long time no see, gid

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Long time no see, Gid

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10987 Posts, 530 Topics, 743 Members, Latest Member: brbrafns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5375 times) [1]

Long time no see, Gid
« on: January 14, 2012, 08:55:15 PM » by Kagekaze
As I live and breath.  Looks like you've been quite active and doing well for yourself here.  I'm glad to see that.  Not sure if you'll recall me, we used to talk abit on the old ICQs.  Gosh I think I even remember my old ID#.  What amuses me further is that the one project I actually contributed in some form (Dezaemon FC) was listed as the random project when I came on to register.  Fancy that ^^.

Well, it's only been recently that I've gotten back into Emulation (it seems to come and go in phases) and thus translation patching, so I had to check up on one of my favorite translation sites. :)  Wanted to say keep up the good work and hope that all goes well with you, friend.

Kagekaze

youtube.com/user/Rurounikage
IP Logged

Re: Long time no see, Gid
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 04:29:18 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I totally remember you, though I'd be lying if I said I remembered much more than that. You seemed pretty cool, though! And I was kind of a dork back then.

Welcome back!

IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 04:39:39 PM » by Kagekaze
Hehe, there's not much else to remember I'd say.  Used to talk about Front Mission and such when you were working on Gun Hazard.

Also, I think we were all kind of dorks back then ;)

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 04:47:34 PM » by Kagekaze
Y'know.. truthfully I think I'm still kind of a dork now!  :D

For instance, I wasn't much of a translator then when I did Dezaemon and I'm still not one when trying to do Sengoku BASARA (check your translation board for that one).

Oh well, geek is as geek does...  or some other such witty remarks that might make me sound more cool.

>.>
<.<
-.-;

IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 07:30:13 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I dunno, I don't really consider myself to be much of a dork anymore. My opinions back then were largely influenced by the company I kept (not just you) and were largely uninformed and taken in hope of acceptance. I'm not at a point where many of my opinions are much more well-informed, are more my own than other peoples', and are opinions that others look up to and emulate. I'm more a leader than a follower, I guess.

Kind of funny when I put it that way...

Where are you based out of? I'm going to be at PAX East this April; there'll be a news announcement about this pretty soon, 'cuz it's going to be freaking sweet.

IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 08:40:17 AM » by Xcetron
I dunno, I don't really consider myself to be much of a dork anymore. My opinions back then were largely influenced by the company I kept (not just you) and were largely uninformed and taken in hope of acceptance. I'm not at a point where many of my opinions are much more well-informed, are more my own than other peoples', and are opinions that others look up to and emulate. I'm more a leader than a follower, I guess.

Kind of funny when I put it that way...

Where are you based out of? I'm going to be at PAX East this April; there'll be a news announcement about this pretty soon, 'cuz it's going to be freaking sweet.
Are you still working on Majin Tensei Gideon? Also are you planning on anything Shin Megami Tensei related for future translations?

/watch?v=65oZZbt_WXU
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 07:22:14 PM » by Kagekaze
I think it makes a lot of sense when you put it that way, Gid.  :)  Sounds like you're doing alright.

I am currently in Florida, a lot of issues forced me to move back with family.  Sadly, I've never been to a PAX event or any other major forum like it.  Ends up being hard to get time away and justify expenses, which is really a shame.  I hope you have fun out there, I've heard good things about PAX and I've always had respect for Jerry Holkins & Mike Krahulik.

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 09:02:00 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
Just was wondering how you are doing Gid since I haven't seen any posts by you lately. I finished Alpha Gaiden a little while ago and I enjoyed it greatly. I am replaying it now and I am going to take the opposite paths and try to see the medium and easy endings.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 10:52:35 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
There will be an update (and a release) soon; hopefully within the next week or so. Accompanying it will be an explanation of why the site's been so quiet lately. For now, suffice it to say that I've just been really, really, really busy.

IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 11:38:52 PM » by Sakura77 Lost Newtype Child
I was just wondering because usually you post something every couple of weeks or so. I hope you are doing well and have a good week or so until update.

Things can always get worse...
IP Logged

(Read 5375 times) [1]
Jump to: