so let's talk metal max returns...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...

Gon is calm
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

10949 Posts, 520 Topics, 749 Members, Latest Member: nabycoremy

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 56133 times) 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Re: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2007, 05:32:55 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
Huh, cool...

Incidentally, on this page:
http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~roias/trunk/trunk_top.htm

There's various bits of fanart and stuff, some of which I linked to earlier. There's one guy who does, I can't tell exactly, renderings or models of the tanks.
http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~roias/trunk/mm/rental.jpg
a rental tank
http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~roias/trunk/mm/red_wolf.jpg
the Red Wolf

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2007, 06:24:11 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
I want that plush :(

IP Logged

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2007, 06:31:35 PM » by Captain Vittles ALL ABOARD THE PARTY VAN!
Grrr.... I can't kill Mad Muscle!  Maybe I'm underleveled... anyone have any advice?

Anyway, this game is really impressing me.  It's a lot of fun!  I'm ashamed to admit it, but I just realized that there's stuff buried in the world map.  I wonder how much loot I've missed because of this.
IP Logged

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2007, 07:40:51 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Seems there are 16 buried objects in the world map. There's no way I could've found this out without Liana's info.

One thing that could be better in this otherwise remarkable game is the interface: to use the metal detector, you've to open the menu, select Party, select the guy who has it, select the item itself and select Use. Considering the detector has a 5x5 (or was it 6x6) radius and the world map is huge, repeating the process over and over to comb the entire world would be maddening to say the least... @_@

The interface's the only thing I dislike about the game. Other games have certain intuitive details this one has missed. For example, once you use/transfer/toss an item, the whole menu closes, so you've to wade through submenus once more to do the same thing. Then you needlessly have to make a choice to speak or check an object/NPC (in every other game you can do both things by pressing a single button instead of two to speak, or three if you want to check something).

Well, then there's the frequent random encounters, but that's a trademark of RPGs of the time. However, I wish there was some item I could use to stop them from happening (unless it's a bounty monster or one you absolutely need to kill) temporarily.

Anyway, I guess that in the end you get used to both things. I still like the game. A lot. =D
IP Logged

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2007, 07:53:12 PM » by Captain Vittles ALL ABOARD THE PARTY VAN!
The menu navigation annoyed me until I realized I could reassign the buttons.  I left X as talk, made Y check, L the party menu and R the tank boarding menu.  I'm finding the game much easier to handle now.

Mind you, it could be a lot worse.  At least we don't need to use the menu to go up and down stairs.
IP Logged

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2007, 08:05:53 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
The menu navigation annoyed me until I realized I could reassign the buttons.  I left X as talk, made Y check, L the party menu and R the tank boarding menu.  I'm finding the game much easier to handle now.

Dammit.
IP Logged

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2007, 10:20:06 PM » by Captain Vittles ALL ABOARD THE PARTY VAN!
The one in Pobre Obre with Dr Rafflesia we found, which other ones have you seen?

Another instance of overlapping bounty info is the Mad Muscle info in Rocco.

I swear, I'll beat that bastard yet.  If only he didn't do so much damage... or if I could fight with my tanks.  >_<
IP Logged

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2007, 10:29:30 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
The one in Pobre Obre with Dr Rafflesia we found, which other ones have you seen?

Another instance of overlapping bounty info is the Mad Muscle info in Rocco.

I swear, I'll beat that bastard yet.  If only he didn't do so much damage... or if I could fight with my tanks.  >_<

The lasers, while occasionally reflected, seemed to do a dandy number on him when I threw down.

Also, if ye need some shots off, load up yer extra gear slots with protectors, wait until ye fight 'im to put 'em on (Ye can tweak yer gear around mid-fight) and when he slugs someone, he should insteadjsut break the protector, essentially givin' ye a "Dodge".

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2007, 11:27:54 PM » by Zadey
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 01:17:37 AM by Zadey »
is it just me...or does the 205mm Cannon, sold in Hellsgate seem to be the best weapon? i mean, ive modded its ammo and atk to max, but the other weapons are just sooooo friggen heavy your losing alot of hp, even with a kong
IP Logged

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2007, 01:40:31 AM » by sss

Mind you, it could be a lot worse.  At least we don't need to use the menu to go up and down stairs.

me.. I think the custom button thing is bugged..
on the L and R menus.. you are supposed to be able to customise combos like L+A, etc.. except I can't get it to work. anyone else?
snes9x 1.51 + vista

whereas if I use zsnes 1.51... save states are screwed...

incidentally... under snes9x... when I try withdrawing items from the storeroom thing the screen goes heywire. anyone else?
IP Logged

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2007, 04:33:12 AM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 07:07:09 AM by Shadow »
is it just me...or does the 205mm Cannon, sold in Hellsgate seem to be the best weapon? i mean, ive modded its ammo and atk to max, but the other weapons are just sooooo friggen heavy your losing alot of hp, even with a kong

My answer would be kind of spoil-ish, so ask on the spoiler topic. =P

me.. I think the custom button thing is bugged..
on the L and R menus.. you are supposed to be able to customise combos like L+A, etc.. except I can't get it to work. anyone else?
snes9x 1.51 + vista

whereas if I use zsnes 1.51... save states are screwed...

incidentally... under snes9x... when I try withdrawing items from the storeroom thing the screen goes heywire. anyone else?

Must be a Vista issue. I 'beat' the game with ZSNES 1.51 and didn't have any problems with the save states. I'll check the withdrawal thing later: I gotta jet to class right away. =P

EDIT: I'm having no problems with withdrawing stuff on ZSNES 1.51. Haven't tried Snes9x. Again, I bet it's a Vista problem. The last version of both emulators came out before said OS, so I guess it's not supported. Try using the compatibility modes (not sure how it works on Vista: I use WinXP Pro SP2) and see what happens.
IP Logged

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2007, 01:23:38 PM » by sss

Must be a Vista issue. I 'beat' the game with ZSNES 1.51 and didn't have any problems with the save states. I'll check the withdrawal thing later: I gotta jet to class right away. =P

EDIT: I'm having no problems with withdrawing stuff on ZSNES 1.51. Haven't tried Snes9x. Again, I bet it's a Vista problem. The last version of both emulators came out before said OS, so I guess it's not supported. Try using the compatibility modes (not sure how it works on Vista: I use WinXP Pro SP2) and see what happens.

I figured out the L/R+A/B/X/Y combo button problem.. namely.. you use B (ie.. cancel) after selecting the desired combo button rather than using the more logical A (accept/etc) button... and it works...
if you use A.. it says none.

... oh incidentally.. just figured out what's wrong with the savestates..... nothing... I chose pause after load XD

... not quite sure what I did to get the gfx problem with the trunk room... don't seem to happen now... weird stuff.

thanks.

-
somewhat unrelatedly.. has anyone tried the metal saga DS? is it me... or can you not actually have 1 tank per person??
IP Logged

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2007, 06:07:12 PM » by Xeno
Hmmm.......How do you get all the tanks in the game?
I can't find most of them! >_<;
If anyone knows and don't want to spoil it for everyone, just e-mail me.

I think Kirby put on a little weight...
IP Logged

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2007, 08:50:02 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
I posted my reply on the spoiler thread. Check it out. =)
IP Logged

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2007, 09:01:28 PM » by Gideon Zhi Devil Summoner
We now have a WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! spoiler tag, by the way.

IP Logged

(Read 56133 times) 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to: