major release news ~ metal max returns: roll out!

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Svarga - Site News / Topic: Major Release News ~ Metal Max Returns: Roll out!

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 65235 times) [1] 2 3 ... 5

Major Release News ~ Metal Max Returns: Roll out!
« on: November 06, 2007, 11:14:12 AM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
After possibly the longest playtest period I´ve ever had to slog through, Metal Max Returns is finally ready!

Metal Max is an open, nonlinear RPG with a heavy focus on sidequests and tank tweaking. The main game has you chasing bounty heads and finding new vehicles for your entourage, but there´s so much other stuff to do! You can pimp your tanks with decals and accessories, you can buy furniture and wall hangings for your home, play with little critters that eat your money and grow to enormous proportions, or enjoy a host of minigames. Go hunting for this week´s target and become a rich and famous bounty hunter!
Screenshot Screenshot

IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Metal Max Returns
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 12:32:04 PM » by Drake333
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 04:43:37 PM by Drake333 »
I experienced a problem, but I also found the solution. If your game looks like this,
MMRZSNES142chat.jpg" width="256" height="223

or this,
MMRZSNES142menu.jpg" width="256" height="223

and you are using ZSNES, you need to update it to the latest version. These pics are from v1.42. I have tested it to work properly on v1.43 WIP and v1.51. I recommend the latter, since it is the latest.

Edit: Sorry about the screenshot size, is there a way to scale these down in this board? I don't like having to scroll, but I don't want to have to go edit the original images to make them the size I want. (... though I can if it is the only way.)

Edit II: Images shrunk to resonable size. Take that scrollbars! Also, thank you so much once again Gideon Zhi, for all your wonderful volunteer work for the translation community.
IP Logged

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 01:01:56 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
Yeah, that's a ZSNES issue. The readme's been updated to reflect that.

And no, I don't think there's a way to shrink the images without resizing them. You've got 'em at 2x normal SNES resolution anyway, though.

IP Logged

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 03:44:07 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Sweet 'tis done...but I still wish I could sell bird crap in it...

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

Re: Major Release News ~ Metal Max Returns: Roll out!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 03:47:40 PM » by TCM Chrono, by another name.
YEEEEEEEESSS

FINALLY

I LOVE YOU MORE NOW

THAN I EVER HAVE

UNTIL AN SRW GAME COMES OUT AT LEAST

Signatures? We're in the lap of luxury now!
IP Logged

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 04:11:50 PM » by teasel
ah finaly... nice job ghideon and sorry if i bothered you again some month ago asking for the status of it ^^'
IP Logged

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 04:14:31 PM » by Thalelith
Salutations everyone.
I'm pretty glad to see this patch is out.
For some reason I can't seem to make this patch work with any copy of metal max returns that I can find.

For some reason, everytime I hardpatch or softpatch a version, the game merely shows a black screen, maybe I'm missing something? I just find this odd, as I'm not exactly a stranger to emulation.
Oh, I'm using XP, as well as tried two versions of ZSNES (1.42, and 1.51) as well as snes 9x.
IP Logged

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 04:27:03 PM » by jolly_old_saint
Salutations everyone.
I'm pretty glad to see this patch is out.
For some reason I can't seem to make this patch work with any copy of metal max returns that I can find.

For some reason, everytime I hardpatch or softpatch a version, the game merely shows a black screen, maybe I'm missing something? I just find this odd, as I'm not exactly a stranger to emulation.
Oh, I'm using XP, as well as tried two versions of ZSNES (1.42, and 1.51) as well as snes 9x.

Hm. Seems like a header problem...read the readme, get the right rom version (or take out the header).

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
IP Logged

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 04:45:40 PM » by Iriliane
Just thought I'd drop in to mention that if you try to start a new game when all of the save slots are full you can start with the maximum amount of money. You won't be able to save normally but that's what savestates are for.
IP Logged

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 04:54:43 PM » by Thalelith
Oh jeez, how careless of me, I merely had to delete the header before doing anything with the rom. Thanks for the assistance ^^;
IP Logged

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 05:03:13 PM » by teasel
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 05:06:36 PM by teasel »
i think i found a bug,go into your house and check the drawers,you'll find an item called sister towel,use it and the text will kinda overlay for the description (maybe i should take a pic?) oh i forgot to say i'm playing on ZSNES 1.51
IP Logged

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 05:35:10 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Thanks -- I'm keeping screenshots of the issues I've found so far (three including this one) so I went and got a screenshot of that. I'm fairly sure we got most of the line break issues, but do mention any others you find!

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 06:37:04 PM » by carter00
Just thanks a lot
Im already didnt expect for this
from russia witch respect
IP Logged

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 10:01:16 PM » by TurdFerguson2000
This might sound stupid but, how do i remove the header?
IP Logged

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 11:41:24 PM » by Dsvaun
This may sound stupid, but I have the same problem.

I look at the properties and it says it is larger than its supposed to be.  I have no damn clue what to do.
IP Logged

(Read 65235 times) [1] 2 3 ... 5
Jump to: