makai toushi saga translated!

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Makai Toushi SaGa translated!

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10949 Posts, 520 Topics, 749 Members, Latest Member: nabycoremy

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5236 times) [1]

Makai Toushi SaGa translated!
« on: May 30, 2011, 03:06:53 AM » by azidahaka
from romhacking.net

"Makai Toushi SaGa is actually Final Fantasy Legend’s real Japanese name. Nowadays in the US when people talk about Makai Toushi SaGa, they’re referring to the WonderSwan Color remake of Final Fantasy Legend. In the year of 2002, Squaresoft decided to re-release Makai Toushi SaGa for the WonderSwan Color (Game Boy Advance’s petty competition in Japan). However, that is not all they did! They totally renovated the game and upgraded its quality to something more on the lines of the Super Nintendo.

Sadly, since the WonderSwan Color was not released in the US, Makai Toushi SaGa never saw the light of North American day. However, in March 2011 (9 years after Makai Toushi’s SaGa’s release!) Tower Reversed released the finished English translation for the game! SaGa fans rejoiced!

By fans for fans, this is a complete English translation for Makai Toushi SaGa on the WonderSwan Color, thanks to the efforts by Tower Reversed."

this was one of the trans i was waiting for from gid along to the now seemingly forgotten Romancing SaGa 2 (what's up with it? it was translated 100% in 2008!)... it seems it's not so perfect nor good... the author says that the translation is quite imperfect due to his low knowledge of japanese and is expecially bad in-battle.

what i wonder is if gid will keep it in his to be translated list or not. i could wait for a better trans if gid will make it...

IP Logged

Re: Makai Toushi SaGa translated!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 05:25:20 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Historical note: The Wonderswan Color was BEFORE the GBA.

The Wonderswan is actually in large part why Nintendo got off their ass and made a successor to the original Gameboy.

The Wonderswan and NeoGeo Pocket hit, Nintendo started actually losing market share(mostly to the 'swan, which I believe peaked at about 10-15% market share).
Nintendo counterattacked with a quick color hack to the GameBoy.
Bandai and SNK both responded with quick color hacks of their own.

The GameBoy Color stabilized the situation long enough for Nintendo to develop the GameBoy Advance without becoming irrelevant in the interim. 
SNK went bankrupt at about that time, and Bandai was lazy about updating the Swan in response, and Nintendo restored their monopoly until the PlayStation Portable  showed up.

Say what you will about SCE, but I respect that there's competition in the handheld market again.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 01:44:27 AM » by azidahaka

The Wonderswan is actually in large part why Nintendo got off their ass and made a successor to the original Gameboy.

The Wonderswan and NeoGeo Pocket hit, Nintendo started actually losing market share(mostly to the 'swan, which I believe peaked at about 10-15% market share).

The GameBoy Color stabilized the situation long enough for Nintendo to develop the GameBoy Advance without becoming irrelevant in the interim. 
SNK went bankrupt at about that time, and Bandai was lazy about updating the Swan in response, and Nintendo restored their monopoly until the PlayStation Portable  showed up.

Say what you will about SCE, but I respect that there's competition in the handheld market again.

those were words pasted from romhacking.net.

i consider wsc and neo geo pocket as 2 wonderful machine far more advanced than anything nintendo had out for sale at the time.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 08:34:58 AM » by Killmore Insta-death spell level 2.

those were words pasted from romhacking.net.

i consider wsc and neo geo pocket as 2 wonderful machine far more advanced than anything nintendo had out for sale at the time.

Yeah, no kidding. My GBC didn't even last 4 years when it's speaker gave up the ghost. At least it saw a few good titles during it's lifetime.

And yes, it's good to see someone actually give a damn about SaGa fans outside of Japan for once. The last time we've seen an official release was with The Last Remnant and I have little doubt that had it kept SaGa in it's title it too would've suffered the same fate as the two DS remakes of 2 & 3.
IP Logged

(Read 5236 times) [1]
Jump to: