progress news ~ srw alpha + last pax reminder

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Progress News ~ SRW Alpha + Last PAX Reminder

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10945 Posts, 520 Topics, 742 Members, Latest Member: Peyton

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 11882 times) [1]

Progress News ~ SRW Alpha + Last PAX Reminder
« on: April 03, 2012, 11:57:45 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Quick note, thanks to veteran translator _Bnu (who some of you may know!) SRW Alpha´s animated battle sequence dialog has been fully translated. The big remaining untranslated pieces at this point are the robot and character encyclopedias, which are about 200K apiece. Antialias is still plugging away at the main dialog, and is probably about 1/3 of the way through it. Alpha has an ungodly amount of text though, so it´ll still probably take a good long while.

Secondly, regarding PAX East - this is the last reminder I´ll be posting before the event. But I actually have some details this time! We´re going to be showing off current SRW Alpha progress as well as an SRW Alpha Gaiden gag reel save. We´re also going to be showing off current prototype work on a long-dormant project, an unannounced SNES puzzle game, and an unannounced SNES RPG which a lot of you have been asking about for quite a few years. Excellen (who you´ll know as Alpha Gaiden´s translator) will be there, as will Niahak (another translator) and MathOnNapkins (Zelda 3 editor author.) Niahak will be showing of a Suikogaiden translation as well as a new version of JESUS: Tale of the Dreadful Biomonster. This is going to be happening at 11AM on Saturday in the Classic Console Freeplay Room for (roughly) an hour and a half, so if you´re in the area, feel free to stop in and say hello! All games will be running on their original hardware, and I should have playable versions of many released hacks and translations, as well as a few playable versions of unreleased stuff. Rejoice and Ladystalker, anyone?

See you at the show!
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Progress News ~ SRW Alpha + Last PAX Reminder
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 12:53:53 AM » by gamerk2
...Its going to be a good year this year for us SRW fans.  I feel it!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:05:13 AM » by KingMike
Can't come, halfway across the country.
But I await news afterwards.

An SNES puzzle game... hope I'm not duplicating effort here.
An unannounced SNES RPG asked for by the members here. Well then that's probably not something I'm working on or plan to. :)
(and I've one guess what that could be, but I won't try to spoil your surprise reveal.)
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 11:26:06 PM » by SailorCallie
The characters' names should be worked on as well.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 11:19:40 AM » by ali147
good day to all the team and the great fans who done  what
i  believed was Impossible..
i know you must  already   heard what i am about to write below... but i think that i need to say it so i can fell good inside   ....
i would like to  thank you all for your amazing work that bring happiness  to my  heart , as srw fan (mazinger z love for every) playing srw games was the only way i could play with my favorite super robot but the games were Japaneses and my happiness was not  completed only after i saw your work , after i I knew the story of the game and what the heroes were taking about ( kouji and tetsuya talke  in srw alpha gaiden)i felt  that i am not Alon in my love for super robots and there is a lot of people who put time and more to bring  and share with other  fans what they all love ...
in the end i love you all and wish for you all the happiness in live
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 01:35:17 PM » by 100Migi
First of all, thanks so much on starting this SRW Alpha project and getting all the battle scenes done! I just want to know how is the translations now. Hope it's getting to 100% Completion!
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 06:40:30 PM » by jolly_old_saint
I'm still editing the script (as far as I know, it's down to just me checking everything). Trying to speed things up lately, but don't expect anything too soon - even when it's done, I'm sure it'll take a while to test and bugfix everything. Shooting to finish up the script in a few months, but then, that's what I thought a couple years ago...so who knows. Feeling into it again, though, so that's good! Though I did make some dumb mistakes along the way with how I did things early on, so I aim to do another quicker pass before passing it forward. Also to figure out if anyone who was supposed to be checking my edits is still around...probably not.

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 05:56:05 AM » by jvgn64
Hello n_n

I have being following this proyect since 2010 XD SRW Alpha is my favorite of all time.

I really want to help but I don know how so I'm here showing my support.

You can do it guys! You are my heroes! You are the Best!

Thanks for SRW Alpha Gaiden hack. It was amazing play trough it.
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 01:20:34 PM » by ulieq
Hope you're still alive...be a long time : )
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 09:40:04 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Still alive, but it'll be a while longer before there's anything to really share. Go play SRWV, it's great ovo

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

(Read 11882 times) [1]
Jump to: