progress news ~ i'm going to leave a quick before and after here.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ I'm going to leave a quick before and after here.

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11013 Posts, 536 Topics, 756 Members, Latest Member: NicholasN6

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 34122 times) 1 2 [3]

Re: Progress News ~ I'm going to leave a quick before and after here.
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 05:39:42 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
He won't. He picks up games he's interested in playing himself, after all.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 07:55:39 PM » by artician
The answer is... You cannot "buy" a project's completion.
While donations are nice, they do not eliminate real-world obstacles.

That's the polite answer.

You sound offended, and that wasn't my intention.  I'm a huge Ys fan.  I'm also a professional in the game industry and am gainfully employed and used to using my monetary income to employ others.  As someone who has played every other game in the series, I have wanted the Ys 5 translation to be completed for (what feels like, and might even be) 10 years now.

Because I have the money and the means, I'm willing to facilitate the completion of this project.  I'm not rich, I'm under a huge budget and technically unemployed, but I have enough savings and understanding of the medium and industry that I thought I would offer to help.  Blame my passion for the series and impatience, but I am only trying to help.

Thanks.
IP Logged

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 12:32:22 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I appreciate the offer, I really do, but I cannot in good conscience take money in exchange for work on a game I do not own the rights for. This is why on the donations page I specify that they're only for already-completed work, and should be considered as a general, game-agnostic "thank you." It may be a fiddly little detail, but it's a morality thing for me.

Besides, as has already been stated, I am working full-time AND studying full-time for a CS degree. I do not have much in the way of free hours, and Ys 5 is *NOT* a simple hack. I spend most of my time these days exhausted and frustrated (not to mention sick! I've been fairly ill for the last several weeks.) Empty hours are few and far between, and I try to spend them doing something relaxing. Hacking Ys is not relaxing. Rest assured that it hasn't been abandoned! I just don't have the energy to pour into tough games these days. (Hence the recent JoJo's Bizarre Adventure announcement - game is so, so easy to work with. It's a very nice change of pace.)

Also, apologies, this was supposed to go out with the JoJo announcement. But Comcast decided that they were going to "upgrade" their "services" as I was typing this message, so it ended up delayed an hour. Joy. At least they could have notified us that they were going to be doing maintenance...

IP Logged

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 02:19:40 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
You sound offended, and that wasn't my intention. 
Not mine either.
I'm aware I tend to come off as angry, irritated, or offended when I'm not, but have never found a way to fix the problem outside of directly stating my emotional status in my text like some sort of robot.

I was actually attempting to stave off potential flames by replying swiftly(not that the board's all that active these days). While it may not've been your intention, that post was basically a lightning rod for drama.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 04:33:57 PM » by Nejisa
Mmmm...

Well, here i am again. I really don´t know what else to say since i have already post over and over again always asking for the same thing: is there any progress on this?

I know you have already said that whe should not consider a project to be dead if you don´t say so, but i just want to know if there is still any hope for this game to be released at least this year XD

Thank you and sorry for being so persistent, it is just that this girl is in love with this series :D
IP Logged

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2013, 02:05:37 PM » by Hiken
So, you said that you were studying full-time for your CS degree and working full-time. Well, I've seen on twitter that you've finally got your CS degree. Congratulations! But that now leaves a question: now that you're done with CS, will we be seeing ys 5 anytime in the future? Been waiting for your hack for at least four years by now, and I'd love to hear if my waiting time is finally coming to an end, or at least coming closer to it than before.
IP Logged

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2013, 11:23:02 PM » by Fugsnarf
I must say how excited I am just to know that this project even exists. I'm a huge Ys fan, and this is the last Ys game I need to beat to complete the series. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they'll be remaking Ys 5 any time soon... and even if they did we aren't guaranteed an English release.

I know this is a tough translation project, but I wish you the best and hope you can get it completed! It means a lot to me and all Ys fans to finally have the series complete. I check in all the time just to see if there are any Ys 5 updates ;)
IP Logged

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2013, 10:22:05 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
All I'll say for now is that it'll get done, eventually. But as I mentioned in the SMT if... thread, my focus right now is on finding a new apartment so I don't end up homeless in about a month's time, and job worthy of my new degree that can help me pay my bills.

IP Logged

(Read 34122 times) 1 2 [3]
Jump to: