major release news ~ metal max returns: roll out!

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Metal Max Returns: Roll out!

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 70627 times) 1 2 [3] 4 5

Re: Major Release News ~ Metal Max Returns: Roll out!
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 07:43:10 AM » by Darkkenny
thanks for the help. that was very wierd.
IP Logged

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 05:53:52 AM » by Fuu
hi guys, been following Aeon Genesis for some time, first time posting.
I'm having a bizzarre issue, i can't seem to save the game. I suppose you save by talking to the memory center lady, but when i load the game it doesn't show any saved games. I played for a bit and tried both Znes and Snes9x, with the same result, the rom has the correct size. Am i doing something wrong or is it a known issue?
IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Metal Max Returns
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 08:04:11 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Are you using Windows Vista? =/
IP Logged

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 08:53:37 AM » by Fuu
nope, XP.
IP Logged

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 09:59:24 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Hmm. I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 and ZSNES v1.51 and am not having any problems with saved games. I only checked once, though, as I keep the 'normal' savegames as a backup in case the savestates fail for some reason (which hardly ever happens, and it hasn't happened to me with this game).

Try checking (if you're using ZSNES) if there's a [gamename].sav file next to the rom. Perhaps your roms folder is set to Read-Only or something. Otherwise, just rely on the emulator's savestates: F2 to save, F4 to load and F3 to pick a slot (out of ten).
IP Logged

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2007, 10:20:11 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
For SNES9X, sounds like yer issue is just that ye ain't got it set to save S-RAM data, which is basically internal battery and whatnot, the stuff that keeps saves and high-score tables and the like, basically. Ye'll wanna go up to options an enable it.

Personally, i only use save-states when I wanna see certain scenes again, otherwise, it's just kind of cheese.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 10:27:26 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Well, the temptation to 'cheat' with savestates is sometimes hard to resist. =P

Personally, I try and force myself to keep that to a minimum.
IP Logged

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 10:58:48 AM » by Fuu
thanks for the help guys. It seems like the rom is actually to blame: while the size is correct, even without the patch it can't save, while a rom of a different size can. Back to square one!
IP Logged

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2007, 12:10:58 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Hrm. Question, what's the font used in-game called? Or would the ever elusive ReadMe hold such info?

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2007, 12:10:32 PM » by Captain Vittles ALL ABOARD THE PARTY VAN!
Hrm. Question, what's the font used in-game called? Or would the ever elusive ReadMe hold such info?

I think it's the font from Earthbound.
IP Logged

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2007, 01:56:19 PM » by Chaostic Dark, Light, Shadow, Time, Chaos, PIKE
I'm conducting test for bsnes so far so good
IP Logged

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2007, 07:39:09 PM » by FrankScum
Hmm....actually, I'm having troubles myself. I got the rom, got rid of the header, it's the right size....but past the intro it freezes up.

Eh, 's probably for the better...I'll sort it out when I actually have time to play it...

i too have had the same problem with multiple roms and multiple forms of applying the ips patch. both using the latest versions of zsnes and snes9x. im going to continue trying but i dont know. not to mention this isnt the only game something like this has happened to. the other odd problem i had was an old dos version of snestool i use crashing after deleting the header and applying the ips, when i quit the program it dies. i've found this synonymous with the errors.
IP Logged

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2007, 08:13:08 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
My SNESTool is a DOS version as well (v1.2) and it didn't crash after deleting the header. I applied the translation patch with Lunar IPS, though.
IP Logged

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2007, 05:28:40 PM » by FrankScum
well i found a version that works. it was basically bad roms and i was able to figure out how to make it work properly using snes9x so all's well now.
IP Logged

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2007, 09:03:36 PM » by Devon_v
I found a minor text bug in the resupply interface. If you manually refill shells or armor, the mechanic quotes you the number of shells/armor that you loaded rather than the cost in G. So if you load 60 plates for a cost of 3 G, the mechanic will say the cost will be 60 G. Load 6 shells for 45 G, and he quotes 6 G. The game does deduct the correct amount of money though.

This is using BSNES .17. (I like it better than the newer versions)
IP Logged

(Read 70627 times) 1 2 [3] 4 5
Jump to: