major release news ~ metal max returns: roll out!

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Metal Max Returns: Roll out!

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11018 Posts, 538 Topics, 757 Members, Latest Member: jssnormns01

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 68658 times) 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Re: Major Release News ~ Metal Max Returns
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2008, 05:33:28 AM » by Swordfishtrombone
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 07:09:30 AM by Swordfishtrombone »
I am however,  having a strange issue with Metal Max Returns.  Game runs fine, text is all correct, but for some strange reason during certain menu's (donating money, buying shells, sell / buy) my "up" button just doesnt work.  I assume that to donate funds and such, you must press "up" to select the amount, and I cant seem to do it.
Since that was your only post here, chances are you're not still reading the forum, but if you are still around, did you manage to resolve it?

I'm having the same problem. It was kind of a pain the ass having to keep pressing down like seven times to select the item above the currently selected one to store (for example) instead of pressing up once. But I was willing to live with it (I thought perhaps it was just the way the game was programmed or something, though it didn't make any sense why they would do that).

But now I'm trying to buy some armour for my tank, and it's not working 'cause I can't make it go up. I even tried remapping it to the analog stick, then even the keyboard, neither worked.

Does anyone know what the cause of this is? And more importantly, how to fix it? I'm using the latest version of Snes9x (1.51), if it matters. It was an annoyance in at first, but now it seems like it may be a game-breaking (or at least game-crippling) bug.

I just now (before typing this paragraph) tried ZSNES, and a couple of the the menus I tired where "up" wasn't working before, appear to be fine... And even though I'm not that far into the game, I'd really hate to have to start over. I doubt I'll be lucky enough to find another Red Peony's Dagger before even entering the Southern Cave this time :(

So does anyone know what the problem is? Is anyone using Snes9x without this problem?

edit: I used the .srm file from Snes9x in ZSNES so I wouldn't lose my progress. However, when I do this, the problem carries over to ZSNES as well...

edit #2: Hmmm... okay, I think I've found the cause of the bug. I deleted the .srm in the ZSNES directory, and tried things again. It worked fine. So I remapped the controls back to how I had them before, using the B button for Menu/Okay, and the Y button for Cancel. After doing this, I get the Up problem. If I go back to the default, it works fine again. I tried changing Cancel to the A Button, and then the X button, and both have the game working fine again. I guess if it's an issue with the patch, and not the game/rom itself, it's probably not worth going and fixing this one minor bug. I suppose I'll just leave Cancel on X.

I'm curious though, can someone else try setting Cancel to Y (in any emulator(s)) and tell me if the same thing happens to them? Thanks.
IP Logged

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2008, 08:42:49 AM » by threetimes
Pleased you got it working. I can't help on the technical issues, but just to say that there is no need to worry about the Red Peony's Dagger. You can buy plenty as well as find them in the field in Negi with a bit of luck. Also, you are not far in the game, if you haven't yet got to Pobre Orbre, so starting again shouldn't be a problem.

quote author=Swordfishtrombone link=topic=63.msg5567#msg5567 date=1212147208]
I am however,  having a strange issue with Metal Max Returns.  Game runs fine, text is all correct, but for some strange reason during certain menu's (donating money, buying shells, sell / buy) my "up" button just doesnt work.  I assume that to donate funds and such, you must press "up" to select the amount, and I cant seem to do it.
Since that was your only post here, chances are you're not still reading the forum, but if you are still around, did you manage to resolve it?

I'm having the same problem. It was kind of a pain the ass having to keep pressing down like seven times to select the item above the currently selected one to store (for example) instead of pressing up once. But I was willing to live with it (I thought perhaps it was just the way the game was programmed or something, though it didn't make any sense why they would do that).

But now I'm trying to buy some armour for my tank, and it's not working 'cause I can't make it go up. I even tried remapping it to the analog stick, then even the keyboard, neither worked.

Does anyone know what the cause of this is? And more importantly, how to fix it? I'm using the latest version of Snes9x (1.51), if it matters. It was an annoyance in at first, but now it seems like it may be a game-breaking (or at least game-crippling) bug.

I just now (before typing this paragraph) tried ZSNES, and a couple of the the menus I tired where "up" wasn't working before, appear to be fine... And even though I'm not that far into the game, I'd really hate to have to start over. I doubt I'll be lucky enough to find another Red Peony's Dagger before even entering the Southern Cave this time :(

So does anyone know what the problem is? Is anyone using Snes9x without this problem?

edit: I used the .srm file from Snes9x in ZSNES so I wouldn't lose my progress. However, when I do this, the problem carries over to ZSNES as well...

edit #2: Hmmm... okay, I think I've found the cause of the bug. I deleted the .srm in the ZSNES directory, and tried things again. It worked fine. So I remapped the controls back to how I had them before, using the B button for Menu/Okay, and the Y button for Cancel. After doing this, I get the Up problem. If I go back to the default, it works fine again. I tried changing Cancel to the A Button, and then the X button, and both have the game working fine again. I guess if it's an issue with the patch, and not the game/rom itself, it's probably not worth going and fixing this one minor bug. I suppose I'll just leave Cancel on X.

I'm curious though, can someone else try setting Cancel to Y (in any emulator(s)) and tell me if the same thing happens to them? Thanks.
[/quote]
IP Logged

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2008, 08:40:16 PM » by Swordfishtrombone
Pleased you got it working. I can't help on the technical issues, but just to say that there is no need to worry about the Red Peony's Dagger. You can buy plenty as well as find them in the field in Negi with a bit of luck. Also, you are not far in the game, if you haven't yet got to Pobre Orbre, so starting again shouldn't be a problem.
Well, I wasn't far in then, by now I've already finished the Scorched Factory, so it's a bit late to be starting over again now :p

But like I said, there was fortunately no need to since the problem was related to the Y button being mapped to cancel.
IP Logged

(Read 68658 times) 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Jump to: