aeon genesis guardian force

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11026 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 337754 times) 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 88

Re: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force
« Reply #825 on: December 07, 2007, 01:01:58 PM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 10:36:37 PM by Dsvaun »
Good news is the knife made a clean stab so it actually closed overnight.  I had to be on a machine to make sure I didn't suffocate, but I'm alive.  I made arrangements for some of the maintainance guys to work on it in case I'm ever OoC, but I'll need to do some of my own work to finish it.  The doc says I'll be fine provided I don't push it.  I should be able to finish the type 3 by either tonight or tommorow morning.  I'll try to get it ready by the operation.

Last nights events have reminded me why I never try to get a girlfriend.  I swear, if this crap happened in all normal relationships I'd probably be gay just to stay alive.

By the way Derek, any chance of letting me try that Blue Wing Special I've heard about sometime?
IP Logged

« Reply #826 on: December 07, 2007, 01:30:21 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Next time we're at Angel, ask Haruka for it. And don't mind her disclaimer, no one's ever ACTUALLY died or been otherwise permanently incapacitated from drinking the things. The formula for making it IS considered illegal in some regions, though.

And if you can make it through the first one without passing out, the second one is free. Most people don't make it to the third one.

As far as whether or not I'm OoC, that's entirely up to you. Medical threw a fit when they heard about my encounter, but the fact that I was still able to get through a battle against someone like Blue Luna without any further injuries calmed them down pretty quickly. It's your call.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #827 on: December 07, 2007, 01:37:39 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Does the Blue Wing Special have as much alcohol as the Pan Galactic Gargle-Blaster or something?

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #828 on: December 07, 2007, 01:54:14 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I tried that once. Too lightweight for my tastes.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #829 on: December 07, 2007, 05:06:26 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
For me it's academic anyway, I'm a teetotaler. I was just curious.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #830 on: December 07, 2007, 10:18:15 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Alright all time to discuss the plan

Now that we know his trap the attack will be simple

we will act in teams of two and each team will focus on a different group (Note: XXX means any unchosen pilot and () means any usable mech)

team 1--Sume Gai(Grungust T3) and Ianator(Gundam Exia)
Our target will be the the Gyan team and the Dogosse

team 2-Jaybee(YF-21) and XXX(Gundam Kyrios)
your Target will be the air corp(YF-11s and a YF-17S) and the Alexandria class

team 3-Chaostic(Gundam Virtue) and Poster X(R-gun)
this team will take out the Tierens and the Flag Custom along with a Salamis Kai

team 4-XXX() and XXX()
the final team will take on the Gaplants and Chaos along with the other Salamis Kai

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #831 on: December 07, 2007, 10:38:34 PM » by Dsvaun
Type 3 is ready.  I need booze.
IP Logged

« Reply #832 on: December 07, 2007, 11:53:50 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
YF-21's melee enhancements are complete as well. The beam sabers are ejected from a hidden compartment in the foreleg into the unit's hands. The sabers themselves are light-weight models that shouldn't interfere with your handling much, but they I haven't tethered them to the unit yet, so be careful. Their energy capacitor is also fairly limited (20 seconds, fully charged) and it'd take me a while longer to fit the 21's hands with power couplings, so I've programmed the OS to only ignite them directly before striking.

I've loaded the proper AI routines into the simulator. I suggest you try it out before the next mission and let me know if I need to make any improvements. You might need to rely on your Pinpoint Barrier system for parries.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #833 on: December 07, 2007, 11:58:32 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
I'll go. Just put me in the Strike.

IP Logged

« Reply #834 on: December 08, 2007, 12:09:03 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
If you guys want me, you know where to find me.

C'mon 'Vaun, I need to take these flasks back to Haruka anyway. I'll buy.

IP Logged

« Reply #835 on: December 08, 2007, 12:12:16 AM » by Dsvaun
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 12:25:06 AM by Dsvaun »
I'll either get a free Blue Wing or pass out on the first sip and Derek gets a free one.  Either way, I win.  Lets go.

I'll take team 4 when we get back.
IP Logged

« Reply #836 on: December 08, 2007, 02:46:17 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
*sighs*
This is why I prefer to be hands-on in the repair and modification process.

It's not that I don't appreciate all the effort you put in, but... there were reasons I specified that the sabers be mounted In the ARMS. I can't eject these in GERWALK mode, and they're extremely awkward to in battroid mode due to the location. release

Essentially, I have to take them out before combat starts. And once I do, I'm restricted to battroid and GERWALK until combat ends, because I can't put them away quickly. I have no use for anything that keeps my variable fighter out of fighter mode.

Same reason I think the GBP packages are a waste of perfectly good equipment budgets most of the time. They add a lot of armor and some BIG teeth, but you sacrifice all the advantages of a VF to do it.

I really am impressed that you got them installed that fast, though.

And for the love of....
*reverts OS to last backup*
DON'T MESS WITH MY CORE OS!!! EVER!!!
I'm sorry if I'm being excessively touchy about this point, but that thing's jacked directly into my brain. There's only a handful of people in the entire galaxy I trust anywhere near the programming port.

Just hook the hardware up to the system and tell the computer what it's looking at. Don't try to add behavioral patterns or anything. I do most of those in my head.

Sume Gai, I'd like to head out early to see if I can talk some sense into the VF squadron. I don't think they're really bad guys. They just have a crooked base commander. They've probably been fed false information about their target and who they're working with.

There's been some indicators of a disturbing amount of corruption in UN Spacey the last year or so. We think it may go all the way to the top.

We'll probably still wind up leveling a squadron, and the VF-11 has a quite functional auto-eject module, but I'd like to try anyways, if only for the commander's sake. The VF-17 eject system isn't NEARLY as robust.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #837 on: December 08, 2007, 07:14:51 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Actually, I'm quite aware that any changes to the BCS OS could ultimately result in us having one less pilot. I suppose I should've made it clear that I was talking about the modular OS programmed into the weapon. I wouldn't dare look at the YF-21's core programming, let alone make any modifications without your express consent and approval signed in triplicate.

My bad on the leg thing, though. I suppose I convinced myself there wasn't room in the arms unless we took out the mounted Mauler beam guns, and I know how you are with integrated weapons. Unless I...

...Okay, new plan. The saber mounts were designed for modularity, so one half hour with me and it'll be like they were never there in the first place. I'm thinking I could integrate the emitters into the arm cannons (or at least onto; the sabers are stealth too!) , so you could have a near-seamless transition from ranged to melee. There's no fancy ejection, so you don't have to worry about compatability with transformations - just a deadly ray of light that they'll never see coming. You could probably strafe a capital ship something fierce too (y'know, like a Sword Skygrasper?) . Just let me know if you want to go through with the addition; you may just want to go without the sabers for this next mission.

Sorry I'm so elaborate with this; I may be a top-notch close-quarters fighter, but engineering has always been my secret crush. Not to mention I always have to make up for my mistakes tenfold.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #838 on: December 08, 2007, 02:27:11 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
M'kay.
Sorry about flying off the handle there.
Now that we've got the computer issue straightened out...

I was thinking about tucking the sabers on the opposite side of the arm cannons actually. I'm pretty sure there's room in the transformation sequence to widen the arms just a tad, and if they're mounted there, they slide right out into my hands when ejected..
I DO like the ejection option because it gives me that much more flexibility(fire it from the wrist if I need a blade NOW, or drop it into the hands to get the extra range of motion a wrist joint provides).

Failing that, there's a location NEAR your current mount that'd work well. The panels hanging off the hips in battroid mode are always on the outside(they become the bottom of the plane in fighter mode), and they're pretty much dead space. Once we rig a retractor set up, I can ust drop the sabers and they'll slide back in while the panels scissor shut. But the retractor cable will still have to reel 'em in fast, lest I rocket off while they're still dangling loose.
And it's pointing out into clear air(in the general direction of my hands, even), so they're far less awkward to deploy.

I give up a bit of deployment speed, and the option to extend the blades while in stowage, but that may work.
I'm a bit worried about bungee damage with such a long cable, and I proably wouldn't want them deployed while firing from the FAST packs in that area(actually it may require a FAST pack modification to ensure there's an exit port), but...
Beam sabers are cheap, right? Doesn't much matter if I lose a few.

The gunpod stowage in the VF-17 was always a very large doubt I had about that particular design, though with all the integrated lasers, it wasn't ever a huge concern. Never got to fly one, though. Kind of a pity.

Out of character:
I'm looking at the line art here, for the record:
http://un-spacy-qmtdb.com/Macross%20Plus/Macross%20Plus%20Index.html 

'S basically a Macross-only MAHQ(guy was working on getting some better MAHQ pages for Macross stuff, then decided after all this work, he wanted it on his own site).
He has regular and FAST pack separated into 2 sections, but the YF-21 FAST packs are pretty subtle anyways. They clip onto the underbody panels/leg fins and the tail fins/arm shields.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #839 on: December 08, 2007, 02:46:07 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Jaybee I doubt that the YF pilots would pull out that easily, they are in the military and as far as the work is concerned it's a matter of pride

after all if you were injured we'd be in real trouble (your infiltrations rarely go as planed)

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

(Read 337754 times) 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 88
Jump to: