aeon genesis guardian force

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 757 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 330123 times) 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 88

Re: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force
« Reply #345 on: November 03, 2007, 10:06:01 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Let me talk to Ianator. I am the superior officer for the SRX team and he should have talked to me as well before taking the R-3. Don't worry, I have a good idea about what I want to do.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #346 on: November 03, 2007, 10:43:31 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:45:11 PM by Derek »
*Stops firing*

Fair enough. You can explain how close he came to testing Alex's gatling guns at point blank range. I'm gonna go give my report.

Oh, and you guys'll probably want to get those beam shot damages fixed. I'm a damn-near perfect shot with this thing, and low-grade beam damage is still beam damage.

Now, about my report. I was right about Kyris being occupied. I counted roughly two hundred suits total, about half of them being Doms, and the other half being comprised of a few Zakus, some Hizacks, Marasais, and about ten Zaku IIIs. Most of them are at their base camp near the town, but they seem to have a circulating patrol around and through the town, so collateral damage would be a very bad idea, to say the least.

And just to make things even better, there's a Dabude class battleship at their base camp, positioned in just such a way that they could fire just one volley from the starboard side and level half the town. Obviously, that makes our job even more difficult.

I think it's pretty obvious that the Dubude takes priority if we don't want to get this town completely leveled during the fighting. The trick is, though, that somewhere between thirty to forty of those suits are within firing range of the town at any given time. Statistically speaking, at least a few of those guys are gonna hold the town hostage once it becomes obvious that we're trying not to destroy it. That's gonna put us in a bad spot to be in during a firefight.

I'm not a big fan of the town itself, but I do know people who live there. If there's ANY way we can do this with absolutely zero civilian casulties, I'm all for it. Fortunately for us, despite Ianator's showing up and nearly getting my gun shoved through his cockpit, we weren't spotted. They have no idea that we were there. We've got time to think of something.

I have one idea, but...well. I want to hear if anyone's got something in mind before I try coming up with anything. So, do we have any suggestions?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #347 on: November 03, 2007, 11:09:47 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 11:19:32 PM by Andrew »
Ianator, we need to talk.  First, tell your teammates before you fly off on a mission. Second, Don't risk the primary combining part of the SRX while doing said mission. And third, when you do go on a mission, LISTEN TO THE GUY WHO OBVIOUSLY HAS MORE EXPERIENCE THAN YOU DO, ON THAT MISSION! Your punishment is to clean all the SRX units, including the R-Gun, by hand and I mean CLEAN. I want to see my face in the R-3's strike shields when you're done.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #348 on: November 03, 2007, 11:37:25 PM » by Dsvaun
If you want to avoid casualties, stealth is a must so I suggest waiting for the deathscythe to be ready before going off to the town.

In order to get to the ship without them noticing us we may need a distraction.  This may or may not include using Ianator as a decoy for them to shoot at.  Depends on the plan.

As for the actual plan, I don't really have one so I'll leave the details to Commander Gai.  These are just some suggestions for the next mission.
IP Logged

« Reply #349 on: November 03, 2007, 11:47:23 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
No QRaus?
*breathes a sigh of relief*

Dsvaun, I am INSULTED at your insinuation that the Deathscythe is our only stealth unit.

As for plans....
*pulls up Dabude specs*
Only 4 gun turrets? We're WORRIED about this?

Pre-fight setup. Fly the carrier out. Land a safe distance away, deploy the main force. They hike to just outside sensor range, and settle in. Flying units, stay low to the ground. Don't want anybody popping up on radar early.

I'm not in the main force. As our only high-stealth mech until Deathscythe is up again,  I'm the only unit on first strike. I leave before the carrier lands, FAST packs mounted.

With the active stealthy system maxed, I fly in solo.
That SHOULD let me get in range before  they notice me, especially with the gross inferiority of Gundamverse sensors.

First strike: I dump every missile I have onto their battleship. Wanna make darn sure I bust some of that pretty-looking armor. Besides, with all these minovsky particles, locking onto the battleship from max range means I'm basically gonna be carpet-bombing their camp, with a loose focus on the frickin' tank.
So I'll be sure to fire my laser cannons right at those pretty little slots in the armor for cannon elevation.

Soon as my missiles and their turrets are gone, I jettison the FAST packs and go to ground. I REALLY don't wanna be in the sky with (the surviving majority of) 200 angry mobile suits pointing guns at me. There won't be another target in the skies at that particular instant, but if I land they at least have to worry about friendly fire accidents. From there it's a knock-down drag-out brawl.

Main force: 
I want to time this so that the patrol is nearing our main force when all hell breaks loose at their base camp.
When I open fire, you guys jump out and rush them before they have a chance to sort out all the panicked comm chatter. Take 'em out fast, and head straight for the base, because I'm gonna need JUST A LITTLE help.

There's no way in hell they're expecting a solo fighter blitz on their base camp. It's insane, reckless, suicidal, and only a complete idiot would try it.
Fortunately, I'm a complete idiot with the most advanced aerial assault platform known to man.
That initial missile storm is gonna throw them into complete chaos, and buy us enough time to rip into their forces like so much tinfoil.

This sound good?
It removes the single biggest threat to the civilians immediately after the battle starts and leaves the enemy with very little time to even sort out what's going on, much less enact any sort of plan.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #350 on: November 03, 2007, 11:54:24 PM » by Dsvaun
I wasn't saying deathscythe was the only stealth unit.  I was directing that  conversation towards Derek.
IP Logged

« Reply #351 on: November 04, 2007, 12:10:50 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
The battleship was never a major worry as far as firepower went. Any one of us could probably fry the thing with two or three shots. The problem is, though, that doing so alerts the suits in town, and vice versa.

Personally, I agree with the both of you on a few points. The first one being that they really wouldn't expect a suicidal maniac to go up against an entire occupation force by themselves, and the second one being that 'Scythe would come in real handy right about now. JayBee's got the right idea for how to start things off, but unless we can cause some problems on both sides of the field, someone's gonna start taking potshots at buildings. Bad End.

So, now that we've got a few ideas out on the table, here's mine. It's pretty much just the other side to what JayBee's thinking, really.

'Vaun, I need you to get 'Scythe up and running as soon as humanly or inhumanly possible. Once we've got the absurd stealth capabilities that Deathscythe Hell has at our disposal, I can very easily just sneak into town with him, wait for my chance, and start disabling the suits in suitable ninja fashion. Hell, given enough time to get in there and get set up, I could probably get hold of my contacts in the town and start some sort of organized uprising, thus further disrupting the enemy forces and giving us a bit more breathing room. You guys hit the camp and play with the guys over there, and I take out the enemy forces inside the town.

Sound about right to you guys?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #352 on: November 04, 2007, 12:15:49 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Pity I'm not suited for urban ops. All that ninja'ing sounds like fun.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #353 on: November 04, 2007, 12:17:26 AM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Fun like a tightrope walk over a volcano. If I screw up even once, they're gonna start firing all through town trying to hit me.

IP Logged

« Reply #354 on: November 04, 2007, 01:07:23 AM » by Dsvaun
According to commander Gai, the earliest i can get it ready is Monday.  I'll see if I can make it any faster.
IP Logged

« Reply #355 on: November 04, 2007, 01:54:38 AM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
Good to hear the planning is underway; I like most of the ideas I'm hearing.

It turns out the person who gave me the Virtue is in that town. and he's recently developed an Exia model.  I' m hoping to  use this to our advantage.

In the interest of stealth we should bring as few units as possible and we plan on a muti-day operation.  I believe it would be best to limit our unit total to eight (and a spare pilot to use the Exia)

I  believe it'd be best to divide into four teams of two and JayBee (who will later join a team)

three teams will set up out side town with cameo nets and wait for the attack to begin (JayBee will be stationed with the team closest mto the enemy ship and join Derek's group when the fighting starts) and the Exia pilot and Derek (the 4th  team) will set up in town with the help of my contact. 

then in a simultaneous move all the teams will strike.  The first things to go will be the the ship and any enemies in town then we will advance on the base focusing our fire on their communications and  the higher ranked units (most likely the Zaku III's) if done correctly the enemy will be in total confusion and it should be a simple task to finish things

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #356 on: November 04, 2007, 02:04:53 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
Ianator, your punishment has been delayed. You don't have to clean the SRX units until after the operation. *chuckles darkly*

IP Logged

« Reply #357 on: November 04, 2007, 03:21:16 AM » by Tyria Mad Scientist, Division of Aberration Creation
Ouch...dammit...I don't belive I feel sleep once I returned...the cockpit is confortable and all, but IT WASNT'T MEANT TO BE SLEPT INTO!

By the way, Tyria reporing his return!

I'll be taking al shower, if anyone wants me, I'll be on the simulator training urbam warfare...
IP Logged

« Reply #358 on: November 04, 2007, 03:25:14 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
...Wait, what?

Sorry, guys. It's felt like so long since the last mission. When some of you guys passed me in the hall, ready to sortie out, I thought we'd detected enemy recon units scouting our defenses for an attack. I'll remember to check the mission roster more closely before I head out next time - I won't let this happen again.

On a lighter note, I'd like to make it up to you guys by assisting with some of the camouflage. Don't forget, the R-3's pretty compact when it's not being carried around by a big flying shoebox!

Seriously, though... I usually check the back-posts a little more carefully.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #359 on: November 04, 2007, 12:00:11 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Alright. I'm gonna pop back out there for a bit and see if I can get any more info on their movements and such. Who knows, I might just luck out and find some kind of totally exploitable crack in their armor, so to speak.

IP Logged

(Read 330123 times) 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 88
Jump to: