issues with tactics ogre patching

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Aaru - Romhacking & Translation / Topic: Issues with Tactics Ogre patching

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5308 times) [1]

Issues with Tactics Ogre patching
« on: September 05, 2012, 08:23:07 AM » by evendel
Ok, I'd love to play this game...but I think I'm running into a problem.  I downloaded the patch suite from superfamicom.org and I cant recall where I got the rom.  I'm fairly certain it's the right thing, no header or nothing, it's 3mb in size.  I've got and used NUPS and Tsukuyomi.  When I run either of the patchers on the rom using the file labeled "v1.0 to v1.2" or "v1.1 to v1.2" the rom file stays at 3mb.  If I use the 1.0 patch it appropriately jumps to 4mb.  I tried doing it like it was an incremental patch just in case, taking the now patched file and trying to apply the "v1.0 to v1.2" patch and it says the names don't match and stops the patch.  The only issue I could think is something I vaguely recall seeing when I was looking for a UPS patcher...the first site I looked at suggested Tsukuyomi and then said to patch to a .sfc file, nothing else...well I can't find a .sfc Tactic Ogre rom.  Everything I've tried downloading is an .smc so does that really make a difference?  Am I forced to use the first version of this patch, great though it may be on its own, instead of the 1.2 upgrade?
IP Logged

Re: Issues with Tactics Ogre patching
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:15:30 PM » by mr_chya
I would recommend getting the patch from this site as the only official patch from here is V1.0 witch you then apply to the V1.2 rom
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 05:28:50 PM » by evendel
Alright, thanks.  I think I got that solved...now I just have to hope it's fully compatible with the emulator on my tablet.  It seems to load up just fine.  Time to get into it!
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 02:48:56 AM » by JoeyV
I had an issue with mine. It would work fine til I get to a shop where everything is BLACKED OUT. Is there anyway to fix that?
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 04:15:03 AM » by Stefan
Out of curiosity, do you have a PSP, because the Tactics Ogre port for the handheld is decent. It doesn't do anything remarkable, but it's a good way to play the game on an actual system.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 12:56:23 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I had an issue with mine. It would work fine til I get to a shop where everything is BLACKED OUT. Is there anyway to fix that?

Yeah, use an emulator that isn't garbage.

IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 08:21:15 PM » by JoeyV
Which do you suggest? I'm currently using Zsnes151.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 04:02:58 AM » by JayBee That's how I roll.
Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but there's really only two other emulators to try. Assuming you have a recent save, it shouldn't take very long to find out if they work.

Either one should be way more accurate than ZSNES.

APPRIVOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

(Read 5308 times) [1]
Jump to: