la mulana...help!

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: la mulana...help!

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11027 Posts, 542 Topics, 770 Members, Latest Member: Drdarylmorgan34

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 9246 times) [1]

la mulana...help!
« on: October 24, 2007, 12:23:58 PM » by Corsair Space pirate?
I'm desperately stuck in this game!

I've ineracted with just about everything i've the sense to interact with, but i just can't seem to open the doors to the goddess tower from the overworld, and i can't open the droor in the tower of ruin to the inferno cavern....

How do I open these doors?

I've killed the bosses in the following areas -
Guidance gate
Twin labyrinths
temple of the sun
Spring in the sky
Giants mausoleum

I possess the following main weapons:
Chain whip
Knife
Keyblade
Axe
Katana

and the following sub-weapons:
Shuriken
Throwing dagger (kunai?)
Flaregun
Spear
Silver Shield
Handy Scanner
1 ankh jewel

I possess the following quest items
MSX
MSX2
Shell Horn
Waterproof case
Fireproof case
dETECTOR
Grail
Lamp of time (you don't need the bombs t get this if you're a good jumper ;))
Body Armor
Gauntlet
Ring
Glove
Bronze Mirror
Boots
Feather
Dragon Bone
Grapple claw
Cross
Book of the dead
Anchor
Mini Doll
Serpent staff
ice cape
helmet
scalesphere
Endless Key
Twin statue
(i'm not even going to list all the msx roms i have...)

Anyways, I'd appreciate it if someone would be able to help me. i'm just so stuck that i'm starting t drive myself a bit..barmy...

METAL.
IP Logged

Re: la mulana...help!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 01:10:54 PM » by Speaker59
It's been a *long* while since I've played the game, so I don't honestly recall what to do at the point you are.
But this guide may help if you know a bit of japanese:
http://my.opera.com/White%20Knell/blog/

If nothing else, if you start on the linear walkthrough here:
http://la-mulana.s13.xrea.com/x/through/phase001.html
And post which Phase you're at, I can tell you what the next step would be in one of the instruction sets.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 01:19:28 PM » by Corsair Space pirate?
I don't speak a lick of japanese, so these sites aren't much help to me.

Ihadn't used any guides up to this point, so I tried following along to the "let's play la mulana" videos by deceasedCrab, but they weren't muchhelp either. Eitheri've missed smething vital and i don't know what or i've done something that's fuckered up my entire game and  have t start over (which woldn't really be a big deal a i knw the parts of the ruins that i've been through so well tat it wouldn't be a problem at all)

However, juding by the areas depicted, id be somewhere in phases 7, 8 and 9, so i guess that realy isn't of much use to you....

METAL.
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 05:33:36 PM » by Aquillion
To open the gate to the Tower of the Goddess, you have to kill the boss of the Chamber of Ignition (or whatever the fire caves are called.)  The Tower of the Goddess won't open until power is restored, or something like that.

The Chamber of Ignition's boss is a bit of a bother to reach, but you've already done the most important part (beating the boss in the Giant's mausoleum, Sakit.)

The trick is that the boss of that area can only be found by passing through the reverse side for that area (the Tower of Falling into Ruin, with all the lava and technology.)  It's at the base of an inverted tower, at the very bottom of the tall central area.  You will have to beat all the monsters on the screen to make the ladder down appear; going down, you should find a gate (which will be open because you beat Sakit.)  Go through there, and you'll find some other levers and buttons to push...  oh, one is under the lava, so you need the cloak of ice (it's not too hard to find...  it's in the Moonlight Temple or whatever it's called).

Below there is the boss, Viy.  Beat him and the Tower of the Goddess will open.
IP Logged

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 06:25:31 PM » by Corsair Space pirate?
To open the gate to the Tower of the Goddess, you have to kill the boss of the Chamber of Ignition (or whatever the fire caves are called.)  The Tower of the Goddess won't open until power is restored, or something like that.

The Chamber of Ignition's boss is a bit of a bother to reach, but you've already done the most important part (beating the boss in the Giant's mausoleum, Sakit.)

The trick is that the boss of that area can only be found by passing through the reverse side for that area (the Tower of Falling into Ruin, with all the lava and technology.)  It's at the base of an inverted tower, at the very bottom of the tall central area.  You will have to beat all the monsters on the screen to make the ladder down appear; going down, you should find a gate (which will be open because you beat Sakit.)  Go through there, and you'll find some other levers and buttons to push...  oh, one is under the lava, so you need the cloak of ice (it's not too hard to find...  it's in the Moonlight Temple or whatever it's called).

Below there is the boss, Viy.  Beat him and the Tower of the Goddess will open.

The problem is, that sakit is quite dead and the gate in the tower of ruin remains closed.

I have the cloak of ice (i forgot to mention it, i think) so that's not an issue, but i';m not seeing any switches under the lava either. Did it glitch and fail to trigger something?

METAL.
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 11:40:26 AM » by Aquillion
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 11:45:25 AM by Aquillion »
Hmm...  checking the babelfished FAQ again, it turns out the boss you need to kill to open the gate at D-6 (at the very base of the tower) is the Water Source of the Sky boss, that giant dragon-fish thing.  But you said you already beat that one, too...  hrm. 

Just to be sure, you're able to reach the closed gate, right?  The one you can reach with a ladder down after killing all the slimes in D-5?  And the gate down there is definitely still closed?

If you can go through there (to the ignition cave) but got stuck inside, you just have to jump into the lava on the right and put a weight on the pedestal in there.

Then, a new pedestal should have appeared in D-4 (the spot at the base of the long, fire-jet filled drop in the ignition cave).  Putting a weight on that will let you reach the boss.

You can see a map here.
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 09:15:09 PM » by Corsair Space pirate?
Hmm...  checking the babelfished FAQ again, it turns out the boss you need to kill to open the gate at D-6 (at the very base of the tower) is the Water Source of the Sky boss, that giant dragon-fish thing.  But you said you already beat that one, too...  hrm. 

Just to be sure, you're able to reach the closed gate, right?  The one you can reach with a ladder down after killing all the slimes in D-5?  And the gate down there is definitely still closed?

If you can go through there (to the ignition cave) but got stuck inside, you just have to jump into the lava on the right and put a weight on the pedestal in there.

Then, a new pedestal should have appeared in D-4 (the spot at the base of the long, fire-jet filled drop in the ignition cave).  Putting a weight on that will let you reach the boss.

You can see a map here.

Well I fixed it and you were right. I had yet to kill bahamut. I remember very distincly having killed him, but I guess I forgot to save afterwards or something. anyways, he's been disposed of and i'm on my merrly little way. thanks!

METAL.
IP Logged

(Read 9246 times) [1]
Jump to: