assault suit valken

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: Assault Suit Valken

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 4535 times) [1]

Assault Suit Valken
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:39:23 PM » by KingMike
I noticed a Japanese Virtual Console release a few weeks ago.
Something-something-Valken/Vulcan by Hudson Soft.

Today it is revealed it IS ASV.
But if it ever came here, they'd probably put Cybernator since it's the official English version. :(
IP Logged

Re: Assault Suit Valken
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:09:29 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
The only game I've ever seen where the US version only improved on the JP one was MLB Power Pros. And that's REALLY recent. (Also, check it out. Is good. >_>)

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 10:28:08 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
The only game I've ever seen where the US version only improved on the JP one was MLB Power Pros. And that's REALLY recent. (Also, check it out. Is good. >_>)

Rogue Galaxy US added a bunch of things and fixed a bunch of gripes the JP fans had. It was then rereleased in Japan, a-la FFX International Edition, with the US improvements in it.

For that matter, the Emerald and Ruby Weapons weren't in FF7 JP, but I think there were enough other weirdnesses in FF7 US that the additions hardly matter much in the overall scheme of things :p

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 12:08:12 AM » by Bastard king Seriously? Dood!
Kingdom Hearts also got Sephiroth, Kurt Zisa, and the Night on Bald Mountain battle music against Chemabog.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 12:47:36 AM » by Osairis
:P I consider the American Goofy Voice in Kingdom Hearts to be a vast improvement as well. I really disliked the Goofy voice over in Japanese. It's one of the things I can talk to a person who loves Japanese voice acting and tell them that it's not only the English voice overs that butcher voices.

As for MLB Power Pros? I love that game to death. It's funny to see baby versions of all the MLB players, except Barry Bonds...Who is replaced by a Hispanic guy named Giant Gonzalez lol.

Another game with improvements is Brave Story for the PSP. I believe they added some things in the game that improved on the Japanese version of it.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 12:01:04 AM » by I.S.T.
Do any of the people here have any tips for either version of this game? Both kick my ass HARD.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 09:24:55 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Do any of the people here have any tips for either version of this game? Both kick my ass HARD.

Be extremely liberal with the use of your shield.  It'll nullify incoming damage from -any- direction, not just the one you're facing.

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 06:08:36 PM » by I.S.T.

Be extremely liberal with the use of your shield.  It'll nullify incoming damage from -any- direction, not just the one you're facing.

Thanks!
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 09:24:43 AM » by KingMike
Today the European Wii owners get Cybernator.
(and Pokemon Snap, but that's beside the point. :P )
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 01:11:20 PM » by Speaker59
The only game I've ever seen where the US version only improved on the JP one ...
IMHO, the recent FF12: Revenant Wings release is a staggering improvement.  Not only do we get a bonus dungeon, but the game's AI has been tweaked to be more of a challenge than the cakewalk that was the Japanese version.  (I speak having played the Japanese one to completion, and the US one about 3/4 through so far.)
Also, the writing is fantastic, and Vaan quips what I'm thinking at a frightfully good rate.
IP Logged

(Read 4535 times) [1]
Jump to: