so let's talk metal max returns...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10947 Posts, 520 Topics, 748 Members, Latest Member: Wario-Man

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 56337 times) 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Re: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 09:35:00 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
The lowest people have got him to go is 12,000, but that's really rare: 40,000 -- 20,000 is more likely.

Absurdly rare, apparently. I offered 30K and he didn't budge.

Is this roll made every time ye enter the place or preset from the start of the game (Like I suspect the ally names are)

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 09:45:34 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
The page I'm looking at is saying it's determined every time you talk to him. I never really played with it... I always went back with a ton of money and threw it at him. Gomez had the right idea. ;)

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 09:46:44 PM » by Ianator is Gaius Baltar.
I wound up using the lots-o-money code in that one walkthrough on GameFAQs. I paid way too much (I think 160k!), even though I was maxed out.

Perfectly worth it, though. The Abrams rocks!

Who is Gaius Baltar? HE'S THE FRAKKIN' PRESIDENT!
IP Logged

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 09:50:00 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
Well, then, with that in mind,Ii shall out-stubborn him and see about gettin' 15K.

Thanks for the answer.

Though, quick question, any way to rename the allies? "Cloe" bothers me as the name of a character I find excessively allurin' (Long story) due to the fact that my niece, whom ain't even a year old and whom I can hear cryin' as I type this, has the same name. >_>

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 10:06:55 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
And on a slightly unrelated note, that Life Sciences Lab near Pobre Obre. Who do I have to sleep with to get into that thing?

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 10:47:29 PM » by Galanthos
Hm... I wish this board had a spoiler marking feature....
What I understand is that the seller determines at random what the lowest limit he'll accept is each time you talk to him. The lowest people have got him to go is 12,000, but that's really rare: 40,000 -- 20,000 is more likely.

Has anyone tried offering 12501 for it? That was the offer that worked 100% of the time in Metal Saga, and is supposedly some sort of reference to the other games in the series.
IP Logged

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 11:37:26 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Maybe it's strange, but I feel quite proud at having brought to English speakers a character that at least one human out there finds so captivating. Seriously. I love her, she was damn fun to translate. I don't think you can change their names, though.

And you don't have to sleep with anyone, but you might do well to buy a couple of bar girls a drink for a bit of a hint... ;)

From what I can gather, the 12501 price is a reference to a tank you can buy in the Famicom MM, but I'm going to guess it didn't carry over to MMR, because I don't see anything about it in anything referring to that tank. Although I'd certainly like to know if it works...

IP Logged

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 06:20:50 AM » by Zadey
yay for this thing being translated at last, ive spent the last few days playing :P

a few questions though, that the guide on gamefaqs just doesnt help with

how do you use the Laser from the satilite?

what are the different computer programs, ive no idea how it works, and i really wanna know what the noah computer, and guide, and support, i've got my tiger being towed..heh
when does the game end? the guide says it doesnt end until you go home to your father and ask him to come home
the bird thing in dr-Minces lab, ive managed to hatch him, does it do anything after that?
IP Logged

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 08:54:02 AM » by Liana Lens Comrade
To use the BS Laser, 'use' the BS-Con in battle and wait about three or four turns.
The different programs, a couple of them require a corresponding BS-Con program you have to find. The Support system, I think you just have to have that C-Unit loaded on the towed vehicle and equip that vehicle with the proper cannon and it'll back you up in battle. The Noah system... *evil grin* what does it do indeed. Try it out. Save first.
The guide has it right. MMR isn't about completing a goal, it's about becoming the best hunter you want to be. When you feel you're at that point, go home. Your family misses you, don't you know? ;)
And nope, the gold eaters just walk around and look cute. There's more, too, did you find them?

IP Logged

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 12:54:29 PM » by Derek The Blue Wings of Kyonoshi
I'm such a horrible person. Seriously, I'm a total psychopath. That's gotta be the only explanation for why, upon finding the ambulance, I gave in to my Gundam urges and named it the Yuy, then went and had a flamethrower attached to it. All while laughing maniacally.

dragonmasterjb0: Apparently, in the new series, Lina is arrested at one point on charges of being Lina Inverse.

The rest of the party, in typical Slayers fashion, gives a reaction to the effect of "Sounds reasonable."
IP Logged

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 02:59:40 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
And on a slightly unrelated note, that Life Sciences Lab near Pobre Obre. Who do I have to sleep with to get into that thing?
If you really want to know...

I'm not sure what the conditions are, but one particular time I went into a Transfer capsule, the teleportation failed and I ended up in the Transfer Room of the Life Sciences centre.

I absolutely LOVE the certain mysterious atmosphere in some places. :D
IP Logged

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 03:30:23 PM » by jtrainor
How do I keep gas from getting inside the tank? I thought the AC system might since it said something about ventilation, but it doesn't appear to do anything.

...also, is there any use for the LAV? I've found the Buggy to generally be better. >_>
IP Logged

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 03:36:21 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 03:53:21 PM by Shadow »
There's a tank tool called Ventilation System. That's probably it. You've to turn it on once it's in the tank. I don't know why would you ever have it off...

Oh, I got the Abrams from the girl/guy at Port Slum for 20000g. After a lot of save-state reloading, that is. I read on this topic that the minimum price is calculated whenever you start a conversation with the person, so it took a while. =P

By the way, I've a question: is there any way to find out the 'secret' properties of some weapons? For example, the Laser Rifle's beam can be reflected and hit one of your guys instead of the target. I don't know if the weapon's power is everything, given this little detail. I'm about to buy the Beam Scanner (Aux tank weapon, Group), so I'd hate to see my tanks blasting each other on occasion. I use Aux weapons extensively, of course, so this could be a problem.

...also, is there any use for the LAV? I've found the Buggy to generally be better. >_>

I haven't seen the LAV in the game yet, but I know the Buggy can't have a primary weapon in the Main slot. According to my real-life military knowledge, the LAV can. =D
IP Logged

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 04:32:56 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
You know, I totally didn't know that about the Laser Rifle myself. ;) I suppose that if the BS-Con doesn't mention things like that, the best you can do is experiment and see if someone writes a FAQ. It's all there in Japanese on the Metal Maniax wiki, probably, but... ah... I need to move on and, you know, finish that pesky last semester of grad school ;)

And the mysterious atmosphere is -precisely- what I love about it. I love that there's so much that's not spelled out. You climb up endless flights of stairs, you piece together bits of information, you peer at  strange output on computer screens. If you play a solo game with just the hunter, it's downright eerie.

I just love that people are enjoying this game! If I think about it, I first got in contact with Gid about this around January 06, and that's when I started playing it as well... I've loved the game all this time and had no one to talk about it with. This is a delight. :)

IP Logged

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 05:17:46 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 05:23:14 PM by Shadow »
And the mysterious atmosphere is -precisely- what I love about it. I love that there's so much that's not spelled out. You climb up endless flights of stairs, you piece together bits of information, you peer at  strange output on computer screens. If you play a solo game with just the hunter, it's downright eerie.

EXACTLY!

I specially liked the 2300 AD part of Chrono Trigger for the same reason, and I wished I could explore more of the world in that time period.
IP Logged

(Read 56337 times) 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to: