what'sgoing on with megami tensei transl.?

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: What'sgoing on with Megami Tensei transl.?

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 743 Members, Latest Member: brbrafns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5782 times) [1]

What'sgoing on with Megami Tensei transl.?
« on: September 24, 2011, 06:04:25 AM » by Kurgan
I didn't know if anyone has noticed it, but does anyone knows what is happening with Megami Tensei translation? It was said to be released in 25.th december back in 2009, but pushed back because of some gamebreaking translation glitches, and now almost full 2 years have passed, and no word about the glitches or what is happening. C'mon, let the cat out of bag. Can anyone shed any light on this?
IP Logged

Re: What'sgoing on with Megami Tensei transl.?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 03:12:21 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
As I understand things, the original game is glitchy as hell, and that's holding things up.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 06:34:28 PM » by Kendaichi
Yeah, the translation was delayed in the first place due to "several extraordinarily nasty bugs".

I remember some weeks back there was an IRC channel where Gideon explained the progress of some projects. I wasn't able to join, though I do remember that there was a discussion on Megami Tensei.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 07:14:44 PM » by jammermon
Yeah, the translation was delayed in the first place due to "several extraordinarily nasty bugs".

what kinds of nasty bugs?
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:28:55 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Mostly? The expansion code caused the map data to overwrite itself with a glitchy replacement.

IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 05:47:50 AM » by jammermon
so basically its saying "fuck you"?
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 06:04:04 PM » by Demonix
I dunno if this would help but if they still have a record of the translations they could transfer it to the remake called Kuyyaku for the super famicom. i dunno if it will take more or less time in the end though.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 10:42:22 AM » by KingMike
I thought I remember Gideon saying he'd like to see the Famicom original translated.
But I think he said he would prefer Kyuuyaku over MT2 (though I don't think he ever said he had any intent to work on either).
IP Logged

(Read 5782 times) [1]
Jump to: