so i just got touch detective 2 1/2.

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: So I just got Touch Detective 2 1/2.

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 3152 times) [1]

So I just got Touch Detective 2 1/2.
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:22:50 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I'm at the end of Part 1 of the second episode, and I'm quite enjoying it. It doesn't seem like it's going to be a very long game, but it's quite charming. The puzzles are solid and fair, though I've never been stuck for more than a few minutes, and the characters are wonderful. Now I need to find me a copy of the first one :/

The only real gripe I have with it is that it suffers some from the "talk-to-person-X-to-progress-the-plot" syndrome, which a good point-and-click shouldn't have. The first episode was pretty heavy on this. The second is too, though the play area is much smaller by comparison (at least so far) so it's easier to keep track of everyone.

IP Logged

Re: So I just got Touch Detective 2 1/2.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 12:52:41 AM » by Osairis
Over in my area, I found a lot of copies of the game used with the box in tact. :( I doubt you live in California so you can't just come down to pick it up. Though, I'm glad you enjoy the game. My girlfriend wants to play the game too, although she didn't like the silly mysteries in the first one. (I believe she was angered that one of the quests involve recovering someone's dreams?) She was so excited about Pheonix Wright that she wanted something similar, but Touch Detective has mysteries far more different than murder cases and theft. Yet..She wants to continue the mystery solving.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 01:35:57 AM » by Zaratus
I too was sort of disappointed in the first game.  I doubt I'll pick up the second.  I forget how far I played in the first, I remember an ice rink...  I forget if I finished that case. 

I usually like point-and-click type games, I just didn't particularly care for Touch Detective.  I just sort of got bored with it, it didn't keep me interested at all.  And I'm generally not that picky with storylines to begin with. 

On the other hand, I'm definitely picking up Phoenix Wright 3.  And the fourth game whenever that comes out.  And I probably should pick up Hotel Dusk sooner or later, I forgot all about that one, and I heard it's really good.  I liked Trace Memory as well. 
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 06:10:31 AM » by AuraBattler
Looking at GameRankings, I noticed that the sequel got better reviews.  The original probably isn't worth playing, 'cause of the mediocre ranking, 64%.

Adios...
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 11:38:20 PM » by Osairis
I too was sort of disappointed in the first game.  I doubt I'll pick up the second.  I forget how far I played in the first, I remember an ice rink...  I forget if I finished that case. 

I usually like point-and-click type games, I just didn't particularly care for Touch Detective.  I just sort of got bored with it, it didn't keep me interested at all.  And I'm generally not that picky with storylines to begin with. 

On the other hand, I'm definitely picking up Phoenix Wright 3.  And the fourth game whenever that comes out.  And I probably should pick up Hotel Dusk sooner or later, I forgot all about that one, and I heard it's really good.  I liked Trace Memory as well. 

Phoenix Wright 3 is good. By far the best in the Phoenix trilogy. The 4th game received its English title recently and it's called Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 01:32:47 PM » by Ian Kelley
Phoenix Wright 3 is good. By far the best in the Phoenix trilogy. The 4th game received its English title recently and it's called Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

I dunno, I like the first one best, the final case was awesome. Too much supernatural mumbo-jumbo in the third one for me, though Miyanagi Chinami is the series' best villain by far. And getting to do a trial as Mitsurugi was pretty cool.

#4 was...ehhh, the weakest one so far IMO. The "watch people for nervous ticks" system was kind of dumb and Hosuke is not nearly as cool a main character as Naruhodo. Plus there are virtually no returning characters at all, save Naruhodo and a tiny cameo by Inspector Itonoko in a flashback. :(
IP Logged

(Read 3152 times) [1]
Jump to: