given that it seriously took all I had to beat "her". But dammit, I won for once, even if it was just because I'm a REALLY good at desperation fighting. And those AI units are practically fodder against me, now.
Congrats!
Even an AI sim of Millia is a pretty tough cookie. I've dropped a good bit of damage into the computer on that level, but I've never managed to beat it.

*splices in a few subroutines*
There's a new difficulty in there now, if you want to try "newtype Millia." Needless to say, I'm not testing this one myself. It runs and that's good enough for me.
I REALLY shouldn't be allowed near a programming terminal some days.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #512 on: November 16, 2007, 02:14:04 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 11:15:33 PM by Derek »
Seriously.

By "beat it", I mean "she" was about half a second away from firing the arm cannon straight into my cockpit at point blank range, and the only reason I didn't get aced right there was because I'd thrown my scythe up into the air at just an angle that it's spin came back down and implanted the blade directly through "her" cockpit from behind. The funny part was that I'd missed my original throw, and that was just how it landed. With the blade starting to burn away MY cockpit after it had fallen through "her".

Yeah.

I'm not trying that thing again, and I'm praying to Luna that these girls we're going after aren't NEARLY as good as she is.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #513 on: November 16, 2007, 02:31:32 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Jaybee back in Millia's days at the academy Max and I were working together on mech development and testing and I'm sure during those days that Max was the better pilot (the guy once told how he met and married millia, craziest story I've ever heard) . 

but I digress, good job Derek, I think we may be ready to attack tomorrow I want you, me, Dsvaun And Jaybee to run a sim against four QRaus on hard. if we win we will be ready to attack.

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #514 on: November 16, 2007, 02:33:35 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Roger that. I'll go get my spot.

IP Logged

« Reply #515 on: November 16, 2007, 09:17:34 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Jaybee back in Millia's days at the academy Max and I were working together on mech development and testing and I'm sure during those days that Max was the better pilot (the guy once told how he met and married millia, craziest story I've ever heard) . 
Parts of that story are legendary.
And proof that people do some REALLY dumb shit for hormones.

No offense to the Jeniuses, but that has to be the WORST reason to get married I've ever seen..
"Hey, you just tried to kill me, but you're a gamer and you're hot... let's get married!"
"Okay. Sounds good. Whatever it means."

We actually analyzed their "first date" in class. It's a good high-level dogfight.

Of course, our first run through the data, they masked the fight's identity. We got a wire-frame city a second VF-1 in place of the QRau, and they changed the paint jobs.
Then we were supposed to pick out the points where control of the fight shifted, major mistakes both sides made, and at what point the second pilot panicked(which correlates closely to the big turning point in the fight).
Then we compared our versions to the Jeniuses' own recollections.

We kept coming back to it to run variations on the scenario, trying to improve the stalemate time, score a kill, or reduce damage to the city.
Occasionally one of the Jeniuses would drop into the sim and take control of whichever side the student in the sim wasn't flying. Usually when it was obvious we were exploiting the AI's holes.
I NEVER want to see a sim of Old Macross City again.

It's kinda creepy to see a couple getting nostalgic about trying to kill each other.

but I digress, good job Derek, I think we may be ready to attack tomorrow I want you, me, Dsvaun And Jaybee to run a sim against four QRaus on hard. if we win we will be ready to attack.
All right, let's do it!

I wanna hit these ladies ASAP.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #516 on: November 16, 2007, 10:00:54 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I saw the two of them in combat once, myself. Your line about one really good pilot being in two different places at once was pretty spot on. Mind you, I was doing fairly good myself, but I have no shame in admitting that I was playing a supporting role to the two of them. Ah well. I was young at the time. This was back when I had just started out, so I wasn't exactly as good as I am now.

Anyway, I'm ready when you guys are.

IP Logged

« Reply #517 on: November 16, 2007, 10:10:07 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
well I don't think we have time to wait for 'vaun so I'll replace the 4th QRau with six Marasai's (should  be about as hard as 4 QRs vs 4 of us)

I think that will be sufficient 

Simulation set

time limit 40 mins

and Launch.

IP Logged

« Reply #518 on: November 16, 2007, 11:06:41 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
well that was tough but we did it.  I think we are ready for this

I finished mine of in about 20 mins then  took out the Marasais

then i went to find the others but the sim timed out shortly after.

so how'd you two do

IP Logged

« Reply #519 on: November 16, 2007, 11:10:14 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
JayBee and I were sitting off on the other side of the field making witty banter while we were tagteaming. After we were finished, we figured you had the other ones, so we just started practicing against each other to kill the rest of the time.

IP Logged

« Reply #520 on: November 16, 2007, 11:14:21 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Sounds like you guys did fairly well I'll take a look at the sim data and then outline the plan for operation Shshio

IP Logged

« Reply #521 on: November 17, 2007, 12:48:40 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I generally take the assumption in a low-unit encounter like this that if it's not over in a few minutes, it's not gonna end well for you.
I took 5 minutes.  Most of which was before she emptied her missiles.

Hit 'em hard and hit 'em fast.

Was kinda wondering where the Marasais were. I never saw them.
Guess it was a quirk of the spawn pattern.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #522 on: November 17, 2007, 01:13:11 AM » by Dsvaun
Sorry I was MIA.  Had a rough day.  That probably isn't a good excuse.  Good news is that the METEORs are finished.  I'm taking requests right now for upgrades.

Again, sorry for being late.  Awaiting orders Commander Gai.
IP Logged

« Reply #523 on: November 17, 2007, 01:36:06 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I didn't run into any problems during my fight, (I took alot of extra  time getting to my target (yeah I should have chosen a smaller battle field)  and I wasted  more time shooting down her stray missiles (didn't want either of you to get shot in the back if one got away)

Jaybee you got in a really good hit early which nearly crippled her mech do that next time and we'll be in good shape. I don't think you really need much improvement (I guess you can thank Millia for that much)

Derek your practice really shows you held your own very well; the only thing is you might want to be more aggressive during the actual fight. If you can get closer faster it will likely put her off balance. (you don't need to but if you think you can handle it)

Dsvaun I've checked your sim results you should be fin with "liberal" use of your barrier and bits

now onto the plan

Operation Shishio-----------------

this operation will not be a full force deployment but rather will be handled by a group of 8-9 pilots

the pilots will consist of the four who will take on the QRaus (Jaybee, Derek, Dsvaun and myself) 2 'snipers' and 2 to 3 'cleaners'

the snipers will start the attack from long range taking out any units not in cover.  The Q-team will move in as soon as the enemy starts to deploy and we will attack our targets (Derek will destroy the Sazabi shortly after they launch it) .  The cleaners will move in soon afterwards to take out any units that the snipers or Q-team have yet to get.

After we secure the base Duragreiz will move in and we will set up fortifications to make the base our foothold in the region

after we set up we will decide who will stay there and who will watch our main base

IP Logged

« Reply #524 on: November 17, 2007, 01:44:04 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Sounds good to me. From what I could tell when I snuck in, those four Meltrandi were here specifically to guard the Sazabi while it was being worked on out here. Technically speaking, blowing that up will pretty much "defeat" them, in the sense that they won't have any more reason to stick around and fight us, particularly if we're already winning at the time. So we probably shouldn't be surprised if they do decide to bail out on us midway.

IP Logged

(Read 340833 times) 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 88
Jump to: