aeon genesis guardian force

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11025 Posts, 541 Topics, 767 Members, Latest Member: metalmight

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 336952 times) 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 88

Re: Aeon Genesis Guardian Force
« Reply #405 on: November 07, 2007, 08:20:30 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:27:50 PM by Andrew »
Phew... that was... *huff* crazy.

Seriously. Forget polishing my Strike Shields - they need to be banged back into shape! I actually had to pull out my plasma cutter a few times. R-3 was not meant for melee combat, I tells ya!

Now I swear there was a blue Zaku around here somewhere...

You don't have to do repair work. You will have to wash and wax the R-Units afterwards, though.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #406 on: November 07, 2007, 09:54:08 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
About the Double X; hold off for now.  I'd rather we find some GX bits

I'd suggest you focus on upgrades for now since we seem to be lacking in pilots. 

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #407 on: November 07, 2007, 09:55:06 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Just got word from Haruka, casualty count is officially zero. I'd say we pulled this one off perfectly, gang.

I'm gonna take the night off. I've got some reminiscing to do with my old subordinate over a whiskey on the rocks. If there's anything you need me for, it can wait till tomorrow. Night, gang.

Captain...Been so long since I heard her call me that...

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #408 on: November 08, 2007, 12:30:36 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I'm gonna hop in the sim and practice with the RGun.
I think I'm over-specializing. As much as I love them, Valks just aren't perfect for everything.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #409 on: November 08, 2007, 12:36:58 AM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
Alright, my mech is now secure onboard the Durageiz. Give me two hours and I'll shine up R-1's shield so well, you could blind an Einst with the reflection!

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #410 on: November 08, 2007, 03:01:58 PM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
*Checking out SRX units*

Wow, I can see my self. Good job Ianator.

My current inventory is: One transforming katana, one flight suit, one Caster, various Caster shells, one gallant (including stock and barrel) and an optimistic attitude.
IP Logged

« Reply #411 on: November 08, 2007, 03:55:56 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
What can I say? I like to pay back in spades. I'm sure one day, when I'm a grizzled old veteran, I'm going to look back on this and have a good laugh.

Until then, though, I'm just glad I didn't royally screw the mission over.

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #412 on: November 08, 2007, 04:48:40 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 08:19:20 PM by Derek »
Okay, I'm back on the clock. Sorry about the abruptness of that night off, guys, but you all know how it goes. Meet an old friend, eliminate an occupation force, go out for a few drinks afterwards. I'm entitled to that just as much as anyone else.

Anyway, I headed out early this morning to go check up on that rumor Corsair heard about, since we didn't have time before the operation. Turns out, he was pretty spot on with it. The warehouse in question is about three kilometers south of base, nestled in a small forested area near where the river runs past. The place itself is small and totally abandoned, and holds the remains of about four Goufs, one of them about mostly intact and the other three in various states of not so intact, as well as the various weapons and gear for them all.

So really, we've got a free Gouf and parts for it plus other random supplies, seeing as how the place was totally abandoned. The only thing guarding the place was a very basic autogun security system with an alarm that would, ironically, alert our base that someone was trying to swipe things. Naturally, I took care of that in a way that would completely avoid any unnecessary destruction.

It's amazing what a simple On/Off can do. So as long as no one's dumb enough to trip that when they go pick the stuff up, you're fine.

Anyway, now that I've got that marked off the list, I'm gonna go start looking over the gear that JayBee got from that transport. If you hear any major alarms go off, that's probably why. Have fun driving out and picking that gear up, guys.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #413 on: November 09, 2007, 02:19:28 AM » by Corsair Space pirate?
(shoot, i'm gone for one day and i miss all the action. I even had my faTHWHOOOOOOOOOOOM sound effect for firing a slug out of my overcompensator cannons)

Anyway, i'm going to snag one of the gou'fs heat rods and fix 'er to the canoons. Any solid slugs become superheated and occasionally liquify in midair. This more or less prevents any shrapnel from damaging nearby friendly units and since it doesn't armorpeirce it's relatively safe to use against enemy MS's without having to hold back aiming away from the cockpit. Of course you might ahve to pry the guy out afterwards, but it's a helluva lot safer than driving a beam sabre through the torso.

Problem is,  there's still a *little* bit of splash, and this stuff will just eat through a good bit of any normal armor reliably. Where this becomes an issue is when you're firing into friendly range and somebody's joints get fused. it wouldn't take much. Of course this really only applies to old fashioned iron and lead slugs (even if they are the size  of your arm). newer composite materials will just get really hot and become more dangerous to use if you're trying to keep your enemy pilot from..you know. giving up the ghost.

Since the manufacture of such a cannon is relatively simple, given the proper facilities, I could rig most anyone up with one of these things...provided i ahve the proper parts. Now that I know the mechanics of the heat rod, any heat related weapon parts will do the trick. A zaku's hatchet/axe for example.

This works best for large slugs, not smaller ones, as would be used in a vulcan. that would be too dangerous for the user.

As far as other potential technologies go, that machete lookin' sabre that the gouf uses is actually quite effective. I've tuned it up so it hits a higher vibration frequency that will cut just about as well as a beam sabre, but uses about half of the energy. Of course it *weighs* more, but this is war and it's not like we have infinite resources at our disposal. Damaged mechs can be repaired, but they won't be pretty. You can think of that replacement part as a battle scar!

Whatever the case, I freely admit that my value as a soldier isn't the greatest. my real talent lies in repair and upgrades. I thnk i'd be more useful to the force as a greasemonkey.

Custom parts, should you desire them, i'll be more than willing to supply. just give me your salvage, tell me what you want done to your weapon of choice and ill do the best i can. Again, it migh not be pretty, but i feel confident that when you see that enemy MS's armor flayed to ash, you'd be lying if you told me you didn't get a kick out of it.

'cause while your stock machines are nice, and there are a few here i doubt i could do much to improve, there's always room for a little customization. All the big players from wars past have had personalized, tweaked up one-of-a-kind mobile suits...why not you?

METAL.
IP Logged

« Reply #414 on: November 09, 2007, 02:40:53 AM » by Andrew The Dragon Knight
I wonder if you can do something with the R-1's Assault knife. It's good and all, but very weak.

IP Logged

« Reply #415 on: November 09, 2007, 04:10:00 AM » by Corsair Space pirate?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 04:14:22 AM by Corsair »
I wonder if you can do something with the R-1's Assault knife. It's good and all, but very weak.

well just to show i'm not bluffing, i've got a couple of models here to flaunt:
(Both drawn in mspaint. i'm rather proud of myself,actually)

I've made one of these so far.
and...

I've made two of these.

have a gander. If your machine can handle the added weight, I could probably rig you up with the heat sabre. I don't know the exact specs of your MS, but i see no reason why it wouldn't be able to. The expenditures are higher tha your combat knife, but as long as you don't overuse the sabre you oughtta be fine. I'll work on the knife in the meantime and see if i can't do something with it using these gouf parts. all i ahve at my disposal at the moment are a couple more heat rods, but that gives me a terriffic idea...

(if anyone wants one of these i can make a little card kinda like those above. it might take me a minute or two to get to your request, but i'll do it as long as I don' get swamped. take in mind this isn't exclusive to weapons. you can also request armor plates, improved thrusters, or basically any part as long as it's been salvaged. I can't work with what I don't have ;))

METAL.
IP Logged

« Reply #416 on: November 09, 2007, 01:41:21 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
Well, THAT was fun.

Gotta love Bask's idea of thanking people for their help. There was a tactical nuke mixed in with all the gear on that transport, large enough to completely level everything in a kilometer and a half radius around Kyris, if it had been used. I made a point of disabling the control mechanism as soon as I saw it, along with checking the rest of it for any remote activation circuits. All clear on that end, thank Luna. The bastard seriously intended on having this place wiped off the map when they left.

Other than that, the rest of the gear is just parts and ammo and stuff. I did find that sensor equipment for the Dubude, too. Looks like it was all pretty basic stuff, really.

Well, it was all pretty basic *cargo*, anyway. As everyone knows, loot is not always limited to just what you can steal out of the hold. I have to thank JayBee for indeed showing his restraint when he brought the transport down, as it allowed for the cockpit to be almost completely undamaged in the struggle, which in turn allowed us to get our hands on it's nav computer. I spent some time going over it, and I'm proud to say I've gotten pinpoints of approximately four enemy supply bases of varying sizes in the rest of the La Meina territory here, and even more important than that, I found something else.

There's a mining operation in the mountain range near the center of this territory that, judging from the size of it, serves as the main command center for all of La Meina's operations. If we can take it out, we'll not only cripple their entire hold on the region, but we'll be doing damage to their infrastructure as well, since it looks like a pretty big mining op.

I looked over the map and compared it with the locations of the bases. It doesn't look like trying to just charge in and take the mines is any kind of intelligent at all, so we're gonna have to take care of the other bases in the area first. And if Bask is indeed the one controlling this region, he won't just sit by as we pick off his forces bit by bit, so we can probably expect an attack at some point as well.

It looks to me like the southeastern most supply base is the weakest link in the chain. Smallest one, farthest from the others, and probably where the transports shipped out from. It'd probably be smart of us to hit that one first, but I don't want to speak for everybody. Anyone want to toss in anything?

IP Logged

« Reply #417 on: November 09, 2007, 02:34:32 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Corsair, don't sell yourself short.
You were pretty useful last time.

I looked over the map and compared it with the locations of the bases. It doesn't look like trying to just charge in and take the mines is any kind of intelligent at all...
But it's so FUN!

Ah well.... What's the first target look like? I'd hate to fly in expecting clear skies and run right into a curtain of anti-aircraft fire.

Sorry about the nuke, BTW. Thought I'd screened the crates better than that.
But at least I  I left the stuff outside instead of dragging it back into the hanger where they could gut our shiny new battleship.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #418 on: November 09, 2007, 02:53:35 PM » by Sume Gai AGGF Master
I'm afraid I'll be gone for a few days; I have to go on a mission alone and move fast and stealthily so I'm taking the Exia. (no one better mess with the X divider while I'm gone, or else)

I should return Sunday or Monday, depending on how many enemies I have to get by.

Until I return Derek, you and JayBee are in charge, I want some recon done on the two weakest bases in the area.     

If you are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve  -Captain Harlock
IP Logged

« Reply #419 on: November 09, 2007, 03:02:08 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
I'm afraid I'll be gone for a few days; I have to go on a mission alone and move fast and stealthily so I'm taking the Exia. (no one better mess with the X divider while I'm gone, or else)
Okie-dokie.

*hides the big bucket of yellow paint and smiley-face stencil*

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 336952 times) 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 88
Jump to: