hello everyone!

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Gan Eden - General Discussion / Topic: Hello everyone!

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 7093 times) [1]

Hello everyone!
« on: April 14, 2012, 08:31:41 PM » by Samurai Sam
I'm Sam, a retro/import gamer with a pretty big and growing collection. I own over 900 different games, including over 100 imports. I love hunting down games that are obscure and/or Japanese, and so it's no surprise that I really appreciate what Gideon is doing. You can see a list of what games I own here: backloggery.com/samuraisam

I live in western MA, pretty close to Gideon. I'm currently attending his alma mater, UMass Amherst. I don't know him, though. I just found out recently that he lives in my general area!

backloggery.com/samuraisam
IP Logged

Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 08:50:17 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
General area nothing. I'm still studying at UMass (going for a BS in computer science to compliment my Psych and English degrees, which basically aren't making me any money.) Currently in 311 (algorithms), 320 (software engineering) and 445 (information systems.) Also chorale, 'cuz singing is fun and I needed the extra credit to get me up to full time.

IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 09:52:37 PM » by Samurai Sam
Cool beans! Do you ever do translation work while on campus?

I'm a sociology major. I know it's not really going to make me extra money. I just wanted to get a college degree, and sociology was the subject that interested me the most. I would probably pick a different major if I could go back, but it's kinda too late for me to do that now because I really don't want to stay in college for more than I have to for now.

Would you have any interest in coming to Belchertown to see my collection/hang out someday?

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 10:08:52 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I uh sometimes do romhacking when I'm supposed to be taking notes in class. This is probably why infosys isn't going so well. (Weirdly, algos is going crazy smooth, and the mathy stuff is what I generally have a harder time with...)

As far as Belchertown goes, maybe! Should probably do lunch or something first, though. Get to know you a bit. (No offense!)

IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 10:47:22 PM » by Samurai Sam
Yeah, I understand. Want to meet up on campus sometime before the semester ends? I'm a commuter so I'm not there all the time though. I have the most spare time on Thursdays, but could maybe do Wednesday or Friday this week.

IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:10:39 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I'm basically stomped all day Thursday - class from roughly 11 to 6, but I can proooobably do lunch at about 12:15 tomorrow (Wed.) I have class from 11:15-12:05 in one of the engineering labs, then again at 1:25 in the CS building. Probably busy after class at 2:15. Proooobably. Not sure yet.

IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 03:07:11 PM » by Samurai Sam
I should be able to do tomorrow. Where do you want to eat? And can you tell me something you'll be wearing so I can identify you? I'll be wearing either a red t-shirt or a Red Sox jacket, depending on the weather.

IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 10:20:17 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Why don't we meet in the concourse at about 12:15? At the tables in the area straight ahead from the campus store, just outside of the place that (now) does Mexican. And we'll figure it out then. I commute myself, so while a short bus trip from Sunderland has no patch on a drive from Belchertown, I don't have a meal plan or anything, so the campus center/student union offerings are probably best.

As for clothing, I dunno. I'm usually wearing jeans and a red fleece vest over whatever, and tote around a ThinkGeek Bag of Holding.

IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 11:38:06 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
And then we never heard from Gid ever again.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 11:18:45 AM » by Samurai Sam
I met him today! And promptly impaled him with my sword and set his corpse on display in front of the campus store for all to see. It was fun! :)

IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 06:19:28 PM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Awww, now who's gonna make my SRW games english?

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 08:21:17 PM » by Killmore Insta-death spell level 2.
He was taken in by the Samurai of Sam.
IP Logged

(Read 7093 times) [1]
Jump to: