The Pantheon
March 29, 2020, 06:07:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Release News ~ Metal Max Returns: Roll out!  (Read 87435 times)
Efop
Initiate

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 08:48:01 PM »

Not sure if this is a bug or what. But when I go to buy a piece of equipment that the hero cannot use but Sama can. It comes up with some random letters (OCaSGUB) for the hero but does show that Sama can use it.

Sadly, I do not know how to post a screenshot to show you but do have one saved.
IP Logged
PreDefined
Initiate

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »

Blessed...
IP Logged
Thalelith
Initiate

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 11:36:54 PM »

To remove a header from a game, download snestool v12
Just use the delete header command on it on the smc file (the rom) and then you can soft patch it like most other games.
IP Logged
jolly_old_saint
Cleric

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 06:10:00 AM »

Hmm....actually, I'm having troubles myself. I got the rom, got rid of the header, it's the right size....but past the intro it freezes up.

Eh, 's probably for the better...I'll sort it out when I actually have time to play it...
IP Logged

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
Gideon Zhi
Archmagus
Cleric

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 06:15:16 AM »

It doesn't like a lot of ZSNES versions, I'm afraid. You might try the latest, or 1.36, or SNES9X.
IP Logged

Word on the Wind
Sentinel
Cleric

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 06:41:16 AM »

*Proud user of SNES9x*

Question. Is Cloe's personality that violent and vulgar in the original dialogue? 'Cause I like. Violent ladies for the win!
IP Logged

I miss my signature.
Liana
Sentinel
Acolyte

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 07:15:16 AM »

Yep. She's ... quite a feisty gal. ;) Makes me wish the game had more than, oh, three and a half minutes of characterization and interaction. I look forwards to finding her in the DS game...

Incidentally, the names for this game are chosen at random, but in the DS game she and the mechanic both show up. Sadly, the main character of MMR has passed away -- he's the father of the main character of Hagane no Kisetsu) and they both get proper names: Ingrid and Cliff. (The MMR hero is posthumously christened Le Banner. I'm open to other readings of his name, but that's what I think it's intended to be. My respect for his dad just dropped.)

If you look at the Hagane no Kisetsu page, you can see artwork of both of them: http://www.success-corp.co.jp/software/ds/metalsaga/index.html
Click the lever, then click "Character" which is the tab right under Story, then choose the first option. Cliff is on the bottom left, and Ingrid is the blonde soldier in magenta and purple four from the left. There's another couple of MMR characters.. but I leave that as a joy for the reader. ;)
IP Logged

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
lampshade
Initiate

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 10:36:39 AM »

GRATS I LOVE METAL MAX
IP Logged
jolly_old_saint
Cleric

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 02:04:58 PM »

It doesn't like a lot of ZSNES versions, I'm afraid. You might try the latest, or 1.36, or SNES9X.

Turns out my problem was patching it, actually...oddly, it only seems to work "soft-patched."

In any case, being distracted from schoolwork now. Hope you're happy.
IP Logged

At the end of things, just-faiz the means.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jollytheoldsaint
Aquillion
Initiate

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 02:35:38 PM »

I found a minor bug in the text when I try to use the Sister's Towel as an item outside of combat; the text 'overlaps' strangely.  This is in SNES9x, incidently.
IP Logged
teasel
Initiate

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 06:36:51 AM »

i found another overlaying bug
go to pobre obre and ask info about dr.raflexia
IP Logged
Stanley_Decker
Initiate

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 08:12:59 AM »

Think I found a very minor bug; in the factory the "Stop" and "Back" buttons on the computers that operate the converyor belts screen displays are reversed.
For instance, if you press the "back" button, the screen will say "Stop" and vice versa.
IP Logged
Captain Vittles
Initiate

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 06:19:06 AM »

You've probably seen this mistake already, but I didn't see it posted anywhere so...

The description of the Lock Hacker says it's a 'kew' that can open any door.  I assume that should be key.
IP Logged
Darkkenny
Initiate

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 02:03:10 AM »

I have a problem. After I beat Noah, the game freezes on the sentence which begins with i. I have tried a differnet version of snes9x and zsnes but with no luck.
IP Logged
Ianator
Bishop

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 02:33:43 AM »

He just takes a long time to say it. A reeeaaalllyyy long time. If you know your emulator's fast forward key, then's the time to use it.
IP Logged

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: