aeon genesis guardian force

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10991 Posts, 531 Topics, 745 Members, Latest Member: Shakku

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 313516 times) 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 88

Re: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force
« Reply #585 on: November 19, 2007, 09:15:35 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 10:17:52 PM by Sume Gai »
our Mechs are being well cared for by Astonage and the Duragreiz deck crew how ever it looks like a few of them will be out of service for the week

Destiny-Jolty
Freedom-AuraBattler
Justice-Tyria
Gundam X Divider-Sume Gai
Lancelot-Kaji
R-2 (Powered)- Basterd King
R-3 (Powered)- Ianator
YF-21-JayBee
Gundam Virtue-Chaostic
Atropos-Corsair
DeathScythe Hell-Derek
(Sword/Launcher/Aile) Strike
Shining Gundam
R-Gun (Powered)-Dsvaun
Gundam Alex
Gundam Exia
R-Blade-Andrew

Arc Gurren-Lagann-Gideon Zhi

Battleship(s)
Durageiz - Argama Class - Bright Noa

Undergoing maintenance (unusable till Monday)
Nu Gundam
R-1

Currently sealed
Huckebien 008L

in development
Nu Gundam HWS
Grungust type ?

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #586 on: November 19, 2007, 09:58:10 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
I'll pilot the R-Blade until the R-1 is back in commision. It's the closest thing to my regular PT.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #587 on: November 20, 2007, 01:42:41 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Since there's a big fat ? on the Grungust, I recommend going for a Type 2.
It's faster than the Type 1, has a good bit more reach, and should be easier to build and maintain since it's 2-mode instead of 3.

Trade-off, of course, is a bit less power and durability. But the TK field negates the durability issue.

Anyways, I'm gonna hit the sim for a little while.
Nothing serious. I'm just gonna load up the profile for a Tomahawk destroid and smack some Zakus around.
It's good clean fun for the whole family!

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #588 on: November 20, 2007, 09:24:46 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Now that we established a foothold on the region, I belive that we are going to separate our forces. After all, it will be of no use to get another base and them lose our HQ because all our mechs are away. Not to say that I am not happy leaving a sealed Hyuckebiene sitting there just waiting for the enemy get it.

So, who is going back? I am going for the time beign to finish working on that Aura Battler.

As for the Grungust, I would recomend going for a Type-3. It may not be as fast and versatile Type-2, but it can take down/defend a whole base alone.

IP Logged

« Reply #589 on: November 20, 2007, 11:53:17 AM » by Dsvaun
Let's finish this campaign before dividing all our forces.
IP Logged

« Reply #590 on: November 20, 2007, 12:04:58 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
actually there are people guarding the other base surely you noticed Leader and the Arc Gurren-Lagann missing at the least

the base is guarded by

Gidien Zhi
Jotly
Kaji
Aurabatller

IP Logged

« Reply #591 on: November 20, 2007, 12:33:17 PM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Oh, all right them.

I'll go back there and try to finish reasembling that Aura Battler.
IP Logged

« Reply #592 on: November 20, 2007, 03:28:14 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Alright, let's see. Andrew, wanna go with me for recon?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #593 on: November 20, 2007, 05:38:37 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Me and Chaostic are in position....  Commencing surveillance.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #594 on: November 20, 2007, 06:25:08 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Might as well, I have nothing better to do.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #595 on: November 20, 2007, 06:46:00 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Alright. I've got something to take care of first, so I'm gonna go on ahead. When you're ready, get prepped and meet me at Point L-17, near the Seigus River. We'll proceed to the eastern base from there.

Gundam Deathscythe, launching.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #596 on: November 20, 2007, 07:16:04 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
*watches as a patrol mech steps into the hanger*
Hmmm, not too big a force here...
Lot of guys with custom paintjobs.

*a few minutes pass, the same mech comes out*
Guess he needed to refuel...
What the heck?!?! The computer flagged that as a new mech?!?!

*checks sensor logs*
Oh, that's CUTE... they AREN'T custom paintjobs!
Trying to fake us out, are we?

*checks a few other mechs*
Comp missed a few mech swaps.... pretty sneaky.
Too bad you guys aren't perfect, or it might've worked. Heat signature just varied too much on that last one.

Clever little trap.

I guess I'll have to sneak in to get an ACCURATE mech roster.
I wanna see if I can crack this encrypted comm stream first, though. Nasty encryption scheme, whatever they're doing...
Bleh.
*swaps computer mode*

Chaostic, I'm gonna turn the BDI system loose on this encryption. See if I can crack this code with some "hands-on" work. I'll probably be a little slow to respond to things.
Be back in a little bit.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #597 on: November 20, 2007, 10:19:09 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
And twist that, press this, and.... GOT IT!

*drops out of BDI, resets computer to normal operation*
Now let's see what this encrypted signal says...

"As per new security regulations, all sensitive material is now stored on off-line PCs and only available through sneakernet." WHAT!!!!! They pulled everything off the WAN, and even LAN?!?!?!
BASTARDS!
Well, Derek, you've impressed someone.

"For access to prototype blueprints or pilot schedules, please contact...."
Yeah, yeah.... or I can slap on a thermoptic cloak and get it myself.

I'll be back in 15 minutes.... because that's as long as a set of batteries lasts on this cloak.

I've got a throat mike and a pulse transmitter, so I should be able to talk without giving myself away. The transmitter will compress it down and send it in quick spikes. Looks like random EMI.

*hops out of the cockpit, starts running towards the base*
*toggles a switch on his hip and vanishes mid-step*
God, I love sci-fi.

*slips in the hanger, through a door*
All right, I'm in. Now to find a secluded terminal.
This'll do nicely.
*jacks in a PDA*
LAN mapper is running...
running...
running...
running....
still freaking running....
DONE!

And the dead zone is there.... so there I go.

*jogs down the hall, dodging the occasional person*
Wow, it's kinda creepy how they just walk right by. It's like I'm a ghost or something.

And here we are.
Oh, great. An old-fashioned mechanical lock next to the standard electric one.
Well, first things first...
*pulls out a toolkit, bypasses the door sensor, and then hacks the electric lock*
All right, I can open it without an alarm going off and ONE lock is open...

*pulls out some lockpicks, fiddles with the keyhole*
*fiddles some more*
*fiddles some more*
*looks both ways down the hall*
I don't have time for this.
*pulls a laser pistol and slags the door knob*
There. It's unlocked.

*walks in plugs the PDA into the computer, and starts puling files down*

Yep, research base. With a pretty sizable mech roster.
Looks like the actual plans are shipped to another base via drone for assembly.

Heading out....

Down this hall, turn here, turn here....
2 minutes left on the camo...

*snags cloak on a loose access panel*
*RIIIIIIIIIIP!

SHIT!

"INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT!"

*grabs laser pistol, shoots at the guy coming around the corner with a levelled gun*
*drops cloak and toolkit, runs like hell*

"INTRUDER ALERT! STOP THE INTRU-KSSK!"
Okay, so shooting the speaker doesn't help. But it makes me feel better!

Hanger doors.... 6 guys on the deck...
Gun and run!

GAH! My arm! 

One down!

*jumps on a moorcycle*
Bye, you five!

I'm out....

*stares at a Zaku machine gun, zips the bike between the mech's  legs*
*heads towards the hills at full throttle*
CHAOSTIC!!!!! OPEN FIRE!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*launches the bike up a hill, leaps off as it nears the YF-21, lands, rolls, scrabbles into the cockpit*

Let's get out of here!

*fires a few missiles at the nearest mechs, takes off*

Good, they aren't chasing any further!

Umm.... scout team Alpha to base... we're coming home.
Whoops?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #598 on: November 20, 2007, 11:02:42 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Jaybee good to see you made it back in one piece we'll have to act quickly if we want to make use of the data you've gathered

speaking of witch can you give us some more details on the base (number and type of mechs etc).  I heard it was mainly a storage depot but you say that they are performing  research, odd.

now we just need to wait for Derek 

IP Logged

« Reply #599 on: November 21, 2007, 02:20:21 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
The whole thing was a trap, sir.
It IS a supply base, but the supply base is actually built on top of a subterranean R&D facility. Likely as camofaluge.

They had a metric butt-load of Zakus there. All done up like they were custom paint jobs, and cycled so it looked like there were a third of of their actual Zaku supply on-site.
The hanger was cut into the ground to mask it's size. There's an entire second floor underground that can be rapidly deployed in an attack, and the mech bays on both floors are tightly packed to make up the difference..
It looked like there were about 70 Zakus, but the reality was 200.
A lot of those got shot up during our mad dash for safety. No clue how many are left.

Even if we hadn't blown a bunch of them up while we were leaving, and wrecked the hanger on top of it(Thank Chaostic for that. He fired that oversized cannon on the Virtue through a pair of Zakus and into the hanger while I was getting the YF-21 booted), they wouldn't have been enough to stop an assault. We've proven that in the past.

What we DIDN'T shoot up, though, was the "secondary" hanger. It's not visible from the surface at all, and they didn't have time to get it manned  in the few minutes between when I tore my cloak and when we got our asses out of there..
There's 50 Virgos on-site, retrofitted with G-Bit technology. And 400 Tauruses.
There's also a Virsago Gundam.

Had we launched an attack based on external appearances, the larger-than-expected Zaku force would've rapidly depleted our ammo, and the Virgos and Tauruses would have strolled  out about the time we finished with the Zakus.
It wouldn't have been pretty.

Especially since the G-Bit Virgos mean there's at least one newtype on-site. Probably the Virsago's pilot.

As for the research... it seems they're designing new weapons and mecha here, testing the prototypes in an underground firing range, then mailing the designs to another base by drone for production. There's a large test chamber underground, so they can do most of the testing underground without exposing their prototypes. Even on larger designs, as we'll be talking about shortly.

The mail drones are programmed to self-destruct if they see any unexpected mechs, so capturing them isn't likely.
BUT I have their most recent hardware designs in my PDA, so we don't need to!
Actually, I have the entire contents of their secure computer's hard drive, since I was in too much of a rush to pick and choose my files. Anyone need a copy of YMCA?

Unfortunately, the first file to catch my eye was titled  "Big Zam Kai Specs."

Features include:
50% more beam cannons than the original Big Zam, mounted on the underside of the shell to deter any mobile suits that try to get in close and abuse it from inside the I-field,
12 anti-mech missile launchers along the top shell(4 forward, 4 back, and 4 up),
a minovsky craft for greater mobility(not full flight capability due to limited space),
an armored shutter to protect the mega-particle cannon when not in use,
and an enhanced cooling system that removes the original's overheating problems.

It's more like a bastard-child of the Big Zam and Apsalus then a straight Big Zam upgrade.
It takes the best attributes of both machines(Big Zam's self-defense capacity and Apsalus' maneuverability and reliability) and fuses them into one design.

The status report says the design's about 70% complete. In it's current state, it's  absurdly top-heavy and pretty unstable, especially when using the main cannon. The minovsky craft eliminates the problem, but it has to be deactivated for the cannon to fire, so it's not a total solution.

Since they don't want to enlarge it further for a more powerful generator, they're revising it to add another pair of legs for stability.  And the extra legs requires them to retool the undercarriage, which requires them to rearrange the guts. So it's set development back quite a ways. It could be a few months before they have a usable prototype. That's one bright point in a pretty bleak piece of reading.

And no surprise appearance of the current prototype with a disabled main cannon. In pretty much the ONLY other piece of good news in there, they're tearing down and re-working the current proto into the 4-legged design instead of building a second one.

Freaking Gundam villains and their freaking super weapons... can't they fight an honest war with real soldiers?

There's also preliminary development on an AI drone, along the lines of UN Spacey's aborted Ghost X-9 project.
But that seems to be mainly for ferrying plans, so they don't have to blow them up so often. Seems they don't trust AI any more than I do, thankfully.

I quit reading after checking the Ghost and Big Zam Kai files. I figure whatever else they're working on couldn't top that
You're welcome to take a look at the full story. I don't need more nightmares.
*flips the PDA across the table*

Needless to say, we NEED to take this base out.
I'd say just turn it to glass with nukes and/or the X Divider Kai's satellite cannon, but that will only get the supply base. The actual research facility is buried pretty far. We'll have to storm it by blowing open some of the hidden access doors for supply trucks and getting prototypes outside for field tests.

I nabbed the floor plans for both parts of the base, so those should be a lot easier to find now that we know they exist and where to look for them.
Or I guess we could just wait until they start launching Tauruses and dive for that door.  But I'd rather not run INTO a hanger full of armed and operational mobile suits when there's an alternative.

If you don't need me anymore, I'll be hitting the medical bay. Get this laser burn on my arm treated and then take a nice long nap.
I need a shower, but it can wait 'till later.

By the way, as I'm supposed to be playing teacher....

Chaostic, that is EXACTLY why we send two people on recon missions. You saved my ass back there, and I owe ya one.

It's also a great example of how NOT to do infiltration.
Don't get in a rush. Pay careful attention to your surroundings, lest you blow your cover.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 313516 times) 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 88
Jump to: