announcement news ~ announcing twinbee, plus other news

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Announcement News ~ Announcing TwinBee, Plus Other News

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10942 Posts, 519 Topics, 731 Members, Latest Member: henl3y12

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 5081 times) [1]

Announcement News ~ Announcing TwinBee, Plus Other News
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:28:10 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
For those of you who´ve been following me on Twitter this won´t exactly be news, but I´m finally announcing a translation project for TwinBee Rainbow Bell Adventure. It´s a cute little platformer for the SNES with a bit of Sonic, a bit of Rocket Knight, and a bit of Mario World all thrown into a blender. Casual fans may note that this did in fact come out in PAL regions; diehard fans will note that said PAL release was heavily stripped-down. The translation restores all that content - the dialog, the endings, the secret exits and twisty map, and the battery-backed saves. It´s almost done, too; unless something goes seriously wrong, expect it within the next week or so.

In other news, SRW2´s betatest progresses well. We´ve hit one major issue: a buffer overflow with the unit screen which I´m not quite sure how to fix just yet. But things are otherwise fairly clean, so hopefully that´ll be out by the end of the year.

Also, hacking for Ys 5 has been completed as well. The edit progresses apace, and we´re hoping to have the translation out on Thanksgiving Day. Of course, given how beastly the project has been, things could always go badly awry in the meantime. Keep your fingers crossed!
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Announcement News ~ Announcing TwinBee, Plus Other News
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:27:12 PM » by Mattman324
>SRW2 being beta tested

Is it wrong I find this the most awesome part of the news?
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 12:57:20 AM » by Killmore Insta-death spell level 2.
I don't know man. The thought of playing two new(-ish) Ys titles at the same time (and right after a new(-ish) Zelda) sounds pretty incredible.

But playable SRW2 is definitely cool beans too. Also TwinBee Rainbow something something...
IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 03:52:51 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Are you nuts? TWITSTY MAPS! They're like maps, but delicious. That's way more exciting than some Ys game.

...But then, honestly, so is a ball of string.

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

(Read 5081 times) [1]
Jump to: