major release news ~ dungeon hacking in cave noire

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Dungeon Hacking in Cave Noire

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 746 Members, Latest Member: patriccrds01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 9008 times) [1]

Major Release News ~ Dungeon Hacking in Cave Noire
« on: February 14, 2012, 10:32:22 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
This was a small project that was supposed to take a week at most, and ended up taking more than a month! But it´s done, thanks to EsperKnight and a host of folks each helping out with tiny bits of text. Cave Noire is loosely a roguelike; you have a limited inventory, a limited set of items, and enemies that hit very hard. It´s almost more of a puzzle game, about learning to dodge enemies rather than grinding levels and plowing through them. It´s completely translated, too; hope you enjoy it!
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Dungeon Hacking in Cave Noire
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 05:01:05 PM » by Fading_Dragon
Thank you so much for this translation, I like Rouge-like games so i'm sure this will be awesome! :)
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 10:13:54 AM » by Farlight
Excellent translation Gid!   Much appreciation and many thanks!

I got addicted to this last night and finished to around lv 5-6 on each quest.   Nice little rogue-like.   Think I like hunting gold or rescuing faires the best :)

I was trying to find the purpose for 'orbs' but it doesn't seem that there is one other than collecting them for the orb quest.

Nice FAQ for this game over at GameFAQs  http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/569669-cave-noire/faqs

(That's awesome news about Star Ocean BS!!!  I've been looking forward to that one for some time)
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:25:51 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
The only point to orbs is to take up inventory space, yeah. They serve no useful function except to clutter your inventory, where space continues to get increasingly cramped at the higher levels of the orb fetcher quests. It can be really nasty later on.

IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 07:07:21 AM » by orbspost
Orbs will tell you if there is another orb on the current floor. A word balloon with an orb icon will pop up over your head, or a sword or shield icon if they are around somewhere. Useful if you find the stairs first because you can know if you'll miss anything or not by leaving. You can use them as often as you'd like; they don't get consumed.
IP Logged

(Read 9008 times) [1]
Jump to: