so let's talk metal max returns...

You are here: The Pantheon / Seven Heavens / Elysium - Gaming / Topic: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...

Gon is really angry
 right now.

ThreadTools

Print

ForumStats

11028 Posts, 543 Topics, 771 Members, Latest Member: BlueWizard

This forum is Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines integrated by Datschge basing on Simplicity by Bloc
 (Read 64159 times) 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Re: So let's talk Metal Max Returns...
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2007, 09:02:45 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
I went and messed around with the Trunk Room, but couldn't get anything strange to happen... Someone mentioned it on the GameFAQs board as well, though.

I haven't played too far into the DS game... I've only got the one tank so far, but I'd be surprised if you could only get one...

‥‥おしても いいんだぜ! なつかしい ドラムかんをよ!
IP Logged

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2007, 09:46:29 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
Haven't tried the DS game, since it's only in Japanese as far as I know. I've been looking for Metal Saga, the PS2 game (which came out in the US), to no avail. =(

We now have a WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! spoiler tag, by the way.

Oh, that's right. But we've already started a spoiler thread, so it seem tidier to put all the spoilery things there and the mostly regular stuff here. =P
IP Logged

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2007, 11:53:21 PM » by jtrainor
Holy crap is the Van ever good. You need a lot of money to trick it out properly, but once you do, it's better than the Abrahms.
IP Logged

« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2007, 01:39:59 AM » by sss
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:58:31 AM by sss »
I haven't played too far into the DS game... I've only got the one tank so far, but I'd be surprised if you could only get one...

you get more than 1 tank alright.. so far.. with 2 characters and 1 dog (think that's the limit.. strange enough) I can only have 1 active tank... 2 people can operate 2 guns of the tank though.. you can tow the other tank (tanks? don't know.. only had 2 so far)

much prefer the tank fleet possible in mmr/mm2.

going to start from scratch with zsnes... and see whether anything happens with the trunk room.. i suspect it might have something to do with savestates... if it has to do with anything.

----
thought I should say that I managed to crash zsnes XD
basically.. set the emulator at x3 speed... then head outside town and search ground.. to find stuff..... that's standing in 1 spot and hit the turbo button... the screen goes a bit.. when the dialogue popup goes up and down.. and finally the whole screen is frozen..
IP Logged

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2007, 06:20:24 PM » by Big Z
I found a weird secret passage near the two Big Cannon emplacements. There's a group of three rocks right before the metal platform hosting both Big Cannons that you can drive in-between. Performing a Check there will reveal a hidden cave with a few rooms and a conveyor belt. Is this cave used for anything? Can you come here later?

Edit: Here's the exact spot - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Zefnex/SecretMetalMaxtunnel.jpg
IP Logged

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2007, 06:57:58 PM » by Shadow The Ace Hunter
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:00:29 PM by Shadow »
The answer to that is a spoiler, highlight the following to find out:

1) WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! It's the secret exit of the Global Relief Center.
2) WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD! You show up there after beating the 'final' boss, Noah.
IP Logged

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2007, 07:30:30 PM » by Big Z
Ah, thanks Shadow. Has anybody tried playing a solo game yet? I was unhappy with my party and decided to try it, but I'm stuck at the Big Cannon battle(s). My hunter is L12 and packing the best equipment money can buy from Pobre Obre. Even if I get lucky with Piercing Shells and break the Cannon's parts I still get beaten every time. Is additional leveling in order? I feel like I'm /this/ close to proceeding and getting the Tiger.
IP Logged

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2007, 07:48:04 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
I have, but I used the trick to start with max gold and made heavy, heavy use of savestates, so it wasn't really as hardcore in my case as it might sound. ;)

That part with the cannons was probably the hardest part of the solo game, since you can't upgrade anything... I don't actually know if the HP totals of bosses like that continue past battles, but I decided to try playing as if it did, and either I got lucky or it worked. So I was able to hit the cannon with all the Piercing Shells, hit with everything else I had, run away when necessary, reload and restock and do it all over again. So to beat all two, it took me four tries. (Not counting all the other times I died.) Leveling won't help, because I don't think it is really feasible at that stage to beat the cannons without a tank. The best hope is to load up on Piercing Shells and hope that it damages the parts enough that it can't hit you back.

I'd like to play a serious solo game sometime -- no max money, no savestates. It can be a real pain later on. You get paralyzed, that's it, you're out. Luckily death is kind and it's not too hard to get back to where you are... but towards the end, I was seriously abusing the savestates ;)

IP Logged

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2007, 08:02:11 PM » by Big Z
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:24:12 PM by Big Z »
So I was able to hit the cannon with all the Piercing Shells, hit with everything else I had, run away when necessary, reload and restock and do it all over again. So to beat all two, it took me four tries. (Not counting all the other times I died.) Leveling won't help, because I don't think it is really feasible at that stage to beat the cannons without a tank. The best hope is to load up on Piercing Shells and hope that it damages the parts enough that it can't hit you back.

That works?! Liana my friend you're a genius =D

Edit: Are you positive that's what you did Liana? I've unloaded every shell aboard the Mosquito into the Big Cannon three times consecutively and it stands as firmly as the day it was built.
IP Logged

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2007, 09:22:59 PM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
I dunno why, but I remained oblivious to the presence of piercin' shells until I got the Abrams.

What I did instead to bust the cannons was to load up on spare shells for the main tank and have the buggy have a ton of tiles. At the start of the fight, immediately have the mechanic jump out of his junk and throw his wrench at it. I believe he was 11/12 at the time, so he hit it with reasonable frequency and numbers and would occasionally wreck the guns. While doin' this, i'd have the main tank cover him, which made it soak up ALL the damage and take only half from each hit, so about 40 damage a round. Once it ran low, have gearhead get into the tile ladden buggy and have it cover the main tank while the main unloads it's rounds. Brought me to the brink of destruction, but I won.

And now I dun know why I typed all that out. Ah well.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2007, 09:40:48 PM » by Liana Lens Comrade
I am sure that's what I did, but that doesn't mean I wasn't just lucky. ;) I think it went like this: piercing shells, main cannon, and aux cannon until I had to flee. By the time I got to aux cannon, the enemy cannon was usually unable to hit me too much... so I spent a lot of time doing very little damage. Gosh, just remembering it, it was horrible. It -can- be done, I can tell you that, but it did take me a good long time...

and we're talking about a solo game, Arle... no mechanic, no Buggy ;)

IP Logged

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2007, 11:47:26 PM » by Big Z
Ooooooooooh, I see what you mean now! I had read your original post incorrectly, Liana. The way I read it I thought you'd found some kind of bug or 'feature'  that let you flee combat and return with the same amount of damage done to the Cannon. I guess there's nothing to be done but keep banging my head against that wall until it breaks, eh? ;)
IP Logged

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2007, 01:02:11 AM » by sss
that metalmaniax site says something (i think) about being able to attack with certain personal weapons whilst in vehicle...

... any clue how? being lazy.. haven't looked in details... thought i'll just ask 1st.

装備の車内攻撃欄は、戦闘中車内攻撃が出来るかどうかを現し、○:攻撃可能、×:攻撃不可能、となっています。
IP Logged

« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2007, 01:53:24 AM » by Word on the Wind Fanservice with a vengence!
and we're talking about a solo game, Arle... no mechanic, no Buggy ;)

I know. As i said before, i dun know why I typed all of that. But after spendin' ten minutes on a post, it's not like i'm jut gonna not post it.  >_>

Also, I think hittin' L or R opens the personal command window while in a tank, but I ain't been able to make any use of it.

I miss my signature.
IP Logged

« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2007, 01:23:34 PM » by Xeno
With the buggy I was able to use the personal command window without getting out of the thing. I haven't tried it with any others yet.

I think Kirby put on a little weight...
IP Logged

(Read 64159 times) 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to: